Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

If that's true and he watched the presser my bet is he snuck out the back door:shit:

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That's what I get for working too hard and miss a day.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we get Gamble at this point. Just nobody from inside the organization. The Jets need somebody from outside.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter,Rex is running the show.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I still don't understand why all the intrigue. Just give Rex the GM title and be done.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Like said Rex is the teacher's pet. Today's presser proved it. Woody has a serious woody for Rex.

7. AlToon

AlToon Member

Rex is Andy Reid who ran the Eagles. Reid had his personnel guys like Heckert. Reid was the boss. Reid is the boss in KC. Reid wants to hire Dorsey and Heckert in KC.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I don't think Rex is like Reid.

Sheesh, can people wait until we actually have a press conference announcing our new GM before complaining? With these hires, it's rarely the person who we all thought it was/could be/don't want.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

Some of ya are taking this "Rex is running the show" really badly. Should Rex hire his own coordinators? Yeah he's the coach, he has to deal with them every day, should he have a say on the GM? Why not, if he's staying, might as well get a guy that he gets along with and they can work together. Its not like Rex is going to be making all the choices after the GM is hired, he'll get his coordinators and whatever other staff he needs with the GMs help of course.

He's not completely running the show, he's just running what he should be.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is you feel it's completely normal for someone to have a lot of say in the hiring of his own boss??? Strip away all the hyperbole that's been going around, all the end arounds, and all the stunts, and that's what you're left with.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ugh sometimes I hate when I'm right :sad:

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

No, that's not what I'm saying. Its not like he's gonna be bossing him around, he's simply helping find a guy that fits the team and gets along with the staff that he will be working with. Would you rather have a GM who can't stand Rex, or someone who likes working by his side?

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It doesn't sound like the GM is Rex's boss. It sounds like Rex reports to Woody, as will the GM.

14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Well, I understand exactly what you're saying. But Woody, as owner of this team and the guy who put up a big chunk of dough to find a new GM to get the franchise back on the right track, shouldn't be concerned with whether these guys get along. He should be concerned with what actually gets the team back on the right track. These are grown men, you hire the best guy for the job and he and Rex make it work.........or they don't.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Brilliant! Lets have everyone report to an owner that knows nothing about football!

God this franchise sucks.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

idk why you guys are hating on the jets so much

i understand why you would be pissed about them looking into cohen and all that shit, but these guys conducting the interview know a gazillion times more football than you when it comes to being a GM. let them do their jobs

17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I honestly think that some people just join this board to bitch and moan, I mean I get emo during the games and like to do my fair share of complaining, but some people seem to do nothing but whine about everything the Jets do or dont do, and it seems that regardless of the moves they make, its the wrong one - if it causes you this much pain and anguish then, seriously, just stop following them.

18. Realistic Jets Fan

SOJFs

Worst in the league

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm not saying it's the right (or wrong) way to do things, I was just explaining what I understood the org structure to be between owner, gm and coach based on the press conference. Br4dw4y5ucks pointed out that this is how the Steelers and Packers run things, so it can't be all bad.

I am very skeptical about Woody's knowledge level.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Its weird to see the apparent differences between the way a soccer team is run and an NFL team - in soccer you have the manager (Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger etc) who is the guy that is seemingly pretty much responsible for all aspects of the team - he has coaches, scouts, advisors etc but he is the person that has overall control over most aspects.

There is a "business side" person but the idea that they would have control over the day to day aspects of the team with the top sides would seem odd.

With the NFL its often hard to see where the HCs responsibilites lay and those of the GM - where does the power of each start and stop or is it very fluid and varying hugely between teams (which I expect to be the case)?

I also find odd that people seem to object to the idea that the HC should have some input on the hiring of the GM - these are two people that have to work closely and well together if the team is to be a success so it would seem right to determine whether there is some synergy there - clearly you would expect the GM to opine on the hiring of a new coach - in which case would the HC not just be the GMs puppet following the same logic people are giving about Rex?