Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Oh one other thing, if he was out there Punt Protecting like he was suppose to, the Chargers wouldn't get that Punt Return TD, the Jets could have won the game.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If it's true, then it's about time Tebow stood up for himself. Season's over, playoffs out of reach & this coaching staff doesn't want him. He's supposed to be just a backup QB but the Jets still held a press conference when he was brought aboard. Who the heck does that for a backup QB? He's been milked for publicity as much as possibility until the Jets started losing & Sanchez started shitting the bed. Then he became the reason everything is a failure.

I hated Tebow's game & was so pissed when Jets gave up a draft pick for him. But right now, I've gotta feel sorry for the way the Jets treated him. It's better for him & the Jets to part ways. Hopefully his next franchise will be more interested in Tim Tebow the football player & not Tim Tebow the marketing product.

3. JFjets

JFjets New Member

You haters crack me up. You hit Tebow all season long for "ruining Sanchez' rhythm" and for being "ineffective" in the "Wildcat" (AKA run straight up the middle right into the teeth of the defense), and you crow all season long about how the Jets should have never brought him in and should cut him. And now you want to string him up for not playing the "Wildcat" in yesterday's game? Can't.make.this.stuff.up.

#143 JFjets, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  4. Uniondale_Tom

Uniondale_Tom New Member

Gained a lot of respect for Tebow if this report is true. Showed some pride in the face of the joke our team was this year.

And wow, the trolling and hating on this forum is intense. Glad I stayed out of here during the year.

5. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Anonymous sources are also confirming that after next week Tebow will request that he be removed from the TGG forums.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

People comparing this with Santonio Holmes are lost. Tebow didn't quit on the field, he wasn't a malcontent. He just asked not to be a circus freak anymore since the Jets were done and the Jets only 'used' him to make money for months.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Sanchez said he DISAGREED with Rex Ryan's decision to start McElroy. He said that openly to the media. Is that supporting McElroy? Where is the outrage for being insubordinate? Where is the outrage for speaking to the media about what's going on in the locker room? Look at Vick in Philly. He knew he was playing poorly and said to the media that he supported Andy Reid's decision to start Foles.

Vick = better teammate than Sanchez. Who would have thought? And get used to hearing that name Jets fans... because Vick may very well be your QB1 next year.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

They made him the #2 QB all season, then passed him up every chance they got for a ****ty #1 and a #3 that wasn't even active. That in itself is pretty duplicitious, never mind what the Jets may or may not have told him in private. What other instance does the #2 'ever' get bypassed for the #3 without at least getting a couple games?

I always thought there was something else going on too considering Tebow CHOSE the Jets over Jacksonville (i.e. promises were made). They made promises to freaking Drew Stanton before Tebow fever swept the Jets front office, I'm supposed to believe they didn't make promises to Tebow?

At the very least you had Rex going on about 20 plays a game and the super-secret wildcat in the preseason, when in fact Tebow only ran three plays a game from a vanilla wildcat.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Best post of the thread!!!! Tebow finally got fucked, but this time it was by our FO and CS. Tanny, Rex, and GQ should all be gone right after the season is over.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yes I can blame him, he quit. I don't care what the circumstances you are in you don't quit. His image as a competitor is now tarnished.

11. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for this season to end. Should be an interesting off season for the Jets.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think Tebow has been a class act while here, he has said and done all the right things publicly,,,, I hated the trade and still do I never wanted him here . That said this guy got jerked ! None of us knows what promises we're made if any but we all know that Sanchez should have been benched a long time ago and tebowbshould have been put in games as more than just a freaking punt protector !

13. nyjunc

all that phony class just went out the window when he pulled a gutless, classless, selfish move like he pulled this week.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Junc here's how I view this
    If Tebow did go to them behind closed doors and do this,,,and i feel like he did ,,,,,my question is 2 fold what GOOD coach would dress this guy ?
    Or
    Wouldnt a coach tell Tebow " you run the plays I tell you to run and play when I tell you to play " ?

15. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

Poor baby Tebow needs a diaper change.

16. MrNoise

MrNoise New Member

I've been lurking these forums and haven't really said much. I've decided to speak out because some people here don't seem to get the bigger picture as to why Tebow is doing this, maybe because they have not had something similar happen to them. So I'll put it in easier terms to relate to in a real life situation.

You are looking to get this awesome job at a new workplace. In order to get this job, you must work at a crappy job that you don't want to do at all. Your future employer promises that if you do this job you will be put in high consideration of the awesome job once that position becomes available. You have done everything your employer has asked of you, moved to a new city, done things you never would have done elsewhere, worked very well with your team you were assigned, and have been denigrated by your boss and employees. Then your employer tells you he gave the position he promised you to someone else without even much consideration. Now you are stuck doing the crappy job you never wanted to do in the first place with no hope. Now there is talk and certainty that you are going to be fired/laid off/job not being renewed in the coming months after you put all your effort into doing the crappy job.
    You also can't quit because you are under contract and can get sued(Yeah if you can don't sign contracts unless it is required or fear losing your job. There are some nasty ramifications that could occur like paying the entire contract back to the employer.)

What would you do?

Without going into much specifics for obvious reasons, I actually quit my job, but luckily didn't get sued. Also I was not denigrated by my employer and employees and didn't have to move to a new city.

But back to the scenario, Tebow on the other hand can't quit because he is under contract, which really sucks for him.

17. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Hahah... Yeh, those adjectives really describe Tebow. Considering how this staff all but ruined Tebow's career in the NFL, AND we don't know what really was said or asked (doesn't appear anything was demanded), I think your just using this small event to push your preconceived hate to the max. So much overreacting on this board it makes me laugh. All the people who always hated Tebow but were forced to always add the "but he's a good guy" shtick to their debasing, are now using the first excuse to get rid of that one positive and go ALL IN on the hate. You all are sad.

#157 TTTTebowAndTheJets, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  18. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I think people are being too hard on the Jets, I think they thought Tebow would be a weapon on the wildcat and could slot in nicely as the backup. Then he came to practice and simply sucked, sucked really really bad, and his wildcat package didn't work out at all.

I'll just be happy when this Tebow saga is behind us.

19. nyjunc

yes his career was off to an amazin start having just been dumped by Denver.

I LIKED Tebow, i thought he could help us. I was wrong, he stunk and you can't just blame that on the staff but at least he was supposedly being a good teammate. Now learning he quit is very disappointing. You can spin it it any way you want but he quit on his teammates.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets all but ruined his career.

AAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Poor Tebow. He was destined for Canton prior to the Jets staff just spoiling his talents.

You guys are awesome.

Anyway if he did opt out I'm glad. Kerley is a much better wildcat QB.