Do you think the media is trying to undermine the New York Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just tinfoil hat nonsense, but it seems pretty weird that this year (a year in which Rex Ryan hasn't given the media cannon fodder) all of a sudden, the unnamed sources and leaks start pouring out like never before. With a poor season like this, it almost seems as though they're bitter about something...

I don't know, it just seems odd.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Unequivocally.......

3. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

It is one thing to act like you act when you win. It is another thing to do when you are losing.

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I think what pisses me off more is this douche Manish always has these "anon sources".

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Blood in the water my friend always will attract sharks. This team didn't make a lot of friends over the last several years and the media in the NY/NJ/CT area has never been shy about piling on.

The drama/circus that is the 2012 New York Jets is now morphing into its own reality show. All we need now is a male equivalent to Snooki.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Considering how hard these unnamed sources are hitting the Jets I do wonder sometimes if a narrative is being written by the media... Mehta in particular.

I'm constantly seeing other reporters on twitter sarcastically commenting on Mehta's sources... I do wonder what the truth is there. If Mehta is creating his own spin then he deserves to be fired and the NYDN exposed for printing such garbage. Then again, maybe there is something there... who knows for sure?

7. ArmandJ

Thing is, we haven't been saying anything remotely controversial besides 'Sanchez gave us the best chance to win'.

Unless I missed something, nobody has been talking shit. The most boisterous thing Rex Ryan said this season was 'I think we can beat the Patriots' before our first game.

8. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

The Jets have been attention seekers. Look at us. People pay attention when you go deep in the playoffs. They tune you out when you are under .500

9. ArmandJ

What attention have we been actively seeking this season? I'm not talking about the offseason with Tebow, but this season...

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I believe the coaches, GM and players do a great job of that...

Only fools blame some other entity for your lack of success/clown show.

Getting rid of both QBs would be huge in turning around the perception of your team.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is what happens when you tell people to speak their minds and run a very loose ship. people talk. they also realize that there will be issues with rex and tannenbaum if they are named so they talk but dont let them say who it is.

the jets ASKED for this with the way they conduct business.

you know the whole you reap what you sow thing

12. ArmandJ

Oh no, I know we do more than enough to deserve some unwanted attention.

However, I just feel as though that a sub par team should not get THIS much attention.

13. deathstar

14. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

That's silly. Don't blame the media for leaks, they will always chase them. Being in NY tends to amplify things somewhat, but the leaks have to come from somewhere. When you run a loose organization with no accountability, it only works when you're winning and everything is good. Some adversity causes rats to squeal, that's how they are.

15. ArmandJ

Hmm, good point.

16. deathstar

Clowns attract attention and when your team has 3 of em...

Get rid of the 2 QBs and Rex goes Mark Cuban and keeps his mouth shut...It will make the bad attention go away.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you live by the sword you die by the sword.

18. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

What's that supposed to mean? The whole Tebow shenanigans just brought the media spotlight in here (even more). What, you think it's going to just go away once the season starts? Tebow is a player, the spotlight will stay to watch him play in games (or not play), this was always going to be a huge story throughout the season no matter how it went.

19. ArmandJ

True, I think maybe I'm just posting out of reaction here...

We're largely responsible for how our season went, no questions asked. I just think it's odd that on fairly 'quiet' weeks so to speak, we always seem to have the hugest, most undermining stories.

Either way, the media leaks need to stop and I wish somebody would take control of that. If Rex listened to WFAN at all (highly doubtful), he needs to fire Pettine right away.

20. Mac Redstrum

Mac Redstrum Member

------------------
    It is what it is, I know as a fan I have given 110 % on a daily basis, we win as a team we lose as a team