Are you secretly hoping Sanchez bombs today?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. pajetsfan

pajetsfan New Member

i think he will have a good game

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I don't think this game will mean much since I think they'll keep $anchez and his cap hit $alary for at least another year. As to whether him lighting it up today will open any eyes, nix on that as well. The last time against Buffalo he looked good but eventually fizzled out along with the rest of the offense down the stretch, during the soft part of the schedule.

Today: a different group of receivers (no Holmes/Hill), and besides, the road back to playoff respectability let alone the SB doesn't go through Buffalo, i.e. a pair of also rans playing in Buffalo in week #17 is not a litmus test for anything other than maybe getting some extended, pre-2013 gamelooks at people such as Vlad, etc. my2cts

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Norv is coming.

Next year....we light it up.

4. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

One game isnt going to effect next year. IMO he already made his bed

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The best football today is Pats-Miami and Giants-Redskins. That'll be some game.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I wish I could agree with you but this problem is much bigger than just bringing Norv in here. Just another Band-Aid.

7. JetsNation06

You mean Cowboys-Redskins and yes I agree it will be an awesome game. Just talked to my buddy in DC and the town is electric right now. Been a long long time coming for Skins fans. I hope they crush Dallas.

8. Hobbes3259

The problem has always been at OC.

Though, the undercurrent lately is that the hiring of Todd Haley was mismanaged..l

There was a reason Sparano and Haley packaged themselves early and we wound up with the wrong one.

Sanchez, Hill,Holmes,Edwards,Kerley,Cumberland,Greene,Powell,Hilliard...is more than enough for Norv to Produce with.

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just wish Sanchez had been our RG3 or Luck - someone you could have some faith in and build around :(

10. JetsNation06

Damn that would have been amazing if he was! I feel your pain, it really is demoralizing to watch him play QB. I guess we're stuck with him next year but it better be as a backup or it's just SOJ regime. Whomever the new GM is will be going hard for a free agent QB and a mid round draft QB as well to compete for next year.

11. Hobbes3259

He is.

Early success, led to the front office sticking with a bad, but entrenched OC.

For three years.

12. RevChez

RevChez Banned

Wow. Some people truly don't have football sense. Sanchez is definitely coming back next year if he sucks, like it or not. There is a very small chance he'll get traded and most of that depends on this game. If he fails like most of the season, he will be backing up in NY next year. If he has a 300 yard 3TD performance, another QB hungry team just might bite the dust.

Rex has to be out of his mind to bring Sanchez back next year as a starter. His job will be on the line n he should be wise enough not to risk it again with the same mistake. I'm hoping Sanchez has his best game of his career so we can get something in his return.

13. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Sanchez NEVER was successful!

He was inconsistent all 4 seasons. We won't win it all with him. He is regressing not improving. With Sanchez prepare to be a borderline playoff team year after year with a great defense and a losing team with a decent defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I hope he plays well and the Jets win. Last game of the season, I want to see them win and send off Westhoff with a win.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I hope nobody gets seriously injured in a meaningless game.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Irrelevant. He is not the answer. In fact, he's fuckin mediocre.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Disagreed. People blame play-calling way too much. We had major execution problems due to lack of talent and continuity. The Wildcat thing was retarded but the calling was balanced otherwise.

18. NFL

NFL Active Member

I agree I'd rather see McElroy too, and I would like them to bring in Vicky or Moore not Smith. But Sanchez is the quarterback this game, I'm spending 3 hours watching it, and I'm not going to hope that my team loses.

19. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Saying for years is saying you never even gave him a chance. You seen to be more concerned with being "right" than with the success of Sanchez. He played bad most of this season and the last couple games of last season.

I don't doubt that Sanchez could be successful with another team, but I highly doubt he will ever be successful with the Jets again.

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member