QB options for Jets (Merged Thread)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ben Had, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Realistic Jets Fan

QB

later round development pick

3 behind Matt Moore and McElroy

Sanchez if we can't trade him and dont want the full cap hit this year

Number 4....inactive 16 weeks

2. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Maybe later in the draft, but definitely not at #9. Or at least I hope not.. After watching him play for two years. He has the arm strength but his decision making and accuracy are lacking. I could see him going late 2-early 4.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets also can't afford to go into next season with Sanchez, McElroy and whichever crap FA QB they bring in.

If you told me we were gonna tank next year and end up with the number 1 pick and Bridgewater I can get on board with waiting til next year. Though as bad as we are I don't think it is likely we are getting the first pick. After Bridgewater there will be questions with next years crop of Qbs just like there are this year.

Now I agree at this point 9 not looking like a good spot to get a QB. I would like to see them trade down once or even twice pick up a couple extra picks and get a QB before those early 2nd rd QB needy teams get a 2nd chance. Use the rest of draft to support the QB and build the O.

I'm not a big believer in waiting, too much changes from year to year. A few of these QBs have talent, new GM gotta identify the one and develop him properly. This draft should be about stockpiling picks and find our QB. GM has to pick him though, not Rex.

4. houyx

houyx New Member

No Tyler Wilson, he's not a winner. His team went 4-8 this year. NFL starter caliber QB'S (which Wilson is not) lead their college teams to 9-10 win seasons.

No Barkley, he's a Mark Sanchez clone.

Jets should pick Glennon if he's available at 9. He has great pocket presence, a strong arm and he's a very good leadership. Glennon will be a good NFL QB.

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Glennon went 7-6 in the ACC

Wilson went 4-8 in the SEC after a coaching change, losing weapons, no run game and a shake O-Line

6. gohogs14

gohogs14 New Member

This post just doesn't make much sense. Wilson's team won 11 games last year but then you say pick glennon who won 7...which wouldn't make him an "NFL starter caliber QB" by your criteria. Same for Geno Smith.

7. houyx

houyx New Member

Hmmm, I didn't know NCS did so poorly this year. I know they played in a bowl so i assumed they won 9-10 games. My mistake.

Anyways from the film I've seen Glennon looks like he could be a good starter in the NFL. Great pocket presence. And from the interviews I've seen of him he seems like he has a good head and is a good leader.

8. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I have been saying it from the jump, Ryan Nassib is the one QB in this draft I want.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

why
    who do you compare him to

10. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think our best bet is to trade the pick for more picks ,,,and then trade one of those later picks to another team for a qb that is already on an nfl roster,,,,,not sure how we can do it money wise. I am talking about Flynn, Cousins or someone Like that. The other part is how do u get one of those teams to part with their backup ? I pretty much do not love the draft class and hate all the free agent qb s ,some might say Campbell but if you watched him start this year you might say ,,,pass

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

13. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

They were 7-6, including the bowl game.

14. blackssmagic

Bradway, thats the farthest thing from mark. Nassib is nothing like him, he has a great arm and can make every single throw. He is strong as a horse and is hard to tackle. I would take him in a second

15. blackssmagic

I know I am going to get flamed but in some ways he reminds me of favre. I just wish that nassib was alittle bit taller. He needs to put more touch on his short throws but he has a rocket for an arm.

16. Jetman6599

Jetman6599 New Member

No QB's in round 1

17. Br4d

He's the same size Sanchez was coming out of college. He has the same live arm, can make all the throws tag. He played in a much weaker conference than Sanchez did and put up similar results in his last season in college.

The earlier seasons were nothing to write home about. In fact he would be on the bubble to get drafted at all if his senior season looked like the two before it.

He played in the Big East. For him to project as a big-time QB he'd have to have been a lot better than what he showed, even last year.

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would like Nassib in the 3rd... But at this point, I would suffer through a 3-13 season if it meant getting Bridgewater or Manziel. Especially after just visiting Indianapolis and seeing Colts fans who are beyond excited about their future and can hardly even remember the 2011 season.

Get some offensive talent (both OL and weapons), maybe trade back and pick up an extra 1st next year and try and get your franchise QB. I dont think Rex's or Woody's ego could handle that, but honestly it might be our best bet unless we miraculously draft a QB this year and they turn into something special.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Footwork is fundamentally sound? Accuracy is good? Throws windows open?

Yeah that sounds like Sanchez.

20. Br4d

http://walterfootball.com/pro2009msanchez.php

How quickly we forget.

Just glancing around at the other stuff in his various scout profiles I came up with the staggering fact that he had 35 passes deflected at the line in his full season as USC QB in 366 attempts. That's nearly a 10% incompletion rate based just on deflections.