Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I think after the heated discussion between Rex and Tebow, Rex assumed that Tebow did not want to participate and it was only until last Friday that Tebow said he wanted to play.

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No he did not refuse. It was a false report according to both Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow.

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

What a joke. Bring in the freaking clowns. OMG, I so do hope heads roll.

4. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

You should take that act on the road junc

5. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

That whole, anger filled rant and you pick out "knew". Get a life.

6. rdowns

rdowns Member

Wait, these aren't the first string clowns?

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Lets see. First we start McElroy at home because of a hostile crowd and wanting to send a message to an ineffectual Mark Sanchez. Check. Now we start an ineffectual Mark Sanchez because of a concussion to McElroy. Check. We bypass Tebow because he supposedly can't run a standard NFL offense as developed by Tony Sparano. Check. We go back to Sanchez because he gives us the "best chance to win". Check.

Now with all of those things factored in, I think I have a clue why Rex decided on Sanchez. It seems that Sanchez puts up pretty good numbers against Buffalo for whatever reason. Now if Mangold & Co. can not allow 11 sacks against Sanchez, this could be his last gasp performance as a starter with the NYJ's. His contract won't allow him to be traded or cut and Tebow is a goner so clearly, Sanchez had to get the start no matter what. Now the interesting question will be this: What happens if Sanchez gets his bell rung at some point during this game?

In spite of the 2 AFCCG losses and the best stretch in the pathetic history of the NYJ's, this coaching staff still appears haphazard in its thought processes. Of course, those two games are enough in some opinions for lifetime contracts. Its all in how far you want to lower the bar sometimes.

8. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Rex and Tanny are scared to use Tebow. God forbid he plays even DECENT the Jets front office will look stupid.

9. I Am The Stig

As poor as they have been, Mangold and co. would not allow 11 sacks on Sanchez. They would allow 11 sacks on McElroy though because he called them selfish.

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i doubt thats the case... if anything i think its more probably that mcelroy made the wrong adjustments at the line and couldnt make sense of the excessive blitzing by the titans. either way, lets just hope we can see some long bombs to braylon ause at this point it really doesnt matter to throw the pick, and i dont know about you, but i dont think mcelroy is throwing a long bomb to anyone anytime soon.

11. steelzeppelin

steelzeppelin Member

good, hopefully we lose and get a better draft pick.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tomlinsons 52 receptions as an over the hill back in 2010 says high.

13. I Am The Stig

Was he old? Yes, but Tomlinson was still considered one of the best receiving backs in the league. The fact that he was "over the hill" doesn't take anything away from it.

14. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Exactly, & god forbid you make sense!

He did have successes with Tomlinson, Cotchery, Edwards, Holmes, and Keller. All those names are proven caliber players unlike this year.

Also last year he did throw for 26tds, & if he wasn't injured who knows what kind of year he'd have.

To say he regressed last year is a lie, this year not so much.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So all the sacks are the OL fault? :rolleyes: And when Sanchez gets sacked it's all his fault right?

McElroy is to blame on some of those sacks. Yes the OL has played poorly all seaosn, but the reason it go so high was McElroy didn't release the ball quickly and the poor OL couldn't hold for a long enough time.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/12482/year/2010/mark-sanchez

in 2010 mark sanchez completed 65.9 percent of his passes behind or at the line of scrimmage.

he completed 59.2 between 1 and 10 yards.

that is TERRIBLE he should be up around 80 percent if not higher thats AT THE FUCKING LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

he was 72.2 and 65.5 in 2011

and this year he was 60.5 and 60.9

so he was actually the most "effective" on short passes in 2011 and even then he was very very mediocre.

thats not very good, show me one qb who has only broken 70% once in 4 years throwing passes AT or BEHIND the line of scrimmage. josh freeman had a year over 80 as one example of a less than good qb performing much better than the cheese man.

17. alleycat9

michael vick was 81.5 THIS year you know the year he got to sit on the bench.

nick foles was 83.1\

chad henne was 89.5

18. alleycat9

shit even john fucking skelton was 80 percent this year at or behind the los.

19. I Am The Stig

I was being facetious.

I've acknowledged in other posts that McElroy held the ball too long.

20. alleycat9

he did, but more importantly he misread blitzes and moved to the wrong places in or out of the pocket 3 or 4 times. he actually vacated a solid pocket a couple times and when he did his blocker lost the angle and the guy sacked him.

thats not on the line. but the line looked like hot garbage too, not 11 sacks hot garbage though.