2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

As much as it pains me to admit it,Francessa has been spot on with his rants against the JETS.

2. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

disagree completely. Mike's personal axe to grind against the organization as a whole and Rex specifically discredits his opinion. His basis for all the venom yesterday was basically grounded on the presumption (which he has no facts t back up) that Rex holds all the power or held all the power re personnel etc. He basically is blaming Rex for Rex retaining his job which is ridiculous. If he wanted to rail against anyone, Woody was the guy, but he hates Rex so much he can't help himself (it must be a fat guy type of thing)

Now has Woody handled this situation in general correctly, no on it's face. but I also don't assume that I know all of the behind the scenes info re GM interviews etc like Mike does, nor do I assume they divulge every detail in pressers.

Rex engaged in speech that was similar to when he was hired. He didn't say he wanted a "do over" as Mike kept hammering on, he said he was looking at this as a fresh start, probably a healthy way to approach it.

3. vajet69

vajet69 New Member

Westhoff is on with Fatty.
    I hate to see him leave. He spoke about Kotwica taking over and who good he feels Kotwica will be. He's highly intelligent, a West Point graduate and a Pilot.
    He didn't rule out coaching again.
    Talked about what a great work ethic and person Tebow was.
    He expressed an interest in doing TV next year.
    Poor Mike was hoping he'd say something bad about Rex.

Back afta dis

4. Gunther

Gunther Member

Francessa is one of the few I like. He's an intelligent man, and can bring an insight that the average fan can appreciate if they can get past their emotional love fest for their sport.

5. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Uh oh, Francesa is repeating the claim that Rex Ryan is running the entire organization because of the candidates they're interviewing. :eek:hmy:

6. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

He's a smart guy, but he is arrogant and believes that he is so much smarter than everyone else that he often talks off the cuff without even trying to research his claims. Then when he's corrected, he either talks over the caller and hangs up, makes up something else out of the blue to support his claim, or in some cases actually says it doesn't matter.

His only "insight" comes from his sources, of which he has many after all these years. Sometimes it seems as if he lives his rich man life and relies on sources and distant impressions of his own for his info.

7. When has the local media EVER done anything but find the most negative angle to take w/ any jet transaction regardless of the circumstances?

Some things never change.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Him taking his own speculation as fact and basis for his arguments, along with his clear anti-Rex agenda driven motives, gives this joke 0 credibility.

He knows as much as we do about the interview process, and i guarantee he never heard of 3/4 of the candidates before last week.
    He was going to come to the same conclusion no matter who we interviewed, and no matter who we hire.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

LOL, he's whining now about Kapernick got a taunting penalty.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he is painfuckingful.

i love how when someone calls him out he always deflects by asking htem a question. then they say it doesnt matter and he freaks out. this changes his idiot listeners thought process and they can never regain it. all they remember is htat francesser schooled that guy.

he is going to kill the jets because jets fans and giants fans love to call him and talk about it. thats what he does.

i listened to him yesterday talking about manti teo and it was scary how little he knew about what he claimed and portrayed as truth.

11. BacktoQueens

Direct quote from fatty...

'i don't know anything about Idzik. But i know he won't be making any of the decisions as he doesn't know personnel'

lol, love when he contradicts himself all in 1 sentence.

also yammering on about how Idzik is clearly the #2 guy behind Rex, and making it out as Rex clearly running the show even tho there is no evidence even suggesting Rex had any signficant role in the GM hiring process.

12. major33

Francesa has it "on good authority" that Rex got all the players he wanted in the four seasons he's been here. :up:

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"He's an intelligent man."

Uh, this is about Mike Francesca who is on WFAN, not Tony Francessa who I believe is a barber in Hoboken.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The beer was coming out my nose of this one.

15. BacktoQueens

haha, he's almost funny w/o trying to be.
    Who is his 'good authority'? Manish?

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I never understand how he gets it on good authority based on the Jets won't give him the time of day.

17. major33

Even if he has no inside information, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Rex had a huge say in how the roster was constructed. Maybe not as much the first two seasons because he couldn't come in demanding anything, but definitely in year 3 and 4 when the team started to go in the wrong direction. He had a lot of power after 2010. WTF was Tannenbaum going to do? Say no? Not happening after the 2 AFC championship appearances. If we had a stronger owner and a forceful GM then yeah, Rex would have been to told to stick to coaching. But no, Rex had to stick his fat beak in the personnel department and of course, the inevitable happens and the team goes into the toilet. And everything I'm hearing now is that Rex will still have a lot of say in how the roster is constructed. Which actually is a good thing because I want his fat ass fired after next season. Let's just hope he doesn't do any more long term damage to the franchise.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You have no idea whether what you just wrote is true. It's funny that you think you do know though.

19. major33

Mike Francesa disagrees with you. This is his thread. :)

[​IMG]

I'm right.

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

im sure his tune would be much different if Kaepernick was on "Da Classless Jets"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.