Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

To some of our fans, his existence is fucking things up.

2. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Where are your seats?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets really have a candidate they prefer to Gamble it has to be somebody they already interviewed, which would probably mean Caldwell. They wouldn't prefer a prospective interview over Gamble unless they just didn't like Gamble, which seems unlikely.

4. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Can we wait until after Gamble takes the Chargers GM job to start bashing Woody for letting him get away?

#324 ProfJets, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at people and thank the stars you aren't as miserable as they are. Again, people wonder why our fanbase has the worst reputation in football.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Gamble going somewhere else wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I would love it I mean look at the 49ers

8. This change of heart could all be posturing in order to stay compliant w/ the Rooney Rule. Ross's interview can't appear to be just a formality.He must appear to have a legit chance at the position. We shall see

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Another classy move by the organization if this is true.

10. redworld

redworld New Member

@AlbertBreer
    On the Jets ... Since I've been asked, process is ongoing. Tom Gamble entered it as the favorite. But others can surely still win that job.

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

They really can't win with you, can they?
    If they do something to comply with the rule -- "another classy move... blah blah blah "

If they shit on Rooney's rule -- "Da classless Jets, blah blah blah", probably rasists too.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can't help but laugh at this. Please tell me maestro, how should a classy organization handle this situation if they indeed know Gamble is their guy but they need to fulfill a rule...

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

or idiot Jets fans.

there aren't many available GM jobs, nobody looking for the promotion to GM is turning down an opportunity to become a GM, especially someone that is talented and confident in their abilities.

who the hell would want to hire a GM that would only take a job that was easy?

or perhaps he is confident in his ability to assemble a talented team for Rex, or whoever is the coach, to coach, so it is irrelevant whether he interviews Rex.

here's a newsflash some those of you who don't seem to grasp this concept -- highly motivated and talented people seek out challenges. the Jets are a challenge with a huge reward in the New York market. talented and motivated GM candidates would love nothing more than the opportunity to succeed with the Jets and in New York, so the idea that nobody would want to come here, or having to be stuck with Rex for at least one season is a negative of the job, is just ridiculous.

a talented GM candidate would believe they could succeed regardless.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Interview him BEFORE Gamble, or at least keep the leaks about Gamble being a done deal to a minimum.

That said, overlooking him would be foolish, because his credentials look just as good as Gambles IMO.

I love how all those who jumped on Gamble as their "#1 pick" are panicking about him interviewing with another team. My guess is most on here never even heard of most of these "top" candidates until after their names were tossed out by the media "experts."

The truth is, there is no guarantee he was or is the best candidate because he has never been a GM before. Isn't it possible that they should do their due diligence and speak with everyone they believed was a good candidate?

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

what happened with the Dorsey interview on Sat?
    Was that canceled?

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Personally, I'd be satisfied with hiring anyone as long as they weren't an in house candidate or Tom Heckert. Since Heckert doesn't want to be here, that's 50% of my worries gone.

17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There is no way to ensure that type of scheduling, as it depends on availability.
    There is also no way to know prior to interviews who will be your best candidate, unless you go in with pre-conceived notions (and that would be closed minded and a mistake).

This is the truth. Most interviewing GM candidates will not have previous GM experience. So how do you mitigate the risk?
    Resume, range of experience in different areas of a team FO, recommendations, who their mentors where, recent track record, strength of interview, and how well their philosophy and personality fits into your team and market.

From what i've seen and read, Gamble seems like a good fit.
    But really, who the hell knows..

18. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I agree as well. It sounds like either Gamble or Ross would be an upgrade at the GM position, as long as either isn't afraid to rein in the contracts and coaches while developing talent. (In particular, I'm a big fan of what Ross has done with the Giant's receiving corps.)

19. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I fully agree.

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, a lot of organizations do this. They make up their mind and the Rooney Rule is just a formality which is detrimental to the actual rule.