Predict what Woody will do in these coming weeks?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Dec 28, 2012.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

In past years they almost certainly would have done just this. But in past years they didn't have a bare cubbard like they do now. They truly cannot afford to give away any further draft picks. That may not stop them from trying, but no one is taking Sanchez and a 1st rounder for anyone that's actually worth a first rounder. If they give up a 1st rounder for Cousins or Flynn, then it's time for the league to step in.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Guts entire coaching staff,minus Rex and hires lame duck GM.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Yep. We're only delaying the inevitable by giving this current regime another season. Time to blow this thing up. This offense needs to be rebuilt with a new GM, HC, OC and QB. Rex is loyal and all that but he's not a HC, he's a DC.

4. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

So how did he make 2 afc championship games? There has to be a lot of HC qualities in Rex...

5. The_Darksider

Let me tell you a little story about a guy named George Seifert. He took over Bill Walsh's team in San Francisco and went on to win a Super Bowl. Eventually, the bottom fell out when the team eventually turned over and became Seifert's team and players. He was out, went to Carolina, sucked some more, and hasn't been heard from since.

On a lesser scale, that seems to be Rex. He took over a team with talent, which didn't win, and took it places, but didn't win, and now once his players are mostly in place, the team is inept.

Obviously this isn't a direct comparison because the 49ers and Jets can't ever be compared as franchises in ANY way, but the moral of the story is the same.

6. JetsNation06

He stepped into a good situation talent wise. Mangini and Tanny gave Rex some nice pieces to work with. Also the 2 AFCC games can only carry you for so long. He has lost complete control of the locker room and totally neglected the offensive side of the ball. I will agree with you that maybe he gets another chance as a HC somewhere else but he's burned out here.

7. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

So why did the Jets get rid of Mangini?

8. The_Darksider

Mangini had a great eye for talent, but he couldn't gameplan for shit.

9. JetsNation06

You need to ask Woody that one.

10. The_Darksider

Good point. I wasn't in the board back then and I'm too lazy to look, but wsa there any outcry for continuity and patience in 2008 when Mangini was on the hotseat? Hindsight is 20/20, but that may have been a time when patience may have been prudent considering his ability to evaluate talent. Then again, he didn't exactly set the world on fire in Cleveland. But even so, that may have been too soon for him - he was in Cleveland barely a week after the Jets canned him.

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I was pissed when the Jets let him go. I felt that between Favre and Schotty, Mangini never had a shot. I wasn't a member of TGG at the time, though.

But that is all nullified because I am quite pleased with Rex.

If anyone needs to be relieved it is Tanny, imho. Don't like to call for people's heads - but if I am pointing a finger it is at Tanny.

12. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Maybe, but it is his choice. Keeping Rex before hiring him is a mistake.

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

One losing season and we fire the coach????? The fucking media really ruined the Jets in the worst way. If we were the Cleveland Jets none of this media bullshit would be coming out of the wood works every week. One losing season and we should blow up the whole team lol you guys are to fucking much.I rather see Mr.T get another year because he is obviously backed into a corner and I would like to see what he does to try and get out of that corner. A new GM isn't attached to our problems and doesn't understand our pain. A new GM will see things in a diffrent way and it might not be a good one. I really would like to see the moves Mr.T would try to make to get back in the good graces I really would, because he has no choice anymore It's do or die for him if he stays. I say keep Mr.T and see what happens

#73 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

As much as I want to blow this shit up I must admit you've got a point.
    Woody should call a meeting with Rex and Tanny and say, " I'm giving you the 2013 season to start righting this ship. You guys made this mess, now lets see you clean it up"!
    Like I've said in earlier posts, Rex isn't getting fired so a new GM coming in wont have the carte blanche to make his true mark on this team.
    Give them both enough rope to hang themselves.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Fans in the stadium is the only thing woody is concerned, if he feels that these guys are not going to produce those results he will make changes.

I don't think woody will risk another season like this one, he will make changes, I don't know what they will be but he will not leave this regime intact.

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed, can't believe a powerful businessman would be so much like a sheep. Oh, I forgot he inherited his money.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Am I the only crazy one who thinks absolutly nothing? I have no faith

19. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Get rid of Tebow, try and trade Sanchez (possible) keep Ryan, fire sporano, hire football mind in front office, keep tanny.

20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

TS gone. MT reassigned. RR and MS stays. New GM and OC.