Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If anonymous Jets sources said it , it HAS to be true.

2. JFjets

JFjets New Member

If things went down the way the story makes it seem (and there isn't some "context" missing), then I say good for Tim, should have done this a while ago after telling Rex he resented being lied to about coming in to replace Sanchez if he went out for some reason.

Nope, not at all, I applaud him for standing up for himself and not allowing Rex to keep perpetrating this big fraud about Tebow's role.

Nonsense, it only hits his "image" with the people who already hate him. People who have no opinion or are inclined to like him are applauding him right now, believe me. I never saw so many sympathetic articles and comments to him before now as after McElroy jumped over him this week when Sanchez was benched.

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

It not the point if I want him running the wildcat or not. Let say this is true? What would u think of Tebow then?

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm sure he would have played if they said "you're playing." This sounds like a serious conversation that was had, and they arrived at a consensus (thus, Rex saying "it was my decision.")

But if they asked him Tebow, and he told them to blow it out their ear, that would be kind of delicious. As long as the discussion was invited or one they were open to, I'm glad he stood up for himself in some way.

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Then should he ask the Jets not to pay him? If this is anybody else on the Jets the media and people like u are jumping all over that person. But since it ur beloved Tebow he standing up for himself. That bullshit....

6. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Well, it doesn't make him look like a 'team player'. Especially when Kerley executes it a LOT better than you do.

8. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

the circus continues

9. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Good for him - this team's coaching staff have been absolutely painful. Not a Tebow fan but he deserved better than this. This team should be exposed for this move.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[​IMG]

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He's a PAID PROFESSIONAL. If we're using this logic, why should Tebow be paid a his few millions of dollars for zero starts this year? Its because he's signed to a contract and the Jets traded for him no matter how little he has played, that's why.

Larry Fitzgerald who is a far superior football player has had SHIT throwing to him and he never ever acted like this to the QB or his team.

There's no defense for this. You want to say the Jets organization misused Tebow, go ahead. Lied to him? Sure maybe....but at the end of the day, Tebow had a squeaky clean image and the Jets were the ones considered a clown show.....now after this stunt by Tebow, he has become a me first type of player by refusing to now come in and help the team win a football game.

Tebow probably took it out on the Jets for his girlfriend break up or something....shit happened the same day or so as when the Jets asked him to do the wildcat. Lost a lot of respect for Tebow, he could have sucked it up for 2 more weeks and left the Jets to have the blood on their hands....but he became a me first player with the stunt he pulled off.

12. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

It funny how u Tebow nuts have no reply to this. Ur hero showed his true colors today? I bet ur so pissed u threw ur Tebow blanket and pillow covers away. Lol

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

1. The media is jumping all over him.

2. We barely know what was said -- I doubt he refused to play.

3. If he told them how he felt, good for him. The season is lost, he hung in there until mathematical elimination, and they had a decision to make. I think this was just his feedback into the decision. The "leak" is designed to trash him. If we're expected to actually judge him harshly, then we need official facts, on the record. Before I would conclude that he had refused to play (enough to speculate about the Jets needing to "not pay him" like you speculate about), that's what it would take. Otherwise, this was just a regular old discussion (or even argument) between players and coaches -- where discussions belong.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I am also a PAID PROFESSIONAL. That doesn't mean I will do anything my boss tells me to do. Put it this way... if your boss passed you over for a promotion even though it was all but yours to have, then promotes a younger, less experienced guy with a weaker resume, while also asking you to do things that aren't really your job... then they openly say to everyone that you're going to be fired in a few weeks... what would you do?

Spare me the phony outrage. You should be mad at the entire Jets organization because the product they put in front of the fans was atrocious.

15. BakerMaker

Would I be disgruntled and unhappy? Yeah....but at the end of the day, I still have to do my job. I'd be upset I didn't get the chance BUT if a friend and person who worked just as hard and came from almost nothing NFL wise got the promotion, I'd be happy and cheering him on.

Tebow was going to be out of this team after this year....that's why McElroy got his shot. If Tebow really gave a crap about McElroy, he would be happy for his teammate to finally break through and get a shot at his dream, coming from being barely drafted and being just an after thought. McElroy did nothing wrong from start to finish of this Tebow/Sanchez saga but support both guys, why does Tebow have to pout over McElroy getting the shot?

McElroy was inactive after coming in to beat Arizona for two games....you don't see him going after the organization or throwing Sanchez under the bus.

Pure apples and oranges for that last point....yes all Jets fans are mad at how this team was built BUT all Jets fans were mad at this Tebow move because we wasted a 4th round pick for a player who regardless of whose fault is it, did nothing for us. Tebow didn't wow anyone enough to get this shot and the Jets mistreated him.....

Using the "Jets are a circus" is a pure excuse to try and save face for this punk move by Tebow.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Does it change if you leaked a few weeks ago that you were planning on leaving the company anyway and looking for the future? Does it change if you said at the beginning of this job, you are here to help the team and will do whatever to help them?

Come on, this was dumb thing to do by Tebow. Just play the WC, it's two weeks left, keep your image and go onto the next team. This was a dumb decision.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ it's a good analogy.

you're right.

I never wanted Tebow here but the Jets fucked this guy over so bad it's not even funny.

I hope he has success elsewhere.

18. amagiusx

amagiusx New Member

When you find out he never said any of this will you still "have respect for him"?

19. BakerMaker

Yes I will take back what I said.

I never cared for Tebow the player but regardless you can't take away what he's done for the less fortunate and for his team first attitude but the latter could absolutely be thrown out of the window if this happens to be true.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How did the fuck Tebow over? Somebody tell me what he was promised?