Predict what Woody will do in these coming weeks?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Dec 28, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Fire Rex and clean house? Fire Tannenbaum only? move Tannenbaum? Hire new GM? Fire defensive and offensive coordinators? Stay put?

IMO Rex and Mike are going to be given one more year. These 2 guys are tied together, you cant bring in a new gm who will want to rebuild, while you have a coach on the hotseat. Rex will be doomed if Tannenbaum goes because a new gm will rebuild.

Both Rex and Mike have 2 years left on their contracts, I see Woody giving them one more year. Super Bowls in our Building, so its not time to bring in a new gm and rebuild. I also see someone like Charlie Wiess or Norv Turner running the offense. A big name offensive coordinator will certainly be in.

What do you guys see going down next week?

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

New GM, offensive staff gets gutted, Rex stays another year.

Woody will probably pull a Jerry Jones and say rebuilding is not in our cards this year with a Superbowl in our house. He'll ask the GM to give Rex one more chance (justified). Next year, if we have this record again, he'll gut everything minus the new GM.

3. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

I don't think it's justified at all. He completely lost the locker room, and he rode failchez into the ground. Rex should go.

Besides you guys are forgetting that a quality GM will want to bring his own guys. His reputation and job shouldn't be tied to the existing staff that he didn't pick.

4. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

I predict he will hire someone with credibility to run the franchise. Then that person will make the call on who stays and who goes. But it is not essential to fire all the coaches because next season we're going to be paying the piper on all our crappy bloated contracts. So Rex may get a 1 year reprieve. But he may want to go elsewhere if he can get a head coaching job. Either way, Rex's stay will be a short one.

5. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Has he lost it this year? I can't imagine he did...

As for 'quality GM', a good one can also decide to keep Rex. It would put more pressure on Rex, than the GM, if anything. Rex has proved that he's a good coach. If the new GM can bring the right sort of talent to our team, I'm sure he can be a great coach.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hopefully.....

he fires, outright fires tannenbaum

and brings in help to find a real football guy who can manage this entire organization.

and then lets him do what he needs to do, from the cs to the roster to the dipshits hanging around the offices every day.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah I agree, what quality GM would want to be forced into these horrible conditions? If a guy like Polian came in, the first thing would do is clean house.

But also its NOT time to clean house, give it one more year.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

re assigns tanny, brings in joey clink or promotes scott cohen.fires entire offensive coaching staff. hires norv and any assistants norv wants.thurman promoted to d.c.

clink and cohen are the only scenarios i see with rex staying and woody wants rex to stay

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

You can leave any thought of a SB in our house out of the equation, aint no way we're making the SB. Might as well start over now if we are going to.

10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Woody is by all accounts determined to play in the Super Bowl next year because it's the 'home' game. I think what will happen is he will do what's been discussed all over this board: fire Tannenbaum, promote/hire someone he knows and is familiar with that will be fine with keeping Rex, fire Sparano and make a big splash with a well-known name as the OC.

A year from now we'll be talking about how shortsighted it was to try to reload one more time instead of getting a head start on rebuilding.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

god i hope it snows 4 feet the week of the superbowl, like 6 inches a day everyday for the week. then a foot worth on the superbowl day.

to think we would make decisions based on the fact the superbowl will be in the meadowlands is just astonishing.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Hire a puppet GM. Keep Tanny involved in the cap and draft decisions. Forrce the new GM to keep Rex. Fire Sparano and act like that will be the move that rights the ship. Hide from the fact they are cap strapped next year and will not be able to significantly upgrade the team.

Go into hiding when even the Sunshiners see through the bullshit at the end of the 2013 season.

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Does that actually ever happen?

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Rex, Sparano and Tanny all gone.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I predict whatever Woody does will be fucked up.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I think that there will be more continuity than change, unfortunately. I'm pretty sure Sparano and likely Pettine will both be fired though. I really, really hope Tannenbaum is fired as well, but I think Woody will turn a blind eye and give him (and Rex) another year.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Napalm it all!!!! New GM, CS, and QB. For fuck's sake this insanity has got to stop. Fix it Woody.

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

We're the Jets so I completely expect a half-ass move so I'll go with Woody firing or demoting Tannenbaum and keeping Ryan. To me it makes no sense to keep one and not the other, but we're the Jets.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is what I can see happening. Not the best scenario but it keeps his pal Tannenbaum in the organization, placates the fanbase to a certain extent, and buys time for Rex to turn things around..

Now if there's no improvement in 2013, get ready for those begging for more "stability" in 2014 and beyond.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Tanny will be demoted to a cap role. Sparano will be fired, then they'll bring in a big name (Norv Turner) to be the new OC. They'll promote someone from the inside to be the new GM. Rex will get another year.