Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Sanchez did have some clutch games... They were great games that really made me believe in him. But in the last two years he has shown zero signs of being that same QB.

You are defending a QB who is a shell of his former self; and that former self if nothing more than an average QB who came through a few times in big moments.

I could easily say that I feel bad for someone who spends so much time talking about the game, but lacks the ability to comprehend the play that has been on the field the last two years.

There is no way of getting around it, Sanchez has been down right awful the last two seasons. His mechanics and fundamentals have all regressed. We as Jet fans have to quit holding on to what he used to be... For him to turn into a franchise QB with the Jets at this point is beyond improbable.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I get the frustration with Sanchez but what I don't get is the hate. He played very well 2010 took us to an 11-5 record and to the AFCC game. He played decent half of last year and shit the bed this year.

He might be done the way played in Arizona and Tennessee might suggest he is done but the way he played in Buffalo and most of the first NE game shows he has some talent.

Let me ask the haters or the supposed fans wanting him to fail what who was the last Jets QB they liked.

For those of you that don't think receivers make a difference go play flag football QB with a bunch receivers that have never played football before.

Accuracy is misnomer to a certain extent good receivers adjust and make tough catches.

Sanchez is definitely not playing well but him playing well helps this Franchise I for one hope he can rebound I at least will be rooting for him to do so if he does not I want a decent back-up so we can survive another year.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he has shown flashes, he did lead a few late game comebacks in '11 plus the Maimi game this year and leading us down 10 late at NE but I agree overall he has looked nothing like that guy from 2 years ago BUT he has the ability and more. It's on the jets to bring that back out of him.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

How is Andrew Luck a perfect example? He clearly has confidence in his receivers. And Hilton and Avery ARE legit weapons. They are both better than anything we have right now. And having Reggie Wayne as a security blanket definitely helps and having a TE that you had for 4 years in college certainly helps. Luck’s situation is nowhere near Sanchez’s. Sanchez had a great rapport with Braylon Edwards in his rookie season, so being a rookie or veteran isn’t the issue.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hilton and Avery are "legit weapons" because they have Andrew Luck throwing the ball to them.

The more Luck throws the ball, the better the Colts chances are. It's completely inverse with Sanchez. Jets win by taking the ball out of his hands.

6. Murrell2878

I was very high on Hilton coming out this year, and Avery is a good WR and much better than Clyde Gates, Mardy Gilyard or Jason Hill. :rolleyes:

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Andrew Luck has more talent in one finger than Mark Sanchez does in his entire body, let's be serious here. If you are going to compare situations, compare Mark Sanchez with Troy Aikman. The Jets should of followed the Dallas Cowboys model back in the mid 90s. Aikman played good with a great team around him, then evaluated his play in the post-season.

8. Murrell2878

No one is comparing the two talent wise

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Demosthenes9 pretty much did, it wasn't directed towards your post. The two can't compare at all or RG3 it's a bad sample comparison. I should of said situational-wise. But talent has to come up in the conversation as well.

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It baffles me that there are still Sanchez Apologists out there. I'm looking forward to their departure to the Oakland Raiders message boards in 2014.

11. Demosthenes9

Hilton coming out was still a rookie and no one expects them to make an impact their first year. If he had Sanchez throwing to him, you'd almost never hear his name on ESPN.

I'm sorry, but you can't make up a dream team WR corps that would make Sanchez look like an "elite" passing QB. It just isn't going to happen. That's not his game.

People keep talking about how great a job Sanchez did in his 1st and 2nd year in the NFL. It's revisionist history. If you actually look at the stats, he was in the bottom quarter of QBs, and that's when he supposedly had "weapons" around him.

12. BTC

BTC New Member

lolololololololololol

13. nyjunc

some of us understand the game better than to evaluate a QB soley on his stats.

14. BuffaloPhysco

BuffaloPhysco Member

Dustin Keller.

15. Demosthenes9

I did because it plays a huge part in what was being discussed. Laxin pointed out that Andrew Luck has made no named guys into good receivers. Murrell argued that the receivers were talented to begin with.

I pointed out they are "legit weapons" because they have Luck throwing to them as opposed to Sanchez.

16. Demosthenes9

Trent Dilfer came up "clutch" now and then and threw some nice passes to win games. That doesn't make him a great QB or even a very good one.

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I think a good comparison would be to Tannehill. Both had very few college starts and now have below average recievers.

AlthoughI believe Sanchez had much better recievers his first year.

18. nyjunc

Trent Dilfer was much better than the average fan realizes b/c the average fan just uses meaningless fantasy #s to evaluate. I am NOT saying Trent was great b/c he was not but it's not a coincidence that Baltimore hasn't been back to a SB since they let Trent go. He was very important to that SB run.

All I care about is winning games, I know we can win w/ Mark. I don't need a QB to put up great fantasy #s and choke in crunch time. Mark hasn't donw either this year but he has proven he can do it in the past and he is still young.

19. Demosthenes9

You can win with Mark IF and WHEN he actually has confidence and stops making bone headed mistakes, and WHEN he finally learns to read defenses, and IF you have a top 5 defense, a top 5 running game and a top 5 special teams squad.

That's a whole bunch of IFs.

Thing is, Mark was supposed to progress and improve, he hasn't.

And no, Dilfer wasn't a lot better than most people think. He was exactly what they think he was, which is, a marginal QB who made it to the SB on the back of a very strong defense.

20. Murrell2878

Hilton is better than Gates, Gilyard, Schilens and basically anyone else Sanchez has had to throw to. Hilton being a rookie only shows even further the garbage Sanchez has had around him.

Sanchez was pretty good throwing the ball to Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller and LT. Get talent around him and he's a better QB. We've ALREADY seen it.

I don't care about his "stats". He made big time throws and made big time plays when we needed him to make them. You were rooting for Denver at the time, so I'm sure you weren't watching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.