The Jets Fan Folly

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Jan 5, 2013.

1. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Right now we are under attack by the worst thing ever...deception. The worst thing is that we are being deceived by our own crazed fanaticism. We are so intensely into every game and so disgusted when we see an offense with college level talent on the field that we just want to point fingers everywhere. STOP! Its not EVERYBODY'S fault. This is a simple TALENT issue. Now, what member of pretty much every NFL team is responsible for maintaining the talent on a football team? THE GM! OUR GM WAS FIRED! I hate Woody as much as anybody on this board, but stop with the Rex nonsense. Rex is a very good coach, and even the people who bash him would admit that! How can you possibly want your team to fire a guy who you know has the ability to lead a defensive unit as a head coach at an elite level. You know that!! This has been proven, that if his offense performs at a non-destructive level at least, he has the ability to win with defensive dominance. We need a new GM in here to come in to infuse the offense with TALENT.

Now if you want to bring up the Tebow argument, fine. But here is my caution to you. It has pretty much been well established in the football community that Tebow being brought in to New York was a Woody Johnson move. Just like Favre. Would people pretty much agree with that? To pin this whole thing on Rex is not only wrong but is counterproductive! It doesn't solve the problem, which is that our owner who knows nothing about football is making football decisions. THIS is the outrage. So until that stops, it doesn't matter what other coach or GM or ANYTHING you bring in the problem will continue. When Rex told the media that this team was the most talented team he's had, he was just up to his old tricks. He was trying to instill maximum confidence into his squad. He obviously misjudged the level of talent on his offense. But thats the GM's job. So stop calling for Rex to be fired, and start demanding Woody leave the teams football operations to whoever he is about to hire.

2. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

What ever it is your drinking or smoking I want some

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I don't believe Rex is a good head coach. He's a good coach, just not head coach. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't want him as the head coach of my team. Let him take his creepy weird fetishes to New Orleans.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

So you weren't a fan of the back to back AFC Championship games his first 2 years? Sure the talent has dropped since then and he has something to do with that but he deserves another chance. He did more for our franchise in 2 years then Parcells-Herm and Mangini did for us combined. He deserves a year to change it around.

5. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

I would give him a year, but he needs a whole new staff and keep Sanchez on the bench. He should have benched him after game 5, the games were unwatchable most of the year.

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Isn't that what this year was ? A chance to turn it around after going 8-8 and missing the playoffs last year ??

7. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

Rex is a players coach. He gets everyone fired up, backs his players and you know they want to play for him. The thing that concerned me about him getting fired this year was that he would go somewhere like New Orleans and win them a Superbowl. I believe he is that good as a DC.

I'm pleased Rex is our Head Coach.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex needs to be fired because he made a mistake and then he repeated that mistake for 15 games this year.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

It has all been stated at nauseom ,,,Rex is a great DC sadly he is not t a very good HC.

#9 CBG, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I hear Chuck Noll was a really bad coach because the talent evaporated around him in Pittsburgh in the early 80's and he couldn't adapt to not having Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris among others on the field playing for him.

Bill Belichik was a really bad coach just waiting for Tom Brady to show up.

Tony Dungy was bad-squared. He had to go join the greatest QB of our generation to win his ring.

It's talent.

The reason Rex looks bad right now is there is not enough of it on the field playing for him. Last time I looked that part of the equation was not under the control of the head coach. Given that 3 Jets coaches have made the playoffs recently with rosters that were not particularly stacked I think the odds are pretty good that the solution to the problem is getting more talent.

So far this off-season the Jets have made some moves that suggest that they understand this, starting with firing the GM and keeping the coach this time around.

#10 Br4d, Jan 5, 2013
  11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

RR is a clone of his dad all hot air & no substance & that is why he should be gone.

May I remind U of his statement before the season began that the 2012 was the BEST NYJ team ever

May I remind you of whom drafted MS?

May I reminded U that he GUARANTEED us a SB so I think you are the one being deceived

:sad:

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The only ones deceiving themselves are the Rex supporters who defend him blindly by blaming everything but him for the Jets failures. Meanwhile, not a single Rex detractor puts all the blame on him.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

U can say that again..:drunk:

14. JetD

JetD Member

Well, here we are, just moments away from the kickoff to the playoffs...any Jet fans believe Rex would rather be lining up for kickoff.......than laying on some beach?....Our offense is at the bottom of the league...REALIZE THAT!.....he thought it might be good enough, bottom line it wasnt....The defense was good enough to make the playoffs, we didnt get there....talent on the offense, and the new offensive scheme with sporano was just awefull......Is that Rex's fault?....yeah somewhat.....As the head coach, your responsible for both sides of the ball.....but without the talent, your screwed, no matter what......play calling sucked all year, and ive always been one that still see's these other teams making it work with no-name personnel....its hard to figure out sometimes......Sanchez just dont have what it takes, and with a mediocre OL, aint nothing good gonna happen......working with what you have isnt always easy and often leads to failure.....we just gotta have better players......period.....then Rex will be succesful......i still think he is the one to get us there.......the man loves his team, and heart does mean something, just gotta get some guts to go along with it!

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

So your guranteeing a Superbowl at home in metlife next year??? Because thats what i took from this

16. LongIslandBlitz

Good so if u dont want him as the coach of your team root for the fucking Giants or some "slapdick" team

17. LongIslandBlitz

How is Rex a clone of his dad, His dad was a horrible head coach and never even made the playoffs. And Buddy Ryan was intstumental in winning our Superbowl in 68 with his blitzing schemes.Rex has a winning record as a coach Buddy Ryan is 12-20 as a head coach. Every great coach has had multiple losing seasons early on just go ask Belichik and Coughlin, Rex has 1 losing season in 4 years and everyones acting like a bunch of bitches about it

#17 LongIslandBlitz, Jan 5, 2013
  18. Realistic Jets Fan

Hopefully Gamble extends Rex during the season. Excellent HCs are rare in the NFL and we need to keep ours

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

We don't have an Excellent HC, average maybe. We do have a great DC.

20. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The fact that you care what some other man does to his body is creepy.