QB options for Jets (Merged Thread)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ben Had, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't want to see this team make a pick out of desperation.
    Yes we need a QB but we also need a lot of other upgrades, so unless you're telling me the second coming of RG3 Luck or Wilson is available to us, I say take a deep breath and don't make another mistake.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

IMO this is how the top 10 will shake out:

KC - Geno Smith
    JAX - Bjoern Werner
    OAK - Manti Teo
    PHI - Luke Joeckel
    DET - Dee Milliner
    CLE - Dion Jordan
    ARI - Star Lotulelei
    BUF - Johnthan Banks
    NYJ - Jarvis Jones
    TEN - Damontre Moore

Bottom line is if we cant get Geno we need a outside pass rusher. I think we will have a legit shot at Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson in the 2nd rd.

I would like to see us pool our 3rd round pick + 6th to move up and grab Robert woods in the mid 2nd round.

#22 Rockinz, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  3. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

None of those guys are worth a top 10 pick. Definitely not Barkley. I would have said Smith at the beginning of the college football season, but I think he still needs to mature. Don't know anything about Wilson.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Right now, I am on the Glennon bandwagon, and think he could go top 15 by April. Yesterday, not so good, but his footwork, and pocket presence are very improved. (coachable)

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I dont see denver drafting one as they took one in the second last year same with philly. I dont see jax taking one either. Buffalo, kc, Arizona, and us really need a qb...

6. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

And for the record I want to see nassib on the jets

7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No QB till that kid Johnny Maziel of Texas A&M comes out. Dude can run and throw equally well and he will only get better.

8. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Take EJ Manuel in the 3rd

9. BleednGreen247

give me landry jones in the 2nd/3rd round

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Would anyone take Boyd at #9 if he declared?

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's a hard sell man, I have been talking him up myself, however I don't think he is a top ten pick this year. This is his first year where he looks polished, if he stays for one more year and continues his development and stays healthy he will be a top ten pick in 2014.

If he declares this year I would not pick him at nine because you need an impact player with 9th pick not a project...JMO

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Manziel stays on course he'll be #1 in 2015 draft. Would have to enter the draft as a redshirt sophomore to go in 2014 and that's not a typical QB move.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I am of the mind that the new GM has to get his QB this draft. Ideally it would be nice to trade down and collect a few more picks in the process but whatever it takes.

I see us in the same position the Dolphins were last year. They needed a QB and took Tannehill that was considered a reach but clearly talented but had some flaws. There are about 4 qbs in this draft I would put on Tannehill level(Glendon, smith, Wilson, Jones) 1 will def be gone by the time we pick, maybe 2. While these guys are clearly not Luck like talents they each have talent and it will depend on how they are developed and coached whether or not they reach that talent.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Nassib in a Jets uniform next year.

15. duncc5

duncc5 Member

The only problem is that I don't think his value will ever be higher. That, combined with the fact that this is a very weak QB class, leads me to believe that he might declare. I'm not saying we should take him at #9, but IMO he would be a better pick than almost any QB out there. Scouts are comparing him to Russell Wilson and you can definitely see the similarities.

Hypothetical Question: If you could go back to last year's draft, would you draft Wilson in the 1st? I think a lot of teams would say yes, and will see Boyd as this year's version of Russ.

16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'll put it this way, if the jets were to take him with the #9 pick I would not be upset. I agree with you, I think he will surprise people and be selected higher if he declares.

If he stays in school I do think he can increase his value and I say that because I get to watch a lot of Clemson games, for some unknown reason in CT their games are always televised. So I have seen him play the past couple of years and he is getting better every year.

17. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Definently not i say we take Nassib in the 3rd/4th and get a franchise QB next year in Bridgewater

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets cannot afford to bust on another high 1st round QB at this point in time. They just busted on the last one.

I don't think the Jets can make a Tannehill-like call on the 9 pick. They have a roster that cannot afford to take the hit in what will still be a deep and talented pool of players at that point.

Trade down is a maybe. Wait for better QB's next year is probably the better option.

19. Manhattan

Manhattan New Member

Take Landry Jones in the 2nd or 3rd round,

Can't waste that 9th pick, we gotta make it count. I hope we take a pass rusher

20. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

I said it before, I'll say it again ... I think Ryan Nassib will end up the best QB in this class when its all said and done. After his film is broken down, he will be this year's Flacco/Tannehill/Weeden ... He will fly out of nowhere into the mid-late 1st round or early 2nd. The Jets could target him, and possibly trade down a couple times to acquire more picks, perhaps pick up an xtra 2nd and 4th.