Are you secretly hoping Sanchez bombs today?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Dec 30, 2012.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I don't think he is the answer, short or long and the only hope we have of a change is him completely bombing, like 4 ints, 6 sacks type of game.

If he comes out today and throughs for 300 yards and a couple scores they will feel he is bouncing back after the last benching and they we go into next season as him as the QB answer, which he is NOT.

I am feeling more and more like Woody is going to keep the everyope intact and make our OC the scape goat for all the woes. Another year of Tranny and Hex.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes, i hope he sucks so bad that he is sent home and told not to ever come back.

this team will be much better off if we keep him on the roster next year but tell him not to even bother coming back to the east coast. just stay out there in california and take it easy.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I hope he has a monster day.

The Jets can't afford to pay Sanchez, cut him, and bring in 3 Qbs to battle next season - McElroy is not an option.

Sanchez has a good game it gives the org some faith he can bounce back emotionally, get his head in the game, and get ready to battle for the opportunity to start next season. With the right OC and right offensive system there is no reason why he can't succeed and build on what he did in 2009-2011

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

i'm not rooting for him to fail. even if he has a good game, it doesn't change anything in my eyes, the jets must find themselves a qb sooner or later.

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I don't think it will matter if he plays well. The Jets have to know they need a new quarterback. One good performance by Sanchez, in a meaningless game against the Bills, shouldn't count for much.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

That's smart, hoping that your QB for next year bombs... if the Jets can't trade him, and there's an open competition for the job, he'll beat anyone they bring out, guaranteed.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

as i said in another thread, i hope he gets booed off the field in buffalo.

8. Marty G

Marty G Member

I hope he has a great day, sorry but he is the quarterback of my team and I just want to have something to cheer about - its gonna be 8 months til I see the Jets play again!

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Noone should base Sanchez's future on this meaningless game, good or bad. They should base it off the last two miserable seasons that he's had. No matter what he does today he should never start another meaningful game for this franchise if we're serious about ever getting this thing right.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fuck no.

We need an OC.

Sanchez is remarkably immature for an NFL QB, one starting year removed from HS.

Tranny and Rex are fine. Sancez is a player. Period. He's come up big in big spots, this year was an exceptional aberration, between losing all your wideouts, and starting the Austin Howard experiment.

11. JetsNation06

That's basically status quo for next year :sad:

12. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Whether or not he bombs doesn't change what happens next year, we are still stuck with him.

I'm just not looking forward to all the people who love Sanchez being all like "SEE HE CAN DO IT" from now until August.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

They bring in Norv Turner - a guy proven to work well with young QBs and design an offense that makes use of the weapons you have. he is great and not making players fit his system but making a system fit the players. Sanchez has shown enough positives in big games to believe with the right environment he can do very well. Draft a QB and bring in a veteran that has starting ability to battle it out in camp. Cutting Sanchez just takes even more money way from filling other holes on the team because you have to waste it on a QB to take his spot also.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'd rather see McElroy start than Sanchez to be honest. Sanchez had his chance he blew it, time to move on. So either the Jets start McElroy (my preference) and let Sanchez rot on the bench in '13, or bring in Vick/Smith/Moore etc and have them compete with McElroy. Sanchez shouldn't even matter in any of this.

15. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

Him doing well is his best chance of leaving. If he plays well we could get a pick or some salary relief and trade him somewhere. If we aren't getting something back, I doubt he leaves. We won't just cut him for nothing.

16. JetsFan

A win today means nothing, except a worse draft pick and helps Tranny and Hex fight for thier jobs.

17. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

A week 17 game against the Bills D is going to be miniscule to 4 years of shit tape from Sanchez.

18. JetsFan

If it was a home game, but in Bufalo they should cheer. He gives them the best winning chance. No one, Bills or Jets, should want to win this game.

19. JetsNation06

Lol had to laugh at that one but you are dead on right. One game doesn't any talent evaluator base a big decision like future QB off of. However years of shit are exactly what talent evaluators do use and like you said, he's got lots of that tape.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

In true Jets fashion he'll probably put up huge numbers today and look like the second coming of Dan Marino in his prime.

But yeah... meaningless. If you're a coach, your mind has already been made up.