The Tannenbaum Thread (likely to "be relieved" Monday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

People act as if Tanny was hired in 2009. He's been through 2 HCs already. I'm all for continuity but wasting off-seasons is unacceptable when you are a GM. That's like 90% of your job.

And regarding continuity, I don't understand those that want Sparano replaced. Do they feel that the problem with the offense this year was play calling? From my viewpoint, the issue seem more with lack of talent and a QB that regressed whether because of or in conjunction to the lack of talent. As I said in other threads Sanchez has enough to work on and fix this offseason; I don't think learning a new offense needs to be something else added to the list. I think there would be more value with a new QB coach. Chad Pennington would be great. He knows the Sparano's offense and what it's like the QB1 in NY.

2. kaboom

kaboom Member

Why on Earth would the NYJ want to keep Mr T in charge of salaries/salary cap?
    Isn't the current Mr T-designed 2012/2013 NYJ salary structure one of the absolute worst in the NFL, especially when defined by the "productivity" of many of the players subject to Mr T's long-term handiwork (Holmes, Sanchez, Smith, Scott, Pace, Harris)???

Makes about as much sense as saying that we want a new O-coordinator next year but we will sending Sparano up to the booth to call the offensive plays.

3. The 2009 passing game was WORLDS better than 2012. I don't think people realize how stripped down this passing game was. Literally playing guys off the streets at WR & tight end combined w/ a new offensive system that seemed flawed in general principles. That's a disaster.

Greene is a useful part.Is he a complete back? No. But the days of having a complete back appear to be over. You need 2-3 guys to carry the load & fill specific game day roles. Greene/Powell fit what Rex wants very well.

Here's where I agree w/ you. They need a slasher to offset those 2. Somebody who can catch a pass out of the backfield,make somebody miss in the open field & add a spark. They don't have that guy. It was supposed tobe Mcknight but he can't stay healthy & appears to be a tweener.

4. legler82

I think the days of having one workhorse back is over but you can have 2-3 "complete" backs who can run, block and catch out of the backfield. The problem with our backs is that they are all specialized. We have the run guy, the block guy and the out of the backfield guy. It makes us pretty easy to defend.

5. legler82

In order for Greene to effective you have to keep pounding him in there and get your dividends in the 4th quarter one the defense wears down. Problem with that is that the game has to remain close until then. Once we are down by more than one possesions, he becomes pretty much useless. This approach gives you pretty limited paths to victory.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well personally, I have zero faith in this current regime to develop a young QB. They have done everything you should NOT do. This team finally has to realize that in order to win in this league, it starts with a QB.

What do all of those teams with consistency have? Great QBs- Giants, Patriots, Packers, Saints, Colts, Steelers... ect.

I pray we get a new GM whose main goal is to develop a franchise QB. If we kept the current regime and stuck with continuity, I doubt we'd go anywhere due to their inability to develop and put talent around a young QB.

7. NYJ55NJ

NYJ55NJ New Member

Woody should fire himself

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

fixed your post.

9. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Started drinking early for Christmas I see. Kerley top 10 slot WR - PLEASE, Cumberland has potential, but is unrealized -HE CAN'T BLOCK and ALSO RUN SHITTY ROUTES . I may not like Holmes much (maybe at all) but to say he is maybe a top 40 WR is just Stupid. Sparano is arguably worst OC the Jets has ever had, games had no fucking flow and the Tebow FUCKERY made me want to hurl.

In closing FUCK THE WILDCAT AND ANY PLAY RESEMBLING IT

10. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Jets should clean house in the front office,in the coaching staff and rip the apart the roster.

$121M cap for 2013

NFLPA is planning for 2013 cap to be $121 mill. That's increase of $400K. Would be smallest yr over yr increase in history of cap.

https://twitter.com/JasonColeYahoo/status/282484249054048256

The Jets have nearly $142M committed.

Cut Jason Smith,Calvin Pace,Bart Scott and Eric Smith. Clear $30.7M. $111M in commitments.

2013 will be a rebuilding year.

11. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Jets are reaching out to potential GM candidates while exploring ways to keep current GM Mike Tannenbaum in a cap management role, according to league sources.

The Jets are trying to beef up their front office, particularly in personnel, given their failing in the draft and free agency in recent years. But owner Woody Johnson is looking for a way to keep Tannenbaum in a different capacity, primarily as a negotiator/cap guy, sources said. The team has quietly reached out to potential candidates to gauge interest in the bizarre arrangement, including approaching Mike Maccagnan, Houston's director of college scouting.

As expected, candidates have significant issues with the parameters, sources said. Tannenbaum has created many of the Jets issues with bloated contracts given to players like Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes, to name two, coupled with cap mismanagement that has left New York in a difficult plight heading into 2013. Furthermore, Tannenbaum has shared a very close relationship with Johnson, which naturally would be a red flag for someone joining the Jets from the outside.

Several potential GM candidates -- men expected to garner interviews for soon-to-be-open general manager jobs -- said they would never consider taking the Jets job under these circumstances and doubted that any strong candidate would.

"That's totally ridiculous," one exec said. "Only the Jets."

In the end, Johnson might have to bite the bullet and part with Tannenbaum in order to land a someone highly qualified for the position.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/j...ential-gms-look-to-keep-tannenbaum-in-cap-job

"Only the Jets" is 100%.

Clean house Woody.

12. AlToon

AlToon Member

The Houston Texans have promoted Mike Maccagnan to director of college scouting and named Dale Strahm a national college scout, the Texans announced today.

Maccagnan has been with the franchise for 12 years and served as the assistant director of college scouting since June of 2010. In his new role, he will coordinate all of the Texans’ college scouting efforts. In addition, he is involved with evaluating NFL teams and prospects in preparation for NFL free agency.

One of the Texans’ first hires, Maccagnan initially joined the club as a pro scout in January 2000 before being promoted to coordinator of college scouting in April 2000.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...scouting/7303cfb9-ec38-4d3e-ae9d-6a86eafe66d4

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WTF with people crying about a "Revolving Door"

REALLY?????

I don't care what the freaking Door does...

Just put a guy in the GM position with experience as a talent evaluator and scout for FOOTBALL PLAYERS....

Are you kidding me - people sticking up for a freaking accountant to call the Talent shots???

MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some Jets fans are just out of this world insane - and that's part of the problem.

I bet every panzy Tannenbaum lacky is also in that sub group of Panzy Mets/Jets fans....

14. AlToon

AlToon Member

Mike Maccagnan is native of Hightstown,NJ. He graduated from Trinity College in Connecticut.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sounds like Woody is going to fuck this up trying to hang onto a guy that he should really just make go away.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not the first time Woody Johnson kept someone past their stay. Brian Schotty

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

17. Exactly what I'm talking about. No respect for stability necessary to have success in the NFL.

The only "Panzi's" i see can't handle a 7-9 season. Goodness..what did you guys all do during the Kotite era?

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Oh for fucks sake. Woody is gonna fuck this GM thing up. What potential GM worth a shit is going to come in without complete control over the cap, player and coaching personnel? Who would want the last GM, who clearly has a good relationship with the owner, looking over his shoulder? That would lend itself to be undermined. Why is everything always so hard for the Jets???

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

GM and the whole scouting department need to be canned ASAP.

20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm a Jets/Mets fan, and I think Tanny is a dope. Check yourself.