Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I learned long ago their is zero point in trying to reason with you guys.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Sure, that's one explanation.

But, as some reporters and analysts have mentioned, Rex and company were so tied to Sanchez that it would have been bad for them if Tebow had looked good early in the season. This is why some people think that the WC package of Sparano's was so damned vanilla. I think it was because Sparano is a clueless moron who is way in over his head, but how would it have gone down if Mark was sucking things up if Tebow had come in running a spread option and had success with it ?

THAT would have caused a serious QB controversy. Best way to avoid it ? Run a vanilla WC.

As the weeks dragged on and Sanchez kept looking like shit, then you get to a point where if Tebow came in and looked good or even average, then people would question why Mark wasn't pulled sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Tebow would have been a ProBowler or anything like that. I just don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some of you believe. Hell, I've seen people calling for Kerley to take over in case Sanchez gets hurt, as if Kerley is a better QB than Tebow. That's asinine.

4. XX2

XX2 New Member

None of that matters. He won. Everyone was convinced that he sucked, that he wasn't an NFL QB, that he could never win against NFL defenses ... and he did. Over and over again.

As opposed to the Sanchez standard? Sanchez has 50 turnovers these last 2 seasons ... and this season isn't even over with yet. Think about that ... 50 turnovers!

Well guess what? The Jets have lost a bunch of games they could have won because their head coach is pigheaded.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I don't know, you could have actually tried logic and reason instead of the BS you kept (and continue) to spew.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Rex: Hey, Tebow come here... let me talk to you...

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I'm not surprised that Sanchez is starting. I was pretty sure that if McElroy got injured it would be Sanchez going in, not Tebow.

I guess they want to see if he can get is swag back. Tebow is gone anyways, and there's no chance for the playoffs. None of this matters.

7. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i am very confused by this whole tebow side story. i know it has been beaten to death, but i don't understand why he hasn't been given even a small chance. why did they bring him in if they had no intention of using him. it points to a serious power struggle in the jets organization. they had better sort it out asap. it's a shame, cuz i like rex. but he's a party to this. though it must be the owner and GM taking responsibility first.

8. Amen to that.

Get these bone heads out of here. And take the holy roller media w/ them.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah...

It would make a little bit more sense if they hadn't gone after Tebow in the off-season. If he was just some guy who was already on the roster that's one thing, but they sought Tebow.

But hey, Sanchez has a chance to back up his words that Rex was wrong to bench him. For the first time this season, the Jets are must-see national TV. Everyone will be watching this soap opera on Sunday.

10. Matty

Matty New Member

buddapaw,

What? You don't think Rex would make a good punt protector?

Good grief man, outside the box thinkers like Rex and his staff, think it would be pure GENIUS

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They brought him in to sell PSL's and it didn't work. Simple as that. This was not a football decision.

12. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Somehow with much more important games going on in Indianapolis, East Rutherford and Detroit at the same time, I doubt it.

All we did was assure ourselves the label of "Biggest Joke of 2012".

13. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Uh, what? Besides Jets and Bills fans, who is going to want to see this game? The game is blacked out in Buffalo, so I'm not sure that Bills fans even want to see this. Nobody really cares about Tebow anymore...

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Did I say that they should watch because of Tebow? He's not even going to play.

It's the Jets soap-opera that people will watch. Trust me, that will be talked about more than any other game on Monday morning.

15. Simple as this: They wanted him to be sort of an "All purpose player" capable of filling many roles including as the back-up QB. What they failed to mention was that they never had the intention of pulling Sanchez in favor of him & his back-up status was more about roster spot flexibility than it ever was about ever getting an opportunity as the conventional starting QB. The situation became further dilluted when his overall ability was significantly overestimated.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

GMac's abdominal strain was actually constipation, which resulted in him popping a blood vessel in his brain while trying to pinch mega loaf.

17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Mm yes quite plausible (check).

18. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

It seems like a combination of a publicity move and the owner not really understanding how an offense works.
    Tebow needs his own system, he has never played in the system the Jets run and doesn't have the right skills for it. I think the intention was to bring him in to be a better version of Ronnie Brown in wildcat packages. Of course the offense struggled so much that there wasn't much opportunity to run those.
    He can't start because the rest of the team hasn't practiced the kind of offense using Tebow requires, it is a very tough switch to make mid-year, and doesn't really fit the personnel we have either.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

After a long night of drinking Tebow was holding GMac's hair for him but let it slip and GMac whacked his forehead on the back of the toilet. It was and honest mistake. Could of happened to anyone.