Potential QBs In The Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 19, 2012.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Was just about to post this... Everyone should check it out!

Probably not, I could see him going around the 2nd or 3rd round... I would love him in that range.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Watching this game I hope we don't draft either of these guys. Especially not in the first round.

I want a qb who is a man amongst boys on the college level. Neither of these guys fit that description.

I'd rather have tavon Austin then geno. Not at 1 though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Keep in mind while watching this that the weather is a HUGE factor in this game for the QBs... Andrew Luck would be struggling too.

Sadly, we can not really use this game to judge these QBs fairly.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

But don't we need a QB to play in these conditions

New England
    Pittsburgh
    Buffalo
    Cincinnati

All tough games in the winter months and maybe key games at that we need a guy who can do that and go into Foxborough in January and beat Tom Brady

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

To be honest, when was the last time you seen the Jets play in weather like this? It sure as hell isnt often either. And its not a question of their arm strength with them, because both have very good arm strength; its more of receivers slipping/dropping passes and not having great grip on the ball.

Both can without a doubt throw against the wind.

6. NewYorkEveryThing

My favorites and stay away guy's

stay away guy's

1. matt barkely (usc,usc and usc)
    2. aaron murry ( not a fit in cold ass new york)
    3. AJ mccaron ( might stay anyway)
    4. tyler bray (really skinny)
    5. tyler wilson (nothing special)

Guy's I love

1. Geno smith (If he falls,Then jump on the kid)
    2. Mike glennon (love the size and arm but a little slow and needs to sit)
    3. EJ Manual (94 prospect rating. Big strong arm.
    4. Collen klien ( Like tannehill was a WR. Tall and has a good arm. Can extend plays. Keep him on the bench a year or 2 would suit him)
    5. Landry Jones ( Another big strong armed beast who had no weapons to work with. Plays pro style. Day one starter)

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

^

Geno Smith sucks, have you seen that last half of this season and the game on as we speak??

Honestly, it's a terrible year to draft a QB, the Jets need get a FA QB.

8. NewYorkEveryThing

There defense is getting run all over. I still like the guy. He has a quick release and a big frame and arm. We need a guy who can see over our linemen. I like landry jones and E.J. Manual. So that just goes to show how i think.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

If you could pick someone like Mike Glennon or Ryan Nassib in the 2nd/3rd its not a bad idea.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Geno Smith is a system QB.

The QBs in this draft class really suck.

WVU's defense has nothing to do with Geno playing QB.

I'm telling you Geno Smith isn't going to be drafted very high in Rd 1, his stock is falling.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think Glennon might be the first QB drafted.

There is no question we need to draft or even better bring a Vet FA for 2013.

The Jet's GM/Coach are up in the air, so I have no clue what direction we will go in Round 1.

12. NewYorkEveryThing

without a doubt its gonna be boom or bust. Take Klien for instance. He has the talent to be a poor mans brady with speed(well maybe not brady). They say that collen klien is the same risk factor as ryan tannehill was. They were both WR's and have nice size and arm strength. Tannehill was a top 10 pick. So one of these guy's are gonna hit.

13. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

I'm glad someone else realizes the system he plays in. Dana Holgorson also coached Graham Harrell and Case Keenum, two of the greatest college QB's of all time that have not and will not produce on an NFL level. Personally, I would avoid Geno Smith.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

I dont know what you think about Glennon, but he's been my favorite QB prospect in this class for some time. If the GM thinks he can be our franchise QB I would be okay with him in the 1st... I can definitely see his stock rising. He's got the best arm in the class, is a prototypical passer and good accuracy. To some extent, reminds me of a poor mans Tom Brady in terms of style of passer.

Also think Nassib is a solid option in the 2nd or 3rd.

Also, in FA I wouldnt mind Matt Moore as a stop gap if we increase the talent elsewhere on the offense and look to draft a QB in 2014.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I like Glennon, don't love him. The concern I have with Glennon is occasionally he makes a poor decision and has had a few too many INTs at times.

Nassib seems to manage the game very well and has a solid completion pct. If Nassib is available to the Jets in Rd 3, I would have no issue. Some may think he's undersized, but the success of Wilson at Seattle should silence his critics.

16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I know the weather sucks but does pinstripe hurt Geno?

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah Glennon can make some bone-headed decisions sometimes... If he can clean that up I think he can become a legit NFL passer.

Nassib has got pretty good size... In the mold of Aaron Rodgers with a little more muscle. If Nassib could learn to put some more touch on his passes at times I think he could be a good option.

Most importantly when talking about the QB, we need a GM dedicated to developing an offense and team around a QB and a very good OC and QB coach. Those are the two things that screwed us over with Sanchez's development.

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Doesnt hurt nor help.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think Nassib is smaller than you think. I believe he's listed at 6'2', but is closer to 6 - 6'1".

My gut feeling Sanchez will still be on our roster and we will address Tebow's departure with a FA.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

But what FA is the bigger question. My guess, Woody keeps us in the headlines with a Vick signing.

If he was smart he'd go after Alex Smith and plan to draft a QB to groom in 2014.