Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

why do you care? it is as ridiculous as being a fan of Nike and wanting to know who is in the room when they make their design choices.

the answer is who gives a shit.

2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Interesting..

We're all a bit to involved in the moment to step back at this point and time to see it but I find it very interesting that not one other team has bothered to inquire about Tannenbaum. I think that says a lot about what other teams think of him. I guess the same is true of his asst. The Jets seem to be the only one considering him for the GM position.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's not about how difficult the decision is, it's about having the authority to make the decision.

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's a good question.

As a Jets fan, I'd be very interested in knowing who is in the room during interviews and asking the questions? It could shed a lot of light on the decision making process.

If you were into clothing design, you might actually care who designs Nike's stuff.

The only ridiculous thing is the comparison you made. Just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean nobody else does.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Yeah let rush into hiring some one.

6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I would imagine that as soon as Baltimore loses, it will take 3 seconds to ask for permission to talk to Decosta. If Rex has anything to say about it, as we all know his love for the Ravens.

7. kaboom

kaboom Member

Why wait? There is no wait needed to talk to front office personnel for teams still in the playoffs, only for coaches.

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Lol, great response.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The Chiefs dont have a GM either right, maybe its because Andy Reid is there and they want their own HC

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, it is an absolutely 100% relevant comparison because there are many elements of the inner working of a business that the consumer just doesn't need to know and shouldn't even expect to know. you want to know every detail of how Nike plans its season products, go work for Nike. you want to know every single detail that goes into the Jets decision making process, go work for the Jets.

if working for them isn't your interest then you have no need to know those things and I don't get the curiosity of it.

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson knows less about football than Michael Jordan does about running a basketball team

whoever is making the decision better know who the right man is for the job but at the end of the day we know its Woody and that dooms us

12. Realistic Jets Fan

You think you...Mr sit on your couch fan have the right to know precisely what is going on behind closed doors in Jed Hughes office re: the new GM interviews???

Buy a football team...otherwise you have no such right.

I guess you could decide not to renew your tickets...if you have tickets..my guess is that option is not open either

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

So we have RealisticJetsFan and SufferingJetsFan arguing............this should end well

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jetblu ,,,,if you don't give a shit that's fine,,,not exactly sure why u replied to me if that is all you had to say :breakdance:

I am curious how the Jets interviewing ,,dare I say it " process " works and who does the interviewing ? Maybe if I had an interest in Nike I would want to know how that works also :beer:
    To me it seems pretty ridiculous that anyone including you as a fan would not be interested in how this ugh " process " works ?

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This I like :beer:

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is such a bullshit answer,,,,I did not say I want to know every single detail ,just who is in the room,,,I don't care what questions they ask,,,just who is asking them,,,,,,if this really bothers you let me know and I will ask it again :lol:

I think many jet fans would be interested in who is asking the questions,,,oh and for anyone who cares to know,,,I dropped my tickets 2 years ago zero regrets :beer:

17. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Your right! It could be several reasons why they wait, perhaps it is just hopeful thinking. Decosta has already declared he has no "plans" to leave the Ravens. However, Decosta taking interviews would be a distraction for the team.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

19. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Thats just lazy journalism...banner headline the argues against his headline...

Salary cap is not good but with the cuts , one of Revis or Cromartie will be traded and despite previous posts Harris will be restructured with some bonus thrown at him for doing so.

This is not as bad as portrayed , for example the jets will float Cro , holmes and Sanchez in trades..the latter two are unlikely but with Cromartie , they will easily get a trade partener for a 3rd this year as his contract is favourable to a new employer. That takes $10m off the cap immediately. We will lose a big name in a trade and we won't get the full price for it but we wont be the dead men walking that we are portrayed to be.

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we're in cap hell for one year then Holmes and Sanchez come off the books and our only big deals will be Mangold, Ferguson, Revis, Cromartie and Harris. Harris then comes off in 2015.

Our defense is built around Revis and Cromartie I dont want to trade either