Who do you think the next Offensive Coordinator is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I agree neither Norv or any big name candidate would want to be the Jets OC considering the situation and the fate of the two previous OC. I can see either an older coach who needs a paycheck or a younger one who has nothing to lose and wants to be promoted up and gain experience for his resume. Anyone who takes the position will have considered it is more than likely they will be fired at the end of the season and will reflect poorly on them.

#21 Jon_Snow, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. redworld

redworld New Member

Joe Lombardi
    Mark Helfrich

Stop with the journeyman coordinators who bounce from job to job. Fresh blood.

3. JoeWillyGod

JoeWillyGod New Member

Bill Callahan if dallas brings in turner .... then bring in a quarterback guru for sanchez or a young talent

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I think we need to bring in a stud QB Coach and innovative offensive mind and develop Tebow. His just needs to get the ball out quicker and fix his footwork. He's got the arm and accuracy(which has improved a ton by his standards) but I think with a full off-season of Quarterback work and building a system around him similar how Washington built around RG3.

Former Nevada Head Coach would be great for our offense. Bring him in and a QB guru to be help Tebow's mechanics and give him a year to see what we can do.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...chris-ault-the-father-of-the-pistol-nfl-bound

#24 Jeti, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets will bring in somebody who will have a crappy QB, an inconsistent offensive line, no solid runningback and a joke of a WR corps. Then he'll get fired in 2 seasons, along with the rest of the CS.

6. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

MT:Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    If Jets hire Marc Trestman as the OC...it's worth noting he LOVES Tebow. Trained him before the 2010 draft and the two are great friends.

7. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

a name I've seen pop up a few times in the last couple days is Mike Mularkey - who is likely to get released by the new GM...

Here are his stints as an offensive coordinator (with blurbs from Wikipedia about his time with each team)
    Pittsburh Steelers (2001-2003)
    Mularkey was hired as the Pittsburgh Steelers tight ends coach in 1996 and held the position until the conclusion of the 2000 season, when he replaced Kevin Gilbride as the team's offensive coordinator. He has a reputation for being an offense-oriented head coach with a penchant for trick plays. His skill for creating special packages to utilize multi-dimensional players such as Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El earned him the nickname "Inspector Gadget".[3] Even with his creative imagination, his philosophy of being the most physical punishing offense helped the Steelers average 10+ wins a year during his 3 years as offensive coordinator.
    Miami Dolphins (2006)
    On January 22, 2006, Mularkey was hired to be the Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator. As the offensive coordinator under Miami's coach, Nick Saban, Mularkey had an unsuccessful season with injuries to his first string quarterback, Daunte Culpepper, and running back, Ronnie Brown. The Dolphins only scored 16.3 points per game, ranking 29th in the NFL. Following the season, it was announced Saban had resigned as Dolphins head coach and he accepted the position of head coach of the University of Alabama Crimson Tide on January 3, 2007.

Upon the hiring of former San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron as Dolphins head coach on January 19, 2007, it was announced that Mularkey would no longer serve as offensive coordinator but would remain with the team in another capacity. On March 15, 2007 it was officially announced that Cameron himself would call the offensive plays in 2007, leaving Mularkey to serve as tight ends coach.
    The 2007 Dolphins finished with a record of 1-15, and on January 3, 2008, it was announced that Mularkey was let go from his tight ends coach position, as were all other coaches for the Miami Dolphins.
    Atlanta Falcons (2008-2011)
    On January 25, 2008 it was announced that he would become the next offensive coordinator for the Atlanta Falcons. In his first season at Atlanta, Mularkey's offense rushed for 152.5 rushing yards per game, second most in the league. The Falcons also finished 10th in the NFL in scoring (up from 29th the previous year) with 24.4 points per game, and 6th in yards with 361.2 per game. After the 2010 season, Mularkey interviewed with multiple NFL teams for their head coaching vacancies for 2011.

#27 dwalsh, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Funny how Mangini(Schotty) and Sparano were geniuses when Chad was healthy but sucked after.mmmm

How much complaining did the Jets fans do about Pennington again?

9. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    With Mularkey out in Jax, add him to the list of possible OC targets for the Jets

10. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's just what we need. More trash.

11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

What do you mean? Murlarkey is nice. I'd be ok with him

12. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Ken Whisenhunt.

Follow my logic -Bring Whisenhunt in as Asst HC and OC. He therefore becomes the next Head Coach while Rex coaches his last season. Or...

Hire Omar Khan as GM and Whisenhunt as OC. Then after next season a certain CBS pre game analyst will already have his people in place and be ready to come back to coaching.....

13. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Are u guessing? Or hoping?

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Mularkey's a good coach. Just because he couldnt get a head coaching job doesn't change that.

15. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Say what you want but he is much cheaper and better than suckchaze. Its not like the qb play can get any worse, and I am no tebow lover.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dick LeBeau went 4–9, 6–10 and 2–14 as head coach of the Bengals. He was just another team's trash until he was hired by Pittsburgh to create a dominant defense. Stop talking out of your ass.

17. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

so got bored at work and put this together...

[​IMG]

18. Jetnad

Jetnad Member

Cam Cameron pleaseee

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Jeti, I've been saying this to anyone in the office for weeks -- the Jets should make a play for Ault. He's a great offensive mind and has had decent success with considerably lower talent. I'm loathed to type this, but SIGN THIS BEAST! :p

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Wisenhunt concerns me. With Kurt Warner on board he got to the SB, and it was a really good run, too. But Warner left and how did the Cards do with that? They ended up with probably the only worse Qb situation than the Jets in the whole league. That does not inspire confidence.