Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol well Holmes and Cromartie are playmakers

2. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Of course your information that Jets do have problems is based on:
    1. There is no new GM, and
    2. The "experts" are saying so.

Reading your posts a came to conclusion that for the most part you have a critical, realistic mind. Yet in this case you choose to come to the doom and gloom conclusion base on absence of evidence and on someone else's opinions. Rather uncharacteristic of you.

I suppose this this a glass half-full / glass half-empty business. You will either see doom and gloom, or a rational process in progress depending on your dark- or light-sider tendencies.

3. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets will interview Steelers executive Omar Khan for vacant GM job tomorrow, per source. #nyj

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Omar Khan's official title with the Steelers is Director of Football & Business Adminstration. Jets expanding their search this week. #nyj

5. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I would love to get Kahn, if he has experience scouting. Someone from a quality organization like the Steelers could do us wonders.

6. displacedfan

Omar Khan's strengths are contract negotiations and salary cap expertise. Jets are in dire need to for an upgrade in those areas. #nyj

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So he's not a talent evaluator, which we have an even bigger need for?

8. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I think I want Jimmy Raye. The Chargers always had talent, but didn't keep all of them cause of dumbass AJ Smith.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The more I read up on Khan the more I think this would be a terrible hire. He's Tannenbaum to a T.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm guessing Br4dw4y5ux will be stoked when he hears this.

11. I'm not sure that's the case. Jets have a reputation as to having a quality scouting department. Tannenbaum just didn't always listen to them.

More likely, Jets need an architect. Someone who knows how to establish a well rounded team w/ an identity.

12. Petey

Petey Active Member

And just think of it this way, if the Jets are terrible in 2013 and they fire Rex, they can hire Rob Ryan! Because replacing Mike Tannenbaum with the other Mike Tannenbaum and replacing R Ryan with the other R Ryan makes sense and should definitely happen.

13. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/09/panthers-name-dave-gettleman-gm/

The Carolina Panthers have hired Dave Gettleman as the new General Manager for the team.

Gettleman has been in the league for 25 years, 15 of which he spent with the New York Giants. In 1998, he joined the Giants as then-director Tim Rooney’s assistant. Gettleman was promoted to Pro Personnel Director in 1999, a position he served until July of last year when he was named the Senior Pro Personnel Analyst.

The Panthers fired longtime GM Marty Hurney six games into the season. Panthers owner Jerry Richardson is optimistic about the hire.

“I was very impressed with Dave’s experience and think he will be a very good fit for our organization,” Jerry Richardson said in a statement released by the team. “He has an extensive background in personnel and comes from an organization in the New York Giants that I hold in high regard and played an instrumental role in their success.”

one less name...

14. UWSfan

UWSfan New Member

I would love Khan. Steelers fans seem like they really don't want to lose him, which is a good sign. Plus, in December, Jason LaCanfora had him as the #1 potential GM.

For what it's worth, he is VERY close to Bill Cowher. Cowher has said if he ever coached again he would insist on Khan as his GM. Bill Cowher just bought a $2.5 million apartment on the Upper East Side. If Rex has a bad year, hmmmm.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Khan running football operations but we need to revamp the scouting department and get an offensive mind who know's talent.

Rex's picks on D have all been great picks, screw you if you disagree

if we get an offensive stud, upgrade our scouts, let Khan run the cap and have our scouts scout, Rex evaluate defensive prospects, the OC evaluate offensive prospects and Khan decide who to pick based on the salary cap implications

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

They should hire him on name only....

18. displacedfan

Jets will interview former Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo tomorrow for vacant GM job, per source.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

bumping this with new updates ...