Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Yes :grin:

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

There is no room for logical post on this thread...move along....

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Gee probably because he GOT SACKED 11 TIMES!!! smh...

4. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

...wat?

Pittsburgh had the #1 defense in the league last year.

5. XX2

XX2 New Member

You say that like he's a rookie. He stunk in practice for the Broncos too, and Fox didn't want to play him. We both know how that turned out, because he beat us both. It doesn't matter how bad Tebow stinks in practice ... Sanchez is stinking up actual games and turning the ball over almost as often as the punter. There is no bad worse than that.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont think there is much of anything that could hide this debacle.

people used to make fun of the jets by saying

J E T S... just end the season.

now i agree with them, i cant wait for this shit show to be over. i hope against hope that the dipshit owner makes some adjustments but have no faith in him..

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This 100% seals the deal in my mid that Rex never wanted tebow an tebow is not a jet next year

8. dl1762

dl1762 New Member

Wait sprano has an offensive game plan ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

9. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Did you watch that game? Or just scanned the box scores? Denver were leading by 10:0, then 17:7 till KC kicked a FG when clock expired. When you are leading by two scores and the running is working, why not just keep on pounding? Tebow was leading a ground and pound without top two RBs (McGahee and Moreno only rushed 8 time before left the field). The passing game was limited, but the threaten was legitimate. That win sure is different, but it's as beautiful as any one.

#129 _Jet_, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I wonder...

If Wilkerson has one more concussion test to pass, why can't McElroy take the concussion tests?

One of two things: Rex thinks McElroy can be a viable backup/starter with a full offseason under his belt and doesn't want to risk additional injury.

Rex wants to start Sanchez in an away game against an easy opponent. The fact that he named McElroy starter after the Chargers game leads me to believe that the first option is most likely.

11. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Yep, unfortunately

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes it turned out that he stunk it up for most of every game too ... led the league in 3 and outs. He was able to pull it together for some miracle drives at the end of games after his defense and special teams played outstanding football to keep them in games. Tebow SUCKED in the game against the Jets until the last drive. He averaged LESS THAN 7 YARDS per drive prior to the last drive. Do you realize how terrible that is?

If all you want from your QB is to not turn the ball over your standards are very, very low.

It DOES matter that he sucked in practice too. That's what coaches see every day and base their decisions on when the starter needs to be replaced. That's how you get in games when you're not a starter, by practicing well. That's how it works for EVERY player in the NFL. For some reason people think that doesn't apply to Tebow. Well guess what, it does.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'd say McElroy needs more practice snaps at this point in his career to get him and the offense ready for a game than Wilkerson does.

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

edit**********************************( not worth it)

15. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

Well said!. At this point I don't care if it's Sanchez or Tebow starting but to get all worked up because it is Sanchez makes little sense to me. The Jets have 2 days left of practices so they went with the QB who knows the offense better, big deal.

Sanchez is not the problem with the Jets offense as we saw on Sunday. The problem is a below average OL and crappy play calling. Before people jump on me, Sanchez deserves plenty of blame for his poor play too though definitely not to the level you hear from some fans.

Build the OL, get a good OC, get a real QB coach and get some people who can make a damn play for their QB or at least get open. No matter who the QB is without this they are not going to be very successful

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I agree completely. It would be a real shame to trade up for a new "franchise QB" only to have them come in and deal with the same crap Sanchez and McElroy experienced. Sanchez is done for but that didn't have to be the case. Let's not repeat the same mistake with our next QB.

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

As Sanchez didn't do anything special in most the games we won this year, if we simply had a marginal QB who didn't turn the ball over, we'd probably be in the playoffs or at least still in the hunt.

Yeah, think about that one for a while.

18. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Disagree with many of you....

Whose more likely going to be on the team in 2013? Tebow or Sanchez? The latter, like it or not. Why do the Jets owe Tebow the start here if he's going to be on another team after this game? I doubt Tebow would want to be here even after a game vs BUF.....Sanchez may suck but he's going to be here and as I mentioned in another thread, WILL factor into the equation to the team in 2013.

The Jets did this for their team, not for Tebow. Its the right call though I can completely understand how disgusted Tebow is right now. McElroy kinda F-Ed him by what he did(Which is wrong but McElroy knows he's limited with his starts) as it gives the Jets very few days to set a vast majority of plays catered to Tebow here.

I also think had this been a home game, Tebow would be in.

19. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Don't go or watch is all you guys have to do. Stop bitching and moaning about this shit already. Geez. You guys are acting like a loss would take us out of the playoffs, at this time of year I loss can't hurt.

HELLO
    [​IMG]

20. XX2

XX2 New Member

We were a crappy 12-4 team with the #1 defense in the NFL? :rolleyes: