Jets are Projected to Draft 9th

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 1968jetsfan, Oct 7, 2012.

1. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

That's actually awesome /\ nice work

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, sorry I couldn't get teh first chart to format better on the board.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Walterfootball.com has us at 11th pick in the first.

4. 1968jetsfan

yep. that's probably right for this week.

5. cromartiecove31

cromartiecove31 New Member

Yeah no problem dude, really helping me get an idea of where we might be, now I need to figure out which # each pick would be at...

6. 1968jetsfan

That should be what the first chart should reflect, to get the actual draft number you'd add 32 to the pick for the second round, 64 to the pick in the third round, etc. Of course the draft order doesn't include supplmental picks, but we won't know how many of those there are, or what rounds they are, till later so no real way to rank that part yet.

7. JackTheFootballGuru

JackTheFootballGuru New Member

I think it's pretty simple now. We want the cardinals, chargers, and titans to win as we we lose. That would put us in the 8th spot. For each one of them that wins, we move back one, so our lowest (with a loss) is #11.

If we end up at 8,9,10... that is really exciting. I dont forsee a scenario where bjoern, jarvis, and manti are all gone before that, and I would gladly take one of them to be an impact player.

Imagine taking Jarvis in the first, Eric Reid in second... Bringing back Darelle... That's adding three legitamate impact players to an already top ten defense. Or grabbing Teo and getting a solid OLB in the early second, perhaps even Sam Montgomery?

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Can we please focus on Offensive talent please... We need touchdowns this league looks down upon a defense

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The less points the offense has to score the better

Keep building the defense and gradually build the O mainly the interior line and run game

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I love defense but you gotta be realistic. Where a good defense and our offense is despicable. We need to focus on offense in this draft. Unless a beastly pass rusher like Jarvis Jones or Bjoern Werner are available when we pick in the 1st.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

That would be great... If you're Rex Ryan.

We would once again have the worst offense in the NFL. I simply just cant watch this team if they dont improve the offense. Its extremely hard to watch... and I'm talking about on TV. I cant imagine paying to watch another season with such a bad offense.

12. BobLivius

BobLivius New Member

The classic mistake is to take a player of need instead of the BPA on your board. The strength of the 2013 draft is DEFENSE. The Jets may very well draft a D player with their first two picks. If they do, it's a good move because they're adding to their strength. They can always address the O in middle and later rounds.

13. JackTheFootballGuru

There is nobody that will change our offense enough... Do you really wanna throw a first round pick at tyler wilson or barkley???

I think if we draft a QB in the 2-5 rounds, sign a decent enough veteran, and have a 3 qb competition next year the offense will be acceptable enough. With a decent offensive coordinator(it's been a while since we had one) and a mediocre qb the offense will be good enough.

I say revamp the D... we are only a few pieces away from being really, really good.

14. JackTheFootballGuru

I also don't think we should draft Oline early... Austin Howard played well enough to warrant another shot at it, and guard just doesn't make enough impact. Some people say draft Warmack in the top ten... Are you nuts? He should be going late first round. Guards truly just don't make enough impact and are the easiest position to find players for on the offensive line.

15. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

If Warmack is gone let's go defense!

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would rather trade back enough to pick up an extra 2nd, then draft Warmack, Fluker, Nassib and Leveon Bell. That is something that would truly help our offense. Nassib doesnt have to start year 1 either...

In this scenario you have Bell as your bell-cow, a rebuilt OL of Brick-Warmack-Mangold-Vlad-Fluker and a developmental QB in Nassib. If you dont trust Vlad at guard, maybe you kick Fluker inside and have Austin Howard play RT.

Or instead of Fluker, you could draft Ertz in the 2nd... If it was up to me, I would spend every pick in this draft on offense, unless Anthony Barr declared or maybe Manti dropped to our pick.

Point is, this offense HAS to get better. Defense isnt going to win us games if the offense cant put points on the board. Plus, no new GM is going to want to come in here and not address this horrible offense.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Why draft defense??? It may be a strength, but the OL talent in this draft is pretty damn good- and thats a huge need. If Geno Smith falls to our pick, thats a huge need. if Gio Bernard falls to our 2nd round pick, its a huge need with great value.

This offense has to improve for this team to improve. This team can only be so good with this god awful offense, despite how good the defense may be. You put the 2000 Ravens defense on this team, and I dont think we are much better than a 9-7 team.

This offense is what got us into this mess and what is about to get a lot of people fired in this organization. A new GM will want to address it immediately.

18. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

As much as I like some of the defensive prospects that should be available around our draft slot I have to agree with this.

We had a top 10 defense this year without perhaps the best defensive player in the league. Our offense on the other hand is ranked 31st and anyone who has seen the team play knows that it is a painful unit to watch. Our receivers suck, our RB's suck, our O line has regressed on the whole, and our QB situation rivals that of the Cardinals. The unit is a complete mess top to bottom and needs an enormous infusion of talent along with a philosophical makeover.

The problem is that I don't know who is worth drafting on the offensive side of the ball in our projected slot. Warmack is someone I wouldn't be displeased with but at the same time I think we need to be aiming for more of an impact playmaker at one of the skill positions. I think the last legitimate offensive playmaker we drafted was Santana Moss, and that was in 2001! How long ago does 9/11 seem? It's been 11 (!) years since we drafted a blue chip offensive prospect, and we wonder why our offense is downright disgraceful?

It's not rocket science people...

#78 REVISion, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Warmack, Luke Joekel, Jake Matthews, are all great offensive linemen. Geno Smith would be great around the 10 slot. You could trade back and players like Gio Bernard and Keenan Allen would present good value.

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I like Joekel and Warmack, haven't seen enough of Matthews to comment on him. Smith scares me just because we know how much missing on a "franchise" QB can screw your team long term so I'd like to be a little more sure he's an Andrew Luck, RG3-type guy before picking him.