Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I think that is exactly what Tanny did. Obviously Sanchez didn't work out but I don't think RG3 was any more of a sure thing than Sanchez at the time. In fact Sanchez was considered the most pro ready, am I wrong? The Skins had to give up more for RG3 because the Rams are smarter than the Browns and even in the few years since Sanchez was drafted a franchise QB value has skyrocketed.

2. lakersmetsjets49ers

In my opinion, the vibe I got regarding Sanchez in 2009 was that he would a project and wasn't nfl ready at the moment. Pete caroll said it also but I think that was partly due to him wanting Sanchez back for his own reasons but he only started one full season at USC. I felt he was a qb with a ton of potential though.

There's no such thing as a guaranteed sure thing but Andrew luck and rg3 were being hyped as qb's that enter the draft once every 10 years and were seen as qb's that can turn your franchise around. There's no college qb's getting that same treatment this year.

I agree the rg3 and Sanchez trades are similar in terms of risk but more people would probably view rg3 as the one who would have a better chance of succeeding before either of them threw a single pass in the nfl

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Santonio is similar to Victor Cruz except he has a shitty QB throwing to him and playing in a outdated ground and pound offense, which kills his numbers.

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Holmes is a selfish idiot who should have never received number one money. And missing this year.

5. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

Mark won't be back next year and I'll say its fairly certain. They will try to trade and if they can't they will release him.

Jets fans, the Jets front office, coaching staff, Woody, etc. has seen enough. He had four years but still continue to be the Jets greatest weakness year after year.

Having no weapons is just an excuse. There aren't many great WRs out there, great QBs makes most of the WRs good (enough). Put Sanchez in Indy and all of a sudden they have no WRs and their OL is horrible.

6. lakersmetsjets49ers

I'll take the good with the bad with Holmes. He's a bad fit for this current jet team. You put him on a contending team with veteran leadership and you won't hear a peep outta him and he'll be productive but he doesn't have the leadership abilities to sustain that mindset on a not so good team and you see the bitchy side of him come out.

Regarding the injury, it happens and hopefully he comes back healthy next year. Having him playing will help whoever the jets qb is in 2013, due to Tanny and his thing with guaranteed money Holmes will be here next year so hopefully they make it work.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Braylon and Holmes were moves that significantly helped Sanchez. but letting Edwards go seems to have been the move that really hurt Mark. At the beginning of the Titans game you saw a different Sanchez when he was throwing to Edwards. There was a confidence that has been missing ever since he left. Of course once Sanchez threw his first INT in the game he turned into a mess which is why he shouldn't play again this season even if McElroy is injured.

8. Murrell2878

I'm not saying he'll get the job out-right. I believe there will be a competition, but I just can't see how we bring in anyone who beats him out in camp. I can see them drafting Landry Jones who would come in during the season if Sanchez struggles though.

9. Murrell2878

I definitely agree that he needs to adjust his attitude slightly. Stop being so non-chalant. get in guys face if they fuck up and miss their block, run the wrong route or do something stupid. If you make a big play get excited. Point at the defender and yell to him "I'm gonna burn you all game long mother fucker!". Show some emotion For Cryin Out Loud!!!

10. Murrell2878

And Cruz has a legitimate threat on the other side (Nicks). Holmes had a really good year when he had Braylon taking on double coverage, or taking on the coverage shade. Holmes just isn't a No.1 receiver. Quite honestly we could have replaced him with Kerley and been just fine.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I definitely agree about that. During the 49ers game (or Houston) Brady scrambled for a first down and hyped up the crowd. He rips into everyone for underperforming. Sanchez doesn't do any of that

12. Murrell2878

It's certainly possible that he won't be back next year, but I honestly think he will.

Having no weapons most definitely impacted Sanchez's play. You'd be right if Sanchez had the luxery of playing with a bunch of No. 2 receivers, but he didn't even have that. Outside of Kerley (who at best is a No. 2) the rest of the receiving corp was shitty. Clyde Gates? A No. 4 at best. Mardy Gilyard? A No. 5. Stephen Hill? Right now a No. 3 at best. Chz Schilens? A No. 3 at best. Jeff Cumberland? A No. 2 TE at best. These are not weapons any defense would ever be afraid of. Sanchez had no faith in any of these guys to be where they were supposed to be. If you want to call that excuses then so be it. I call it a terrible reality that will not enable any QB to be successful -especially when you add in the brilliant OC Tony Sparano.

13. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Sanchez was not considered NFL ready. His college football coach alone said as much. Furthermore - 1 year of football past HS.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please. In 3 NFL seasons Cruz has had 2 1000 yard seasons and 2 80+ catch seasons. In 7 NFL seasons Holmes has had 1 1000 yard season and 0 80+ catch seasons. 4 of those were with Roethlisberger throwing to him too, so save the shitty QB crap.

Cruz is a far better receiver than the glorified Holmes.

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

What Pete said is not reliable because he was biased. He wanted him back to try to win a chip.

I just remember the fact that he ran a "pro-style offense" being a big selling point for him. Whether that is synonymous with being pro-ready is debatable I guess.

16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Mark may be back under center this week as Greg may be out with injury.

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Not having the best weapons around might explain why a QB doesn't win championships or go 13-3.

What it doesn't explain is that interception at the goal line against Seattle. Or the 4 ints against Titans. Or the 3 ints against Arizona, or the Butt Fumble.

Sanchez's passes are often late and behind receivers. His footwork is shoddy as he doesn't stride into the ball. He can't read defenses in his 4th year as a starter and he makes horrible decisions multiple times per game.

None of that has to do with not having weapons.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sounds good in theory but if Pete really wanted him back believe me, he wouldn't need to come out publicly to say that Sanchez wasn't ready. He would've kept it out of the public eye if he truly thought that highly of Mark.

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im sick of hearing this Holmes is selffish bs, Every WR is selfish not just Holmes, Theres only one Larry Fitzgerald and 100 guys like Holmes

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Clyde Gates belongs on the fuckin practice squad,Mardy Gillard got cut,Jason Hill was a scrub got cut, Stephen Hill is a bust ,Chaz Schielnz is a scrub, Kerley and Holmes, Keller and Cumberland are the only decent options when it comes to catching the ball, Braylon came back way to late to be a diffrence maker. If i were the new GM id only keep those 4 guys and bring in a bunch of new WR's. Id get rid of Braylon, And id keep Stephen Hill as the number 7 reciver maybe. Don't give me this shit about our WR's they are the worst in the league and im tired of watching it , Zero separation from any of them

#4700 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.