Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Hmmm... Kerley? Fireman Ed? Merril Hoge?

Let's just hope it doesn't happen.

2. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

When he vacated the pocket, there were times when I thought he was going to take off (because he does that), but I wonder if there was something that changed his mind through the course of that.

3. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

i cant believe this. first time im considering skipping a jets game

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Jets need a bigger clown car.

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

If this happens to Rex on the sideline on Sunday, I think we'll have our final answer about whether God exists.

[​IMG] GIFSoup

6. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, he can pad his number in the INT column.

7. titan999

titan999 Active Member

I honestly don't know what to say. I can't believe this absolute abortion of a QB will be starting another game this season. The Jets are the most pathetic organization in sports.

8. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

When will franchise stop being a complete joke

9. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Rex doesn't want to play the clown. Who can blame him?

Why attract more attention to your horrendous season?

The best scenario is to just hand the ball off for every offense play.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You could punt on first down, play field position, and hope for the defense to score.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Yeah they did a great job in week 1

12. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I still don't understand people saying this. They make a lot of headlines because they are in NY, but if they were in any other market 90% of the stories would never make the air.

Since 1998 how many teams in the league have had more success than the Jets? 14 years, 7 playoff runs, 7 playoff wins, 3 afc championship games...no super bowl but in that time span how many teams have had that success? Buffalo? Miami? That is half of our own division!

13. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but the Jets haven't won a Superbowl in 40-some years and it doesn't look like we're getting any closer to it. Add that onto the media b.s. and our organizational faults (Getting tebow, extending Sanchez) and it amounts to reasonable criticism against us. No wonder were one of the least liked teams in the league.

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

People don't like the Jets cuz we're from new york and we're cocky when we win. So F them, that's what I like about this team. Theyre getting their kicks in while we're down. Im glad all this circus shit happened, all the more motivation to finally put this franchise on the right track. Lets get a good team out there and shove the it down everyone else's throats. And if the suckage continues, so be it, this is my lot in life and I'm a enough of a grumpy whiskey drinking bastard to deal with it.

15. tomjet529

tomjet529 Member

I myself would LOVE to see kerly play a whole series!

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I for one can't wait until 4:30 pm Sunday when this whole Jets-Tebow saga is over. The biggest mistake the Jets ever made with regard to Tebow is trading for him. I still don't know why they did it. The whole Tebow episode has been nothing but a mess for this franchise.

Name me another back up player in the NFL that would get the attention that Tebow is getting just because he is NOT starting a completely meaningless game on Sunday???

The attention that this meaningless decision to start Sanchez over Tebow is getting from the national sports media is ridiculously and grossly disproportionate to the decision and the game on Sunday. Who cares if Tebow starts or not? What difference does it really make? It is clear the Jets do not consider Tebow to be a starting NFL QB. That is why he is not starting. I can't wait until he is far far away from here and this season if over.

Thanks Woody and Tanny for screwing up the season with this absurd acquisition.

I would rather see anybody else QB this team on Sunday but Tebow. And I mean anybody.

And how does this ruin his career? That makes no sense. If Tebow was hurt, would his career be over? Does every team put so much stock in the Jets decision to not play him that nobody in the NFL will want him next season??? Of course not.

This was a pure football and future decision for the Jets. Tebow is not in the Jets future plans while McElroy still is and Sanchez may be because of his salary. The Jets do not owe a start to a player who they have determined will not be on the roster next year and a one game audition is not going to impact his value to another team (if he has any).

Why don't you people get it? At this point 31 teams (including the Jets) do not think Tebow is an NFL QB. The only team that does may be Jacksonville. Why should the Jets start a player at QB that they do not think is a starting QB? To appease ESPN? To appease Tebow's massive fan base? NO. It's over for Tebow as a Jet unless Sanchez is hurt. Time for all of you to get over it.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Giants have nothing to be happy about, They are a bigger joke then we are because they are suppose to be defending champs and have gotten embarresed the last two weeks, First getting shut out then beat down by the Ravens. That picture of Sanchez really looks like that stupid face he always makes

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no no i think i have to disagree, we are definitely the bigger joke around these parts. see heres the thing, the giants WON THE SUPERBOWL last year.

we well.... we won the afc divisional round playoff championship a couple years ago. yay us... go clown car.

19. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

At least we took up more than 50% of that photo.

20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'm fine being hated when we win. I don't like being ridiculed when we lose, though. That said, Rex Ryan created a spark within this team that we haven't seen since Namath, so... Carpe Diem.