Who do you think the next Offensive Coordinator is?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Who do you guys think we'll look to get. Rex says he wants the offensive version of him and to be honest I dont know who the hell that is. But we need a genius and we need one fast

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Well if you listen to the rumor mill and the jets wanting to promote from within, I'm guessing the waterboy.

3. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's either Hue Jackson or Norv Turner...

4. 1968jetsfan

but in a serious answer if rex is in charge, then I'm betting Hue Jackson...the Jets will then be Baltimore North when they officially announce Dennis Thurman as the DC.

5. Darrelle24Revis

Darrelle24Revis Active Member

I'm praying to God that it is Norv Turner. He's a GREAT OC!

P.s. he's our only chance of saving Shitchez

6. 1968jetsfan

Sanchez is done in New York. If the Jets can find a way to deal him he's gone.

Funny thing, the Jets could trade him, pay 6 million of the salary he's owed and still be about 2.5 million under the cap hit they'd take by cutting him.
    It's 17.1M to cut him, he's due 8.25M in salary, but by most reports if they trade him it's 8.6-8.9M (depending on the report you read) so that plus 6 is 14.6-14.9M cap hit.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Either would be fine but I am leaning towards the one with the adamantium claws.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Probably promote some minor coach on the offensive side of the ball. RB coach or OL coach.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

On defense Rex schemes to cover for our lack of a pass rush,,,,what can they possibly do on offence to cover for the lack of talent especially at the qb position :breakdance:

Who in their right mind would want to be the OC of this hot mess ?

#9 CBG, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

No way Norv comes to this clusterfuck organization.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why on earth would the Jets even consider promoting from within when all they know for about the last 10 years is the worst offensive play calling and scheming in the NFL? The fact they also have the worst skill position offensive players doesn't help either.

12. odessa

odessa Banned

This is my first post and I need to make it a good one. I want to go with a dark horse, someone nobody is talking about. The last I heard was he took a job in KC, but with the overhaul there he might be available; why not Charlie Weis? Every where he's gone, he always had a successful offenses with the Giants, Jets, Patriots and Notre Dame as HC(just the defense sucked). I personally would be ecstatic is Rex hired Charlie.:jets:

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bruce Arians is #1 by far. However he's currently being considered for HC openings and he's not going to take another OC job unless he gets paid HC type money.

14. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Think it is going to be Norv Turner.

Troy Aikman has crazy man love for him, giving Norv tons of credit for developing him as a QB. He also has stated how great Norv is at designing and calling plays. Those are exactly the things that Rex was talking about yesterday - being unpredictable and original in designing an offensive scheme from week to week.

The credit Aikman gives Norv for his development should also be given aton of credit. Whether it is Sanchez or a rookie QB the devlopment of a QB is the moist important thing that we need to be successful year in and year out.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This hire is so important.
    With our inexperience among coordinators, and our ineptitude on offense, I would like to see a former HC. Name them Assistant HC and OC.
    Give them a lot of latitude on the new vision for the offense, and how it will be rebuilt.
    Also has to be someone who can game plan well, call plays well, and work around some inevitable deficiencies in talent we will still have in '13.
    Also someone highly respected in the league, and could possibly be retained in the likely event Ryan is canned next year.

It all points to Norv Turner.
    However, i really see him re-joining the Cowboys.

16. Viffer98

Viffer98 Member

I would also love to see this but there was a report already yesterday that he told the Jets he wasn't interested.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would like it to be Norval, but it remains to seen whether he would want to come here.

18. Ted

Ted Member

If they trade him they are still on the hook for the entire 17 mil minus whatever the gaining team agrees to pay. i.e. if the Cards pick up 5 mil of his salary Sanchez counts 12 mil against the cap. You have to include both 2013 and 2014 in the calculation.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Report?

Link please.....

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

BB I would say that as openings dry up, it in Norvs interest to not let the stench of failure be the last thing on his resume, if he wants the top slot again.

And, going one further, the NYJ seem committed to brining in an offensive minded GM to balance Rex, and given this years injuries, Norv would have the opportunity to look like a genius when he turns around an offense. Much like Mangini looked because he got a 10 win tem when Pennington was healthy.