The Tannenbaum Thread (likely to "be relieved" Monday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

thats not what i was implying. the steelers have been competitive, which we have been no where close to. they have also been competitive against good teams (bengals, ravens) while we get beaten by some of the worst teams in the league.

also, jason la confora of cbs reports woody johnson wants to keep MT as a cap manager/negotiator

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/j...ential-gms-look-to-keep-tannenbaum-in-cap-job

2. 17 yard gain & a 36 yard gain aren't big plays? This is the NFL. Not Madden on beginner. Again..the jets are a BALL CONTROL OFFENSE. They essentially WANT 4 yards & a cloud of dust. Physical. Wear a defense down. Move the chains. By the 2nd half..the front 7 is worn down..running lanes open & 3 or 4 yard games become 7 or 8 yard gains. THEN you see the big plays.That's exactly what Powell & Greene give you. If you have a problem w/ that blame the coach..not the player or acquisition. Personally, I think the running game has come along quite nicely. The passing game is just so unwatchable it erases any good the running game tries to instill.

All rookie WR's have hiccups. Hill also had some great moments for this team. For a "clueless athlete" he sure got open quite alot and the opposition always had a safety deep shadowing him. WHat exactly do you mean by the Jets shouldn't have used a pick on Hill? Did you see last year's team? they needed a big fast deep threat in the worst way. My oh fucking MY.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Tannenbaum and Coslet... Yeah, that's a fair comparison :rolleyes:

4. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Wait, wait.....the Jets dont want to create big plays?

:rofl:

Greene's long of 36 ranks him 44th in the NFL.

Greene and Powell are both mediocre at best and were two guys this organization targeted in the draft. Neither of those guys start for other NFL teams.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Did you read my above post? I dont believe that is short sighted and over reactionary. I gave clear reason, multiple reasons, as to what Tanny has done or not done that has caused this organization to be where it is right now- a bottom 8 team.

You can scream about continuity all you want, but if its continuity with something that is broken then all it does is set u back even farther.

And do you honestly think that Wood Johnson is firing Tanny solely because the fans want him gone? There are a decent amount of fans that want him here still (exhibit A) and you dont think that Woody Johnson has thought about any or all of the points Ive listed above?

Im just a regular fan that loves football. I dont have any experience in an organization at all, so its not like its that hard to see the writing on the wall (the points I've listed above).

6. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I'll file Tanny's dismissal under "better late than never"

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Interesting...

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

And did you read further to where it said

9. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Embarrassing if this is true...

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

1 losing season - fire everybody and blow it up: this is the philosophy of an absolute idiot. The alternative plan of keeping Mr. T as the Cap VP and bringing in a GM is even dumber than firing Mr. T / Rex after 1 losing season.

NYJ need a plan for addressing the challenges, fixing the broken parts and improving the team. The last thing the NYJ need is to fire everybody yet again as soon as the team hits a rough patch. That is such a dumb way to run an organization - no good owners do that.

11. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Well hopefully this will force Woody to remove Mike all together.

12. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

Trending downward. Team was awful this season. Probably the worst offense in the league. Tied into players with enormous contracts not giving much production.

Why should Tannenbaum come back? Other than this "we need continuity" argument which is weak as hell. You dont keep incompetent people around for the sake of continuity.

Guys with success do get fired. This team is on a steep cliff downward. Move on, start new and try to make it right. The team was virtually unwatchable this season after a complete meltdown of a season in 2011.

13. Let me be clear. I was not calling you or anyone else out personally. As I stated, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Additionally, It's not as if I think the notion of firing MT is completely outlandish. You as well as many others have made some good points. Will I be shocked if MT gets the axe? No I won't.

Where I get upset is this mentality that:

A. Shuns organizational stability- You can't have this constant revolving door. Especially in NY.

B. Bad decisions completely over rule any good decisions made & that no one can learn from a bad decision. This is the NFL. This is NY. Mistakes happen. Bad draft picks happen. Bad contracts happen. If someone is truly incompentent.Fine make a move. But at some point down the line..you have to put trust in people to learn from past errors & get better. Otherwise..again..you end up w/ a revolving door.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Woody just does not get it.

15. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

I understand and wish you were joking but it seems as though our favorite team is cursed.

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Some day U will come to grips that the NYJs ARE NOT capable of making a plan as U suggest which is why we have been losers since 01/13/69 :sad:

17. Of course the Jets want big plays. How do you expect those to occur w/ 10 men inthe box who have absolutely no respect for the passing game? A platoon of Adrian Peterson & Chris Johnson would not garner much better than Greene/Powell have.

Along w/ those big p[lays is the principle of a physical running game & a mentality of ball control.
    I'm willing to bet that Greene will get starter money elsewhere this year. I also believe Powell IS good enough to start elsewhere.

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

AP has to go up against a full box every single week. no one respects the vikings passing game either

19. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

No one has respect for Minnesotas passing game either.

No one respected our passing game in 2009 when we led the league in rushing.

Greene stinks. Slow, plodder. DEcent change of pace back but we need a big play guy who can catch a pass. Greene cant do either.....and he's a guy we had to have in the draft. Goes back to why Tanny needs to be canned. If you cant evaluate backs you shouldnt be a GM.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey, since we haven't won shit in 44 years, why not stay the course? Because we still ain't winnin shit and actually, are starting to look worse. Relative to other Jets eras, this FO/CS combo may be the best thing since Kotite but lets not pretend that its anything other than a mediocre stretch in an otherwise sorry historical record. One more time, we LOST both AFCCG's and except for the one trip to NE, most big games we choke. We still apparently haven't learned how to play in really big game situations yet under Rex Ryan. Perhaps Rex hasn't learned how to properly motivate his players in those situations yet either.

Once we actually win a SB or at least appear in one, then use THAT management system and personnel combination as a template for future success. Until that happens, we have to tinker until we get it right. Lucky for Woody, this fanbase is used to losing so much that being mediocre every once in a while is grounds for induction into Canton.