Looks like Gamble might be our guy.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jollygreenjet, Jan 5, 2013.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

^This

It is quite odd IMO. Of course maybe he is on his way down to meet with Rex now. He probably wants to jump into this job "feet" first.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

True dat!:up:

3. Jetman6599

Jetman6599 New Member

Would be a great hire if true

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not odd at all. For the 50th time, Gamble and the Ryans have a long history. He knows who Rex is.

5. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Fuck that we need offense and more offense. That should be our #1 focus.

7. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Oh great. that's just what we need.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The oonly thing Rex needs to do is prove he is a leader of men, and not just the top clown in the circus.

Players take their cues from their leaders. If their leader is an unresponsible loud mouth, the players will follow suit.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Problem is, Rex is an irresponsible loud mouth, but I digress.

10. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

But if Pettine or whatever his name is goes we'll need an DC... Our offense won't do a complete 180 this year and be spectacular again. We still need to keep improving our defense, especially agains the run game.

#50 TheJetChase, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  11. BroadwayAaron

Anyone who thinks Rex wont do exactly what Gamble wants him to do in his contract year needs to get their head out of their ass and realize that not everything you think about Rex is 100% true.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You can say they got themselves out of salary cap hell, but the fact is the talent level has gone down each year because of it.

13. Jersey Joe 67

We don't have to think anything about Rex, he makes it abundantly clear what he is.

14. BroadwayAaron

He's worked under one GM his entire head coaching career. You're just screaming ignorance right now.

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't even think it's about having some bravado. I can see where in his first couple of years the team rallied around it.

But is seems he just can't help taking it to a level where it becomes just schtick and nobody, including his players are buying in anymore.

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

well, i doubt this dude has any issues with rex as hc. if pettine is out, thats just fine with me. dude called the plays for one year and didnt even keep those responsibilities the entire season. now we hear that this guy is the leak, enough is enough. if he wasnt already made redundant by rex, he is now harmful as he keeps giving manish internal gossip and rumors. i dont know about tomsula though, i think we have other people in the organization who have done great jobs who would probably get looked at first. its also possible we promised the position to karl dunbar.

if the rumors are true and gamble is our man, i think this might be the best possible hire this offseason. minus the short stint with the jets, the guys resume is great. hes a football guy with experience working with contracts. he seems like a d-first type of guy which works great for the way our team is built right now, and so i think we can expect gamble to focus on fixing the holes on offense while at the same time not ignoring the changes necessary on d. this team might just be relevant in 2013 with the right moves

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

What screams out loud and clear is that Rex is a tremendously insecure individual who feels he needs to tell everyone he's great constantly.

If he were secure with himself, he'd understand that he doesn't have to announce that he is a great defensive coach, because most everyone already knows it.

It's the mask he wears IMO.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

One thing about men once we get past 50: We are what we are and not about to change our ways easily. Unless you are over or near that age, it is you who is clueless. Rex is gonna be Rex and Gamble can either accept that going forward or make the change.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that you NEVER believe any leaked stories by unnamed sources when it comes to Rex or the players, but it's a fact that pattine was the leak source because unnamed sources say so.

Basically it allows you to dismiss anything you don't want to hear. I guess that works.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I disagree. I think we can make a turn around on offense. I'm not saying we can have a Pats type offense but if we can get a QB and stay healthy.