Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

What would you do if you had an all access pass and figured out that 50% of those interceptions were do to the 7th string WR's running the wrong routes or running with bad timing - and Sanchez's "humility" during his post game is just a way for him to take the blame instead of pointing fingers at his teammates?

I ask this because you all make it seem like you are the king of X's and O's and you can completely understand what is happening out on the field.

2. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Funny...almost weird to say, but Jets have won with Sanchez as QB & can continue to win with Sanchez as QB. Jets need to upgrade O-line & coaching staff. Alot of players Jets have need to be coached-up better. If Jets get a Top-flite game breaking RB & a real big and strong blocking T.E...thats a start. Move Brandon Moore to the bench or LG. Jets need to upgrade both Guard positions. And the Center...needs to step up his game also. Maybe try to bring Callahan bach as O-line coach. Spend a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th round pick on a O-lineman or 2.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We haven't won anything in 2 years. Settling for mediocrity. Anything meaning playoff berth

4. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Sanchez is way to inconsistent to win it all. He has regressed with no signs of improvement. Sanchez will give Jets fans a bad vibe going into next season even if he is on the bench. It's almost a lock that he won't be back next season.

Sanchez is no different then all the other QBs that has came into this league and disappeared after a few years. Very average at his very best... A nightmare at his worst...

Sanchez fans... sorry he won't be back... time to buy his new jersey when he is on another team.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Don't need the all access pass as I have all the games here on my PC and have watched most of them multiple times trying to dissect the offense.

That said, sure, some ints probably came from bad routes or timing thrown off. But, a whole lot of those INTs came from Mark making bad decisions and being inaccurate with his passes.

How about that throw into triple coverage ? How about Mark's inability to understand where the Safety is on a play ? How about that goal line interception in the Seattle game ?

Oh, BTW, I'm hardly a king of X's and O's. Just thought I'd clear that up :)

#4705 Demosthenes9, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the rookie salary cap is a big difference. now when you trade up for a franchise qb it doesnt necessarily hamstring you for 5 years if he sucks.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

None of that has to do with not having weapons? Are you sure about that? I don't think you have a clue about the QB position or you wouldn't have made that asinine comment. Maybe you're just butt hurt because your boy toy was never given a chance here. Yeah, that's probably it.

8. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Carl Lewis win a few races with a 20 lb yolk around his neck, but that doesn't mean the yolk isn't holding him back.

Obviously, if the Jets had a kick ass RB, Gronkowski at TE, and 5 all pro's on the offensive line, it would make any QB look better, even one as truly terrible as Sanchez, but that still isn't a reason to bring back the worst QB in the NFL to play for you. If the Jets did all those things Mcelroy would outshine Sanchez like a flashlight and the sun.

9. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I am going to get ragged for being a Sanchez homer when I am not, more of a "this team is hot garbage." Type... But, how many if those int's are due to a QB making a mistake, and how many are due to wrong routes, how many are due to him feeling the need to make a play instead of taking a sack or throwing it away, etc.?

My thing being - every QB throws picks. When your team sucks donkey balls like the NYJ's (Kerley being #1 type suck), you can say, "throw it here, throw it there, take the sack, throw it away..." All you want but after some time - it is time to make a play. I remember when people would harp on him for getting sacked, saying he couldn't feel the pressure. Once he stopped taking sacks and tried to make plays, people got pissed that he was forcing passes and getting picked or fumbling. McElroy gets sacked 11 times and he is a breath of fresh air.

Seriously though - this team is, talent wise, pathetic. Frenbar mentioned Gronk and other top talents helping any team. When, at any time during Sanchez's tenure as a NYJ did he have top offensive talent? He has had two old average skilled RB's and now one slow as hell punisher. In 2009 the NYJ's jus happened to have a good ol. He has never had anyone as skilled as Gronk or Welker. Holmes is not as great as Tanny paid him to be. The steelers let him go for peanuts.

People are pissed that Sanchez has never developed as a QB. My response to that is: this team has progressively deteriorated to the point of disgrace. We send our backup QB who never lost a game in college or HS or something like that and he gets sacked 11 times - and people are happy. That, if anything, is a sign of the times.

#4709 RobertTheJr, Dec 26, 2012
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

theres no reason to be a jerk to the guy just because you disagree.

and i think YOU are completely wrong. absolutely and completely incorrect.

as a matter of fact i cant even fathom in all of the worlds how you would think that you might even possibly be correct. you just couldnt be more wrong.

and on top of it you just had to throw your little tebow jab in there.

guess what i dont like tebow and your still wrong.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

A good amount of it lies on Sanchez. Not saying that our receiving core is good (because its not obviously), but his mechanics, ability to read a defense, ability to hit a receiver in stride, accuracy ect has all regressed since 2010 to where he is a bottom 3 QB in the league.

Megatron could go out there and Sanchez would still have a hard time completing passes simply because he can not deliver an accurate ball on time- never in stride. His footwork, ability to read a defense, arm strength, pocket presence, accuracy ect has all decreased tremendously since 2010. That has little to do with who he's throwing to.

