Predict what Woody will do in these coming weeks?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Dec 28, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I hate to say it but Rex has to go. Not because of his coaching but you cant rebuild by only removing the gm, the headcoach must go to. If Sanchez is cut then might as well completely gut it. Id keep Rex but its just going to set us back farther imo,

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Keeping Rex and bringing in a new personnel guy and better coordinators can work
    Its similar to what Jets did after the 1980 season. Joe Walton and Joe Gardi worked wonders as the new OC and DC in 1981.

The most challenging move of thew off season will be figuring out a way to get rid of Sanchez

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Let's see:

Sparano - fired
    Westhoff - "retiring"
    Pettine - rumored to be leaking info to the media and turned down his contract extension, he's gone
    Tanny - "likely fired"

And you think Rex is going to stay? I don't see how you "clean house" but keep the HC. I like Rex but I think he's as good as gone after the way last season ended and the disaster of this season.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We still gotta keep in mind, no Revis and Holmes all year. Not an excuse but losing your best player usually means its over.

5. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Just the thought of watching another season with Rex as coach makes me sick. I need a vacation from this whole mess of team.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We aren't rebuilding , A GM doesn't lead the fuckin team you guys are giving the GM way to much power and credit. A first time GM doesn't have much of a say about Rex if he wants his first NFL job. Rex isn't going anywhere so enough of the speculating, We would know by now if there was any real chance of Rex getting fired

#106 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  7. LongIslandBlitz

If we fire Rex Im done being a Jet fan , I just can't deal with this team's bullshit anymore if they do this. There gonna fire the guy that got us 60 minutes from the Superbowl twice for the first time in Jets history, Those two seasons alone buy Rex one more year in my eyes he also has a winning record and did all this despite Mark Sanchez as his QB. The personal decisons were made by Mr.T and he needs to fall on the sword for this shit. I still belive Rex can lead us in the right direction. It's so funny after those two AFC championship games no one wanted Rex fired you all loved him then, What a bunch of scumbags some Jet fan's are I mean really. Those were the Two best years I can remember as a Jet fan and you just want to off him because of Mark Sanchez, Mr.T and not to mention the loss of Revis and Holmes and the Tebow distraction that would have ruined any team

#107 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Don't be dramatic. You also have a coach who has gone from 11-5, to 8-8 (after being 8-5) to 6-10. That's serious regression. Blame who you want, but the coach himself admitted to "losing the pulse of the team" last year. Has any other coach ever done that? He's repeatedly shown no grasp or understanding of anything resembling an offense. He's a loud mouthed, players coach. Players coaches are always short lived. Loud mouthed (underachieving) ones have even shorter shelf lives. He's had numerous players publicly speak out against the locker room (L.T. and McElroy) as well as other players anonymously do the same. This year, he had the abortion that was the QB situation. Don't be BARCS and say he is one of the best Jets coaches ever. That's like saying the shit I just took was kind of solid and not total diarrhea.

He's easily replaceable. Let's allow a reputable, respectable GM decide whether Rex is worth keeping.

Sadly, Woody probably won't hire anyone respectable of reputable.

9. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

quoted for truth. Same old Jets, same old Rex. I'm beyond tired of his act.

10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Who will you replace him with? And don't do the whole 'whatever the new GM wants'. Who out there is making you think 'WOW, I wish we had THAT guy as our head coach!!!!'

The only guy out there was Sean Payton, and he just got an extended contract with the Saints.

11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

You'd give up being a fan if they fire a coach? lol Wow, talk about overreaction. Not only that, the guy is a circus clown. Who cares what he did two years ago? He's steadily regressed since then, as has the team. I'm tired of hearing how every personnel move is Tannenbaum's fault, and Rex doesn't have to do anything except coach the players he's given. That's bullshit.

12. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

Bill Cowher but he has too much integrity to coach for an organization like the Jets.

13. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

He is a circus clown to you.

If he gets fired - THAT would be the overreaction. This is his first losing season with poor QB play, and substantial losses on both offense and defense.

Who is overreacting? The people who want to keep him or the people who want him gone?

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

SO one person is gonna stop being a fan if we fire rex, another if we keep rex. Cool

15. The_Darksider

Well, considering that none of us are qualified to make that decision, we have to wait to see what the new GM wants to do and have some faith that he'll do the proper research.

It's not like there's no one out there who will ever develop into a good head coach ever again. You're right that there don't appear to be a lot of serious experienced candidates, but that doesn't mean there are no candidates. Those of us that feel Rex should go, of which I am one, feel that it's addition by subtraction at this point.

16. The_Darksider

Again, I've gone on the record many times in this forum stating that the fact that the Jets had a losing season has nothing to do with my assertion that Rex should be gone. I thought he should be canned last year, though I knew that would never happen. He lost the team, the team is a mess and has no discipline either on or off the field, and he is in WAY over his head as a head coach. Every single week there's a whole new distraction of a news story out there. The press didn't single out the Jets, they brought it upon themselves and Rex is right in the center of it. He has no filter and can't keep his trap shut - and the entire organization has followed suit.

THAT is why he should go.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Payton? Really? He was the ONLY guy? Don't embarrass yourself. The only guy based on what? Because you know his name? Who would you suggest? Or would you suggest nobody because you aren't qualified?

Do you know more than some assistant GM from a reputable organization who's job is nothing other than scouting and talent evaluation? I sure don't. Don't throw Payton's name out there only because you have heard of him.

Let Woody talk to some guys in the know. I doubt he will do the right thing, but because I, or other people here can't name the next big GM, who in turn could hire the next big coach, don't act like you can.

Tanny has proven he is not the right guy for the GM position. In fact, he has proven it for a significant number of years now. Time to move on. I'd bet the right GM could put the right HC in place. I'd also bet the Jets won't find either.

18. LongIslandBlitz

I just don't get how you can blame Rex for Mark Sanchez

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

"Mark gives us the best chance to win ":rofl:

20. BTC

BTC New Member

Getting rid of Sanchez is easy. He absolutely must go. So you either:

A) Cut his ass and eat the $$

B) Trade him and offer to eat 50% of his guarantee to entice a team to take his dumb ass.

Do what you have to do to get him gone. I'd rather deal with drafting a 3rd or 4th rd guy, bring in Matt Moore, and then maybe another vet and even Mcelroy and let them all duke it out for the job.
    Getting rid of sanchez at any cost is a must in my opinion.