Rex has tattoo of his naked wife wearing Sanchez jersey

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I wouldn't put any stock in Woody being embarrassed, because he should have been long ago with, all the dumb things his buffoon of a HC has already done. On top of it all Rex isn't a good HC. I have as much respect for Woody as I do for Rex. Rex, Mr T, Sanchez, and Woody deserve each other.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The difference was back then, Rex was actually winning games.

Now...not so much. It also doesn't help that this happens RIGHT as Woody is trying to make the most important out of house hire this organization had in a while. Especially when it is rumored that he made a stipulation that Rex had to be retained for an extra year. Gamble or a similar guy pulls out the Daily News, you can bet Woody will be cutting Rex a 6 million dollar check.

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

So it's not ok because no other coach has ever done it? Who cares? He was wrong on Sanchez, it happens. The tattoo is not a reason to question his ability as a head coach of a football team.

tdorland nailed it, this is only a story because the Jets are struggling. If Tony Dungy had a tattoo of his wife in a Peyton Manning jersey people would think it was funny, end of story. This is a story because it's Rex and unless you truly think Rex wouldn't bench Sanchez cause of the tattoo he has then this is nothing more then a humorous stupid story in my opinion.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You mean the playoffs the Jet aren't a part of and don't need to have pressure relieved from?

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

My theory has nothing to do with rex's decision (and its not a theory) . It has nothing to do with how rex feels or acts.

it has to do with the perception he gives his employees as a leader and how he undermines himself and the organization as a leader.

How would you feel if you want a supervisory position at work and your boss has a tattoo visage of the employee you are competing against tattoed on his arm ? and everyone else also sees it...its not only a good analogy its magnified 100000 times since the NFL is so high profile. Its managerial 101...

ITS STUPID on rex's part

#405 CowboysFan, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

When Rex finally speaks to the media again, no doubt this tattoo will be brought up in question.

7. The_Darksider

Well I am firmly in the "who cares" camp, leave the guy alone - but, playing devil's advocate to your theory..........doesn't that point to poor judgment and a lack of awareness? I mean, he HAD to know that eventually someone would see it and it would blow up in his face.

Alone, this is nothing. In the overall scheme, though, it's just more evidence showing him to lack common sense.

8. Penning10

Penning10 Member

Look I agree for the most part with all those posters who are saying "who cares?", "its his business what tattoos he puts on his body.", etc....

The thing is, we all have to admit its bizarre...If he's the best man for the job then hey do whatever you want, but he's clearly a wierdo.

9. Penning10

Penning10 Member

You know nothing Jon Snow.

Actually you make a fair point, I just wanted to say that.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The media is so messed up with how they cover the Jets at this point that I think almost anything is fair game. There's virtually nothing that the media could do at this point to make things worse. They're already baying at the Jets heels like a pack of wolves that senses an easy kill.

If I was Woody I'd put the word out that the Jets are going to have an honor system moving forward. They'll honor the reporters and media people who honor them and they'll basically ignore the other guys.

It'd be like creating their own private small city media, respectful of the team in return for getting some access to the team and also earning the appreciation of the fans.

If you're a real Jet fan you hate the media right about now. You might hate some of the things about the Jets as well but nobody likes to see people spilling endless dirt on their favorite team to make a buck. That's just not going to do anything but bring everybody down including the people who specialize in it.

11. JPLink80

JPLink80 New Member

Haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if already suggested, but I'd like to propose that the tattoo features his wife in a Testaverde 16 jersey. The 1 is on the half of the sleeve that cannot be seen.

12. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Do we really have to explain to you why a coach shouldn't have a tattoo of his half naked wife wearing his QB jersey? Put that in context to him not making a QB change when it was obvious he should have, signing him to an extension despite troubling signs he was regressing, not bringing in a legitimate QB to compete with Sanchez.

It's not a good idea for coaches to try to be their player's friend and this goes way beyond that.

#412 Jon_Snow, Jan 4, 2013
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Spoken like a true G. I wish Woody understood that being this involved with the media has negative implications. He really put this on himself.

Who the fuck cares? Nobody asked you or anyone to judge what Rex Ryan does outside this organization, he's not out driving drunk or killing people so leave the man be. Judge the man by what he's doing on the field with the NYJs. That's his job. Rex had nothing to do with the extension because he doesn't handle contracts, now we don't know how much input Rex has in these decisions, but bringing in a new GM will help stabilize everything here.

#413 101GangGreen101, Jan 4, 2013
  14. The_Darksider

That's all very true, but we're not looking back at this at some point in the future talking about these guys after their careers are done. We're talking about right now. I sat through that debacle of a Cardinal game, and right now, who the hell cares about draft position and money - Lindley is the worst QB I've ever seen and that includes Mark Sanchez circa 2012.

The last point was fucking hilarious though. Good job.

15. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I think you, and all others who are pretending this is some big deal, care a little too much about another man's tattoo. He was by himself reading a book on vacation, minding his own business. The NY news machine has gotten to a point where they need to be taken down. I read an article on ESPN about this, assuming that it was going to be painful, and it was the single worst piece of garbage that I have ever read, that was considered news - that someone was paid to write.

I could understand if his tattoo was derogatory. It is the furthest thing from that.

But I do applaud you - spending your time worrying about meaningless things, such as another man's body. That is a great use of your time.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats going to look awfully silly when he is the dc for the raiders in a couple years.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

So I just heard about this now, and have not taken the time to read the many pages of this thread, but seriously...how is this news? The man has a tattoo of his wife wearing his team's uniform, I see nothing wrong here. The man's tattoos are his own business, and they are of things he loves (his wife, his children, and the Jets).

Again, I see no issue here, at all. If anything, it is sad that the media is really out to make such a mockery of the jets that they consider this news.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm kind of surprised by this whole thing but then again should I really be? How do we know it's a Sanchez jersey? Let's not jump to conclusions about this.

Being Rex has a thing for feet maybe it was a Joe Prokop or Doug Brien jersey she was rocking?

For the record it's pretty disturbing that the media would do something like this and try and turn it into a story. Of course 21 pages in this thread are the exact reason why they did it.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

It has to do with the perception he gives his employees as a leader and how he undermines himself and the organization as a leader.

How would you feel if you want a supervisory position at work and your boss has a tattoo visage of the employee you are competing against tattoed on his arm ?

Terrible judgement on rex's part.

20. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

I care about it because this team is a joke. When you have an attention hungry owner and coach these are the results. Locker room tension, poor on field results, and negative views in the media. It's embarrassing when as a fan you constantly see this about your team. The foot thing was ridiculous as it was and now this.

It's not the fact that it's a tattoo. It's the fact that Rex already had a weird loyalty to Sanchez that no one could understand and now we find out the guy has a tattoo of him. It's weird and it's just one more thing to shake your head at. 4 years of this shit and personally I'm tired of it.

Every week I have to answer to friends and co-workers about this team. It gets old. Aren't you tired of your team being looked at as a joke? You should be and if you're not maybe you spend your time worrying about meaningless things like a guy's tattoo.