No Im sure the lack of talent and coaching on the offense has scarred Sanchez, but right now, Im not sure who is catching the ball matters as much as his regression in terms of fundamentals.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

I understand what you are saying, and I completely agree that this team collectively is horrible, or at least from an offensive perspective. But, that includes Sanchez also. The offensive line can be bad, yet so can the QB... same with the skill positions.

His first two years, Sanchez had a great deal of talent around him... As old as Thomas Jones and LT were, they were still very good RBs. He also had a top 5 OL in front of him, along with a good receiving core. Now, the front office did let this team's overall depth and talent decrease, but Im sure they, along with every fan, expected Sanchez to take that next step and make those around him better. Thats what good franchise QB's do.

You look at Andrew Luck, and besides Reggie Wayne he has nothing. The offensive line is shit, Vick Ballard is his RB and he's playing with rookies elsewhere. He's making TY Hilton, Donnie Avery and Lavon Brazill look like actual players... Be honest, have you ever heard of any of them? Fact is, he is making players around him better, something Sanchez has never done.

Even Tannehill is making Hartline look like a legit WR.

Fact is, Sanchez has regressed big time, and that does not fall only on the talent around him. His accuracy, ability to hit a receiver in stride, pocket presence, arm strength, decision making, ect has all regressed. He should be able to hit any receiver in stride on a slant, post, fade, out, ect. He struggles to do so and his accuracy on those throws fall on him.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So...name the QB that's been a success throwing to Gilyard,Gates and Rheluand?

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

You keep saying this, so Im going to reply with the same reply that I used to respond to you before...

15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Anyone who wants a good assessment on Sanchez should listen to Rich Gannon, NFL MVP in 2002. He gives a great QB breakdown when he calls games on CBS.

Gannon worked with Sanchez when he was coming out of college. Last Sunday he said on the Jets broadcast several times that the only thing holding back the Jets from being a playoff contender is their poor QB play. He said this more than once. Now we know that the Jets have way more problems than just the QB play. However we also know that the QB play on this team has been horrific. Just the fact that Gannon would say this is some indictment on Sanchez because he also said that he really liked Mark personally. Yet he still felt the need to give him a harsh critique about his poor play.

He's also mentioned on the air last year that when he worked with Mark that he had a hard time reading the field and struggled with accurately hitting open wide receivers consistently.

Regardless of all the excuses about the WR's this pretty much sums up Sanchez. And hearing it from a guy who was a student of the game like Gannon and has played the position at the highest level gives it some serious street cred.

It's almost unbelievable that some posters here still think Sanchez is a decent QB. The sad reality is Sanchez is a piss poor QB who will be a career backup in the NFL regardless of what system and team he goes to.

He'll still make a lot of money holding a clipboard for a lot of years in the league.

#4715 JetsNation06, Dec 26, 2012
  16. Hobbes3259

:rofl2:

Yes...I'm naming 4th and 5th stringers.l.that are Starting.

Kind of the point.

Hill was drafted to complement Holmes,
    Holmes got hurt.

Then Keller,Then Hill..the rookie.

You are blaming the QB? Did you just take up the sport, or have you lost reason?

17. Hobbes3259

Odd because Simms has seen it differently. and FWIW.... Gannon, was a career journeyman until he got cached correctly and had a success in a system, like Tent Dilfer.

And...just another observation...there's more money for most of these guys in coaching, and less travel...so if their opinions were as...reliable...as you think they are..ltheyd be million dollar a year coordinators.

Btw..Gannon the Cannon talks a pretty good game on TV, for a guy that took a DECADE to start as many games as Sanchez...:rofl2:

#4717 Hobbes3259, Dec 26, 2012
  18. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

So, because he struggles to read a defense, he sucks? I think that could be an indictment of this teams QB coach and offensive coordinators just as much as it is on Sanchez.

Maybe he goes to another team and finally gets the training he needs. Who cares about that and Sanchez at that point. I really wish we all could stop talking about the guy. He really doesn't deserve this much attention one way or another. I think the Jets' front office should be the focus in all of these talks. The front office should be exploited for the fraud that it is. They have been pretending to put together a working offense and selling it to be something infinitely greater than it is. It is almost as bad as the NY Mets. At the very least, the Mets let you know that they are looking to 2014 and beyond, rebuilding.

19. JetsNation06

On the coaching point, a lot of these guys want nothing to do with it because as more than a few ex NFL coaches who've turned broadcasters have said in their own words....they're never wrong as broadcasters and they can sleep at night without being second guessed unlike the coaching profession.

Also to be fair to Gannon, Dilfer just happened to be the QB of arguably the greatest one year defense in NFL history.

Journeyman or not, Gannon played the position at a way higher level than Dilfer ever could.

20. JetsNation06

I'm pretty much done trying to critique Sanchez and really don't even want to think about the guy. However he still might be a Jet next year so I just thought it was another interesting take on him from a credible source.

And yes, I agree for the sake of this team hopefully there's not too much more attention focused on him as he's not the Jets future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.