Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

McElroy is a huge lightning rod. With such a following of McElroyites. Yes it would have been exactly the same. Delusional much?:rofl: GMAB

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If Sanchez and McElroy can not succeed running Sporano's offense, then Tebow should get a shot too.

3. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

This does it for me. This is absolutely irrefutable proof why Tanny, maybe even Rex need to be fired. This shows that they care more about selling tickets and jerseys, than they do about winning football games. I feel bad for any sucker her bought a Tebow jersey and thought he would get a fair shot.

4. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Honestly, it should have been Tebow.

And I hope that if GMac's symptoms are true, then Ryan not playing him regardless of the test results shows that McElroy is truly in the running for starting QB next year.

5. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Not at all. McElroy is a 7th round pick who was the third string going into the season. Tebow came off a season were he turned around a struggling broncos team who got into the playoffs and beat a heavily favored steelers team. Many people came into this season thinking tebow was better than Sanchez and thought that as Sanchez struggled through the season tebow should of started. No one thought McElroy was anything.

If you can't see the difference on how the two quarterbacks are differently perceived, I don't know what to tell you. If McElroy does well, no one except the vast minority diehards questions rex. If tebow does well, rex gets questioned by everyone

6. XX2

XX2 New Member

Tebow doesn't need a special offense. All you have to do is limit your playcalling like you would with any backup. Run the ball a lot, have him throw screens and swing passes. On 3rd and long, let him make one read and if it isn't there he can scramble or run or throw it away and punt. This isn't rocket science. The Steelers won a ton of game with Kordell Stewart at QB and he flat sucked. The key is to pare down the playbook and not ask him to do anything he's not capable of doing.

You can win running a high school offense.

#86 XX2, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

guys this isnt about tebow.

this is about our decision makers deciding that greg mcelroy had a concussion maybe and then deciding that because he didnt come to rex and tell him about it that no matter if there is a concussion or not he will not be playing.

this is about rex just fucking forcing this douche sanchez back onto us AGAIN.

i am done with it, if rex and sanchez are back next year i am taking the year off from the jets.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You should be pointing the finger at Tanny and Woody Johnson, not Rex Ryan

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the over-obsession w/which qb starts the last game of the season. who cares? no surprise mcelroy is concussed, in fact i'd be surprised if he wasn't concussed. as for tebow v. sanchez - i could care less. personally i'd like to see tebow get to play 1 half at least.

The fans who freak out after 1 losing season and want to fire everybody are nuts btw, they are part of the problem. firing and hiring coaches (especially the best NYJ HC in the last 14 yrs) every 4 yrs is the stupidest way possible to run a football team. Only an imbecile would do that. is woody an imbecile?

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You just can't make this shit up.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Forget Tebow if you want - start Kerley - sign some bum off the street like Arizona and Cleveland did - anything but Pickchez.

But no. Ryan will stick with "his boy", continuing to show that he's not a competent Head Coach whatsoever.

I hate this team.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

WHY are you all crying? The season is OVER! Next and last game is against the freaking BILLS. I mean damn, who gives a sh!t about whos starting in this sh!tty game.

13. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Because Sanchez starting foreshadows him being with the team next year

14. dusterfan

dusterfan New Member

Didn't Denver beat KC last year only throwing something like 8 times the whole game?
    I think Tebow probably knows the whole playbook. The question is how effectively could he run it.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I bet you and nyjunc are just bursting with glee on the inside.

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Ryan should be the LAST one to harp on anyone being truthful or not. He has been truth challenged for quite some time.

17. kaboom

kaboom Member

This pre-supposes that the tandem of Rex/Sporano are capable of putting in a "Tebow game plan" at all. I truly don't think that our coaching staff has the intellectual horsepower to do what the Broncos did last year.

I wasn't a fan of Schotty at all but he at least would have had the brain power to put in a Tebow offense if called upon to do so in the course of a week. Such is not the case with the present staff.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No it doesn't. That was decided this offseason when he was given an untradable and uncuttable contract. For some reason everyone thinks we can trade him easily, we can't. Before he stepped on the field this yer, we knew he was going to be here next year. It is all but guaranteed he's a jet next year

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So if McElroy came out and played well enough to win the last two games no one would question Rex for not putting him in earlier when the team still had a shot at the playoffs. But if Tebow did the same, people would then question him?

Sorry, that doesn't pass the sniff test.

McElroy led the team to a victory in a game Sanchez was trying to piss away if you remember correctly.

The more reasonable and likely scenario is that Tebow is just a terrible QB and Rex/Sparano saw that every day in practice all year.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it will be interesting to see if the team comes out and doesnt try this week. they obviously didnt last week. so lets see what they decide to do.