Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

If that was the case, they wouldn't have found an excuse to take McElroy out :p

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

First of all it is not "we". "We" would refer to Jets fans, which you are not. You are a Tebow fan temporarily masquerading as a Jets fan, so please spare us all the "we" crap. If you haven't figured it out by now, a lot of us resent that.

And "we" know Sanchez blows (most of us anyway), if only you tebots could come to the same terms with Tebow.

A marginal QB who didn't turn the ball over likely would have landed us a playoff spot. Unfortunately their wasn't one on the roster.

3. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Regardless of why they did it, this game will tell us a lot about what happens this offseason. If Sanchez plays well, 2 possibilities could happen: (1) increased trade value will make a trade marginally more likely, or (2) Rex will feel more confident in letting Sanchez "compete" for the starting job next year. If he does poorly, Sanchez will spend next year on the bench unless some team trades for him (which won't happen).

4. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Wow. Guess I'm not surprised. But still a little surprised.

5. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

You people are complaining about the Jets being a circus yet you can't realize that starting Tebow is even more of a circus. Starting Sanchez is the safe move to quietly go into the off season. If Tebow succeeds, it starts an even bigger circus. Since none of you seem to want the circus, stop complaining because you are getting less of a circus. Smart move by Rex. We lose nothing by starting Sanchez whereas we could lose a ton by starting Tebow.

6. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Let me explain this to you, the kid hid his injury because he knows that this would be the last game he starts in maybe forever. The NFL has a hard on about concussions(they fine the shit out of teams when injuries aren't reported), Tebow can't play because in the Jet's braintrust's mind he wont be ready because he needs a tailored offense which the Jet's cannot put together on the Thursday before the game.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

I'm a Jets fan until the day Tebow actually gets traded or cut. I really don't give a shit if anyone resents that, especially you.

Tebow took the Broncos from 1-4 to the playoffs with an 8-8 record. That means he went 7-4 in the regular season. Now, you might not think that he's a real NFL QB, but his record speaks to the fact that he is. He's not the best. Not even top 15 or top 20, but he wins games.

So yes, there is one QB on the roster who is at least "marginal".

8. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

It's amazing how people don't grasp that and rage all the "he better not be here", "I'll quit the team", "I hate the Jets" bullshit you read in every other thread. Yet here they are still sobbing. Blame it on home schooling.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tebow blows.

10. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

What is the chance any good QB wants to join the 'competition' with Sanchez for starting QB next season?

11. Demosthenes9

They could run Tebow out there with the "normal" offense and he wouldn't do any worse that Sanchez has all year.

The reason not to start Tebow is that he isn't going to be a Jet next year so it's kind of pointless as it's way to late to see what the kid can do, whether he sucks on game day, or if he would light things up.

12. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

This day can't come soon enough
    [​IMG]
    Down with TeBONERS

13. XX2

XX2 New Member

The running game was working, but it wasn't exactly dominant. The Broncos primary ball carrier finished the game with 30 carries for 96 yards. That's 3.2 yds a carry.

And I wasn't criticizing that win. Just the opposite. It proves that you can win with a limited passer. Like I said, we got to the AFC championship game twice with Kordell Stewart at QB. It can be done.

14. Demosthenes9

Imagine that, when you have no real argument that you can counter with, you put up this trolling bullshit.

BTW, nice job of editing out the "GTFOH" comment you originally made.

15. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

It's a pretty obvious Tebow blows if Rex has refused to go to Tebow with the Qb shit we've had all year.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

gives us a better chance to lose and get a better pick.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

A) No it doesn't; and
    B) If you want to buy him out of his 8.5M - feel free.

18. Matty

Matty New Member

Rex tries hard and talks a good game, but he's just not cut out to start as an NFL coach. Maybe Rex could play H-back or punt protector to salvage his career.

Seriously, if this isn't the most dysfunctional staff in all of football I don't know who is.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Have fun rooting for Jax with Tebow on the bench.

20. RevChez

RevChez Banned

You mean the '5 pick game' well?