QB options for Jets (Merged Thread)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ben Had, Jan 1, 2013.

1. duncc5

duncc5 Member

No sense in wasting another pick just for the sake of taking a QB. This class is weak, especially compared to 2012 and 2014. IMO this draft is a good chance to build a foundation for a QB that comes in next year, especially if we can trade down and pick up an extra pick or two. There are a lot of solid 2013 OL, RB, WR, and TE prospects who can help in the long term. QB, not so much. Especially considering teams will be reaching b/c of need at that position.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

:shit: :rofl:

3. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

"Has the sixth sense for the pass rush" that made me laugh.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Ah yes, Walter football. I guess the pass deflections was the only truth to fruition.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I just used Walter because they made the same basic distinctions everybody else was but in a clear, concise way that made it easy to read.

Some of the sites act like punctuation and paragraphs were never invented. In fact a couple of the better ones look like a 9 year old scribbled all over the page.

6. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Why is it that every year we need a QB the draft class seems to suck for QB's? It's always, too bad we didn't suck last year, or suck next season. Sigh. It fucking sickens me to no end.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

IMO, Bray and Nassib are the only QB's worth taking a flyer on, especially Nassib.

Nassib has a chance to be the best QB from this class. I really like his throwing mechanics and footwork. Plus, he showed up against some pretty tough teams. He could be the best QB from a weak class (there's always one)

Bray's attitude needs work, but he has a lot of other qualities. Plus, he has a 6'6 frame.

Every other QB isn't worth it. Geno Smith and Glennon are overrated, Barkley was horrible this season and is a USC QB (nothing else needs to be said), and Wilson isn't anything special.

9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Bradway,

Once again I am going to have to disagree. This guy has a rocket and is strong as a horse. He has been a starter for several years and is just not a one and done mental midget. This biggest differrence is we wont have to take him at 5 and spend millions on him.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

No QB is worth taking at #9 in this draft. I am high on Aaron Murray and despite his bad game in the Cotton Bowl I still like Landry Jones.

11. Br4d

Landry Jones looks like he's going to be a fit in a good WCO. He's not going to be ready right away because he relies so heavily on his first read in a passing game that uses short passes the way other teams use the run. NFL teams will press on his receivers and take that away to see what he does under pressure.

I think he's got a real shot to be good but like most of the QB's in this draft it's going to take a lot of luck and the right team and system to make that happen.

12. johnmr718

johnmr718 New Member

Worst QB draft in years almost as bad as the 2007 or the 2001 draft

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I hope to god we don't draft a QB at #9... unless it's Geno Smith (but he won't be there).

Not much talent at QB high up in this draft.

14. Br4d

2001 was Michael Vick and Drew Brees. If we get that kind of result out of this draft it will be seen as solid. I think you're right about the overall talent though. It's a draft deep in mediocre prospects who played out of the shotgun in college. One or two of them will probably be good though, just no clue who.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Jest would love to find 2013's Russell Wilson.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Aaron Murray

17. Br4d

With all due respect to Russell Wilson I'd be shocked if he's still the Seahawks starting QB in 4 years. The book on him is going to grow and as other mobile QB's come into the NFL and force defenses to adapt he's going to be the shortest guy facing the new reality.

18. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. He's been a bit overrated IMO this season. He hasn't really performed all that well on the road and Seattle's defense has given him excellent field position to work with. Much the same way our defense gave Sanchez excellent field position his first two seasons. I am curious to see how Wilson performs on the road today. But over the long haul, I see him much like Sanchez. Limited when the situation isn't perfect.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Russell Wilson is about the same size as Drew Brees.

It's not always your size, intelligence has a lot ot to do with it and Wilson is way ahead of the curve.

I'm not saying Wilson is going to be a Pro Bowl player for years to come, but he certainly knows who to play QB in the NFL and be effective.

20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Lol, Wilson is no Sanchez.

Sanchez hasn't and never will have a season like Wilson did this season.

Wilson will only get better.