The Tannenbaum Thread (likely to "be relieved" Monday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

our whiny fans will get their wish and the vicious cycle of starting over begins again until to end 3 years from now when the fans want a new GM, HC & QB. Fire the most successful HC & GM combo we have ever had after only 4 years together- this is why we suck.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be damned someone up in NY finally woke up. I guess I'll go back to buying Johnson and Johnson products now after this!

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The reason why we suck is that a poor QB was kept in as the starter by a glorified DC posing as HC. Tanny is being fired because he gave this poor QB 8.25 mil guaranteed. Also drafting Gholston and Ducasse, along with this QB only added more proof. Not to mention the ridiculous contract we gave Holmes and all of the picks we wasted on moving up to get players who have not panned out.

But I digress, change can help. Look at SF, INDY, Denver, Wash, etc.. It is a win now league because of the parity that the salary cap generates. A good HC, GM, and QB are essential to winning. When you don't have that, you have to go find it.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Woody will leave no stone unturned.

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Woody needs to bring in a proven commodity at GM and tell him he's got COMPLETE control to reshape this organization into one with class & dignity, and start building a culture of winning.
    Firing the people responsible for this mess is the easy part, it's who we hire to take their place that scares the crap out of me.
    GET IT RIGHT WOODY!

6. nyjunc

The glorified DC posing as a HC just happens to hold the record for playoff wins in jets history despite only coaching here for 4 years and his QB for those playoff wins holds the Jets record for playoff wins by a starting QB.

There's not much you can do when injuries deplet your offense to the poitn where our top weapons are kerley, Schilens, Gates, Cumberland and reuland. No QB would succeed w/ those weapons.

You know washing easily could have fired their HC prior to this season, right? you know he was on the verge of getting fired before they went on this run, right? you now Coughling was almost fired twice by NYG before SB runs, right?

I hate whiny fans that always want change the second something goes wrong. Temas are allowed to have off years or 2, it happens. NYg is on their 3rd playoffless season in 4 yars, Pitt is missing for the 2nd time in 4 years- should those coaches be fired? of course not.

I'm so disappointed in Woody for bowing down to a whiny, know nothing fan base.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Longtimejetsfan are you saying that Woody will do his " due diligence " :rofl:

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I do not think Tannenbaum is an effective GM.

He is deficient at some of his major responsibilities.

In my view, he's solely responsible for pissing away 3 first round picks since he took over.

Gholston
    Sanchez
    Keller

He has to answer for his failed guaranteed SB runs, when he hedged the future (which is now) on veteran players for most of their draft picks.

When you adopt a strategy that utterly fails, you get results like this season.

Also, since they've admitted Sanchez is not the guy, you also have to answer for this.

So when Mike Tannenbaum is fired, it won't be because "of the fans" buddy, it will be because he failed at his job.
    And when Rex is, fired blame Tannenbaum, not the fans.

Were you there yesterday? If not you're contributing to your own point.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What a scoop from Lisa Zimmerman..he "may" fire Tanny, well no shit. Can we get her money to post drivel like that too?

10. nyjunc

Only Gholston was a bust and every GM has busts on their resume. The other 2 helped us nearly reach 2 SBs and are still young players.

He has more playoff apps and wins under his belt than any GM in jets history. We had a bad year this year, it happens. We also lost the best defensive player in the game, our biggest playmaker on O, our QBs security blanket. We had a season where our QBs weapons for most of the season were Kerley as our #1, Schilens, gates, Cumberland & Reuland. No QB would succeed w/ that talent. You want to blame the GM? how many teams can lose their top 2 weapons in the pass game and survive?Really their top 3 if you count Hill.

11. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

That is really impressive. Because the franchise we root for, you know the Jets, is historically one of the worst run football organizations in the NFL. The bar isn't set too high there buddy. Saying that we should keep Rex just because he happens to be better than Kotite, Groh, etc. is terrible logic. Personally, I think Rex needs to be fired and humbled before he becomes the HC you claim him to be.

As for T-Bone, I don't understand how you can defend him. His entire organizational philosophy has doomed us.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I can't disagree with the latter part of your post unc, but that's not the approach I was taking with my post.

My post speaks for itself and we disagree on Keller and Sanchez not being busts.

13. Petey

Petey Active Member

I disagree with a lot of your posts but I feel you're spot on here. Is Mike the best GM ever? No. Is Rex the best coach ever? No. But Rex has showed he can win big games and Mike has shown that he can compile talent. Now I think that all the trading up for a couple of years and trading picks did negatively impact the team and killed potential depth but I think those days are over. And people kill Mike for his poor recent drafts but both MoWilk and Q look like they're going to be very good players for a long time.

It's a QB driven league and even if the Jets had average QB performance this season they'd be a playoff team. If you look at all of the best teams/franchises, the key is consistency. The Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Ravens etc don't have constant turnover and that's why they've been some of the best franchises since 2000. I'd be willing to give the tandem at least one more season before destroying everything.

14. nyjunc

which makes what we have done undre Tannenbaum and then rex more impressive since we have been one of the top AFC teams for the last decade or so.

Yes it has dommed us giving us the 5th most playoff apps int he last decade and 4th most playoff wins int he AFC. Even w/o making the playoffs this year NE needs 2 playoff wins to tie us from 2009-current, SF needs 3, Bal needs 1, Hou needs 3. Only GB realistically will pass us needing 1 as we are tied for most playoff wins int he years Rex has been here but yeah let's get rid of him, start over w/ another flavor of the month coordinator and be back in this situation 3 years from now.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

^ This exactly +100.

The morons who support firing everybody every 3-4 years are out of their minds. Its an endless cycle of idiocy that results in shitty teams and zero organizational loyalty. The teams that do this perpetually suck.

16. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

@Junc: Do you think that MT should be retained in his current capacity?

17. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this wont be a very long process.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

YES !!!! WTF ????

We have the most successful HC / GM combination in the history of the franchise.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its an endless process. Thats the problem. An endless process of cyclical shuffling which leads to organizational paralysis.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am sure if you look hard enough you can find people out there that liked Marty schottenheimer,,, his teams had winning records every year but were perennial losers year after year . I am sure people said keep him around look at what he has done and all the playoff appearances,,,,,,,,for me it is about winning championships ! Rex talked about winning " multiple superbowls " man that looks like a pipe dream right now .
    For me it is not about 2 AFCC games because the bottom line is we were 2 time losers .We were in over our heads against Indy but the warning signs were there against Pitt when this team came out I'll prepared and flat in the biggest game of some of their lives ! I guess things could be a lot worse than Rex and company but I feel that things could be a lot better than Rex and company !