Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's a stupid rule.

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'm not overly familiar with any of the candidates but they do sound like they are more focused on players than money. Tanny was good with the Cap and money, he was basically an accountant but he wasn't great at assessing talent on the roster or for drafting. I think at this point we would be better served having a GM who is better at assessing talent even if he isn't as creative with contracts and cap situations. Obviously you don't want someone as bad with contracts as Tanny was with assessing player talent.

So, yeah, I guess we'll see what happens.

3. Realistic Jets Fan

Most interesting is that Gamble's interview tomorrow with the Chargers is in the early AM and not in SD but HERE in the NJ/NY area. No need to shlep back out to Cali for an interview when you can better spend your time in the PM signing your Jet contract, meeting the coaching and scouting people and getting prepared for your introductory presser at 5 pm

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

You guyss relize this is a Catand Mouse game in Negociations and nothing is certain yet?

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Wow thanks for the info....i did not know that.
    the Chargers are really interviewing him in NY, and our presser is not till 5PM?

That sounds like the team completing their process and complying with the league rule. and Gamble keeping options open in event Jets are blown away by a late interview, or he blown away by a SD offer.
    that makes sense.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Burnz your spelling is atrocious which undermines any credibility you might have regarding the GM contract negotiation process. They aren't even in a contract negotiation process. Relax.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Our presser is at 11AM tomorrow (unless things have changed)

8. BacktoQueens

yeah you are right. 11:00 - 11:45 AM according to newyorkjets.com.

if there won't be any GM announcement tomorrow, it will be a waste of time press conference (with talking heads wrongly interpreting every PR answer given)

9. Realistic Jets Fan

my bad

presser is at 11

however, my bet is that Gamble will be introduced as the new GM of the NYJ at that time

10. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

:drunk: I still have an opinion right?! Lol but seriously I know they are not in negotiation but it is a Cat and Mouse game for cash and maybe other opportunities for people to be so emotionally tied to a guy that isn't even signed yet is just ridiculous

11. BacktoQueens

i haven't seen anything suggesting the interview was in NY. where did u hear that?

unless interview with SD is canceled by tonite, i don't see any way Gamble would be introduced by 11AM tomorrow.

12. redworld

redworld New Member

Caldwell is almost certainly going to the Jags and really I wouldn't be upset at all if they ended up with Ross. Gamble or Ross is fine. Cohen would be a disaster.
    It was originally scheduled for the east coast. No word on if the re-scheduled interview is though.

@AlbertBreer
    Tom Gamble's interview with Chargers that was supposed to happen this weekend on the East Coast, and was rescheduled, is set for tomorrow.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That's funny....sorry Burnz, don't mean to laugh at your expense.:up:

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tuesdays presser----will it be on any TV ? SNY,,,MSG,,,,ANYONE KNOW where one can watch it :up:

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

likely on the team website

16. Realistic Jets Fan

@AlbertBreer
    Tom Gamble's interview with Chargers that was supposed to happen this weekend on the East Coast, and was rescheduled, is set for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

17. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Chargers job is a better job. Better salary cap situation. The Chargers have money this offseason. The Spanos family. Alex and Dean are better than Woody. They really don't interfere. Gamble can bring in his own coach. Jim Tomsula from day 1. None of this try to make it work with Rex. Philip Rivers can still be a top QB. The Jets have no QB.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, only one person can take the Chargers job. And there are many qualified candidates out there...

That being said, no GM situation is perfectly ideal...otherwise, the old GM would still have a job.

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

So if a phillips screw driver is not ideal or a project, a flat head is also not ideal?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The best thing about the Chargers job is the new GM can take a QB that he likes on the 11 pick to groom behind Rivers. He can trade down to the 20's and take a QB there. He can tell Rivers that the guy is on the Aaron Rodgers plan and the Chargers don't intend to play him until 2016 as long as Rivers continues to play at a high level.

Drew Brees kept Rivers on the bench for 2 years. He'll buy it.