Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i dont like that the guy plays basketball with that scumbag mehta

plus he has a history of having a big mouth. im not saying that its definitely him, but it seems likely. couple that with him not being able to handle all the responsibilities of a dc, and i say fuck him. let someone else get a shot.

2. duncc5

duncc5 Member

Gotta give credit where it's due, just saying. He's a total chooch but was the only one saying Reid was going to the Chiefs while the MSM was reporting that it was basically a done deal with AZ. Also was the first one I saw reporting on Chip Kelly's talks with Cleveland, etc.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's ignorant to see Rex for exactly what he is, a guy who talks a better game then he coaches.
    The clock is ticking on his act, it's put up or shut up time.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm wondering do other teams in this league have their own versions of incarcerated_bob and Jake Steinberg, spewing complete fabrication?

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

..but but no top GM candidate will take this mess with Rex being forced on them. lmao

I'm very happy about this possibility..

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

That's not a bad thing....i say this even tho i'm a big supporter of Rex.
    Even more than being a big supporter of Rex tho, i do want consistency with D.

If Rex doesn't get much done next year, promoting this guy would keep consistency on D, and keep to the roadmap.

Only negative i could see is if they don't get along, or they can't develop trust thinking each is out to undermine the other. that would be bad, but i think they are capable of being professionals and working together.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I can't believe people still buy into incarcerated_bob. He literally just says things that can never be proven wrong. How will we ever know if Gamble has authority to fire Rex? If he doesn't have authority and Rex stays, bob can just say oh, Gamble didn't want him gone. He does this with literally ever single thing he "reports".

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

@AdamSchefter: Browns have requested permission to interview SF's Tom Gamble and Kansas City's Ray Farmer for their GM job.

Fuck off Cleveland.

9. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Looks like we found our guy....

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well stop celebrating,,,.it ain't a done deal yet :shit:

11. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

A good hire for you guys if it happens...

I hope he doesn't go after Matt Moore...

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I hate this theory that great coordinators can become great head coaches. Being a HC isn't about X's and O's its about managing players, putting them in the right situation to succeed and gameplanning.

If we do can Rex get me a well rounded HC who can get the most out of our players and have him bring along a stud offensive mind to run the O and defensive mastermind to run the D

13. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

I'd be very happy if Gamble got the GM role and brought Jim Tomsula with him as a potential DC. Tomsula has a good coaching background and from seeing him up close when he was with Scottish Claymores he knows how to motivate his players and wring every last bit of talent and effort from them. Also a true leader

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

based on his track record this looks like a good hire, if this goes down.

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gameplanning and situational football pertains to X's and O's.

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

of course but there's also a mindset that goes with it. For example, Rex wants to ground and pound and he'd do vs the #1 run defense in the league, which is dumb while other HC's would exploit their pass defense even if they didn't have a top flight passing game. Rex shows favoritism and loyalty over whats best for the team, while Belishit wants to win games and will play whoever he feels is going to help them succeed that week.

How many times has playing Pace, Scott, BT, Eric Smith and Shonn Green hurt us while other plays sat. How many times did running the ball for 3 yards on the first 2 downs set Sanchez up for failure. Coaching is more than X's and O's it involves critical thinking, timely adjustments and attention to detail

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

until they realize their own mortality. its amazing the difference that occurs when a man realizes he may not be here on this earth much longer. i have seen the hardest of men completely change their entire outlook on the world and life.

but that doesnt have anything to do with football, sorry about going ot :)

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly an execution problem. We need more talent on offense, more speed and WRs who can beat press man cover. There's nothing wrong with run oriented/play action offense when your QB is Mark Sanchez. That's how it should be. Unfortunately we failed to replace D Woody, T Richardson and A Faneca adequately.

I think it's a talent problem. Bring in Alex Smith, draft RB, sign a WR opposite Tone if we can. I think we'll make some serious progress.

Also, not sure why u mentioned Pace, Scott, et al they gave Demario Davis, Garret McIntyre and Bilal Powell plenty of reps this year.

19. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yeah, but previously we would rework contracts to apply to the future cap. Well, the future is finally here and we're left with very little flexibility unless we release mega amounts of guys (which will happen). It becomes a matter of being smart with what money we do clear, and it's not likely we can come up with a powerhouse this season. 2013 is a "get out from under the cap" year for the most part. Hopefully the draft produces some players for once and we can be respectable.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is such a breathe of fresh air!

This organization is making a large step in the right direction. Now, let's sign this guy in for sure and make a run at Norv Turner for OC. Norv running the offense, Rex running the defense, and Gamble making the adjustments sounds damn good to me.

I never thought this day would come when we start making strides forward. I'm loving this