Norv Turner Signed as Browns OC

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 101GangGreen101, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am all for giving up Revis for dumping Shitchez and getting a legit QB. Not saying Rivers is the answer but still. I want an able average QB so badly

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

just saw an interesting article about potential OC for the jets and this one surprised me

doug marrone

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It's a passing league with Revis and Cromartie and Landry if all healthy will shit on opposing QB's. In a passing league with QB's only getting better and better There's no fucking way im trading Revis, And to even ponder the fucking thought of trading him for Phillip Rivers!!!!?? If you put this trade on a seesaw it would only bounce one fucking way

4. RevisIsland10

RevisIsland10 Member

Maybe its just me but I think Rivers isn't very good....

He couldn't win or get to a superbowl with LT, Gates, and Jackson all in their prime....that should say it all.

#124 RevisIsland10, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  5. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

finally I agreeeeeee

6. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

!00% agreed

7. Combustible Rextible

Didn't see the article but he hasn't done all that well with Syracuse. The Saints won a Super Bowl after he left and he was the Jets OL coach from 2005 - 2008 so it seems like teams really take off after he leaves. Can we sign him to a one year deal?

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'm going insane repeating myself here. Rivers is elite? Gasp! Trade Revis for Rivers? barf! You guys are.... grrr! do you even watch football? Rivers has one thing going for him, a quick release. but he throws more dump offs to his RBs than any other qb. Hes just a dink and dunker at this point. His only play is airing it out deep and hoping the big guy can go up and grab it. His footwork is fucking horrible. He'll be on Carson Palmer levels next year. Elite my ass, he's a C grade qb now... please don't make me have to post this again.

9. JerseyJets

JerseyJets New Member

I have an even better suggestion...

If teams dont snatch up Andy Reid, I could see him as the Jets OC in 2013. Question is, do we keep the QB dual of Sanchez v McElroy. My gut feeling is to keep that for atleast next season to see how Sanchez does under pressure from a QB who might be better than him.

Getting your main targets back, and the defense being loaded up through Free Agency ( cough cough James Harrison ) and the draft ( cough cough NT Hankins) could have us looking toward a playoff run. The west coast system Reid brings in would be amazing with someone like Powell out of the backfield ( or McKnight) and can give Sanchez easy reads and check downs ( i.e Witten in Dallas) .

I know for a fact Chris Johnson is not the answer at HB.. God himself could not run with our Oline blocking, it really is pathetic. Beef up the line with vets like Faneca few years back, or draft oline early. We could be looking at a big turn around year and possible upset playoff games.

10. PuMa

PuMa Banned

I could see Powell starting in the next few years to come if he keeps progressing kid is a stud. I wouldn't mind a FA RB though think we need a TE if we let Keller walk unless one catches our eyes in the draft. Andy or Norv at OC which ever would make me very happy.. thing is I see Reid finding himself as a HC with the chargers. its almost inevitable. Norv is a different story but also very unlikely unless we waste no time getting rid of Toney and getting him either the same day or the day or 2 after. teams will be after him

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Powell can't be the starting RB, he can't catch out of the back-field. If Norv is coming here we need an all-down back

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I would love this, especially considering he's made JAG QBs look good (good enough to parlay them into good trades), but life has been very trying to Reid the past few years and I can see him taking some time off.

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Former center on the WLAF champion London Monarchs - I interviewed him several times. He seemed like a bright guy.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wasn't Reid a defense guy? I'm sure he has a good idea after all these years, but I have a feeling somebody will snatch him up quickly.

15. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

No way Norv would want to come into the QB situation with the Jets. I think he winds op OC with the Cowboys.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I don't think that for a second, He is smart enough to stay far away from Jerry Jones and dumb enough to sign with the Jets. Reportldey he see's the Jets as a good chance to rebuild his coaching carrer because if he can come in and fix this mess on offense then it would look real good for him around the league

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Rex wants ground and pound and Andy Reed doesn't even give a decent amount of carries to the top 5 RB he's had for the last 3 years....

Not a great combo IMO.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Reid has been an offensive coach his entire career. He was never an OC before he got to Philly, though he was the defacto OC in Philly.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex needs to be way more open minded as to what needs to happen on the offensive side of the ball IMO. His job may depend on it.

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The problem with Redd is that his offense is SO dependent on the QB making plays. If the Jets are gonna try to salvage Sanchez, Andy is not the guy IMO.