So can we stop the Sanchez B.S, and start the Sparano/Howard discussion?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hobbes3259, Dec 23, 2012.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thats basically it. We can sit here and argue for days and days over what percentage of blame is where and whatnot, but the fact is, is that everyone is to blame. This team is shit and has only beaten one team in the last 2 years with a winning record. Thats not a team that only needs a few pieces...

Woody has to blow this up and hopefully the next GM has a clear image of the team he wants and achieves that.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Is someone paying you to defend Sanchez right now? McElroy is playing like a rookie. Sanchez, in his FOURTH year, is playing like a rookie.

Don't you see a disconnect?

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

In 50% of Mark Sanchez's seasons hes made the championship game. Quit ur crying and face the facts.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I see 4 years with no OC, and Mardy Gilyard, Clyde gates, and Jeff Reihlamd .

I'll ask again, what QB is going to play well throwing to those guys?

Fuck, if you had any knowledge, you'd start saying Revis and Holmes cost 2 games, let alone Howard, Gates, Gilyard and Rheuland..

Injuries and sub personnel count, it's not about defending Sanchez, who needs a coach, it's a out not denying reality.

Again, Gilyard, Gates, Rheuland...who wins with those guys?

JUST ASKING.

5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

in how many of those years did he have a top 5 running game and defense? in how many of those seasons was he the focal point of the offense?

Answer to first question: 2
    Answer to second question: 0

this general argument is so old its almost unbearable.

6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Today's game doesn't tell the tale of what our offensive line will be like with an educated QB, not the QB himself. I may have miss perceived what you were saying.

As far as Howard goes, I just re-watched every snap, and focused on Howard. He did give up 3 sacks today, and at first glance would think that is pretty bad.

#1 - Brick
    #2 - Moore pushed into McElroy
    #3 - Stunt from Slauson to Mangold
    #4 - Mangold
    #5 - Howard
    #6 - Moore
    #7 - Stunt from Slauson to Brick
    #8 - Howard - Fumble
    #9 - Howard
    #10 - Brick
    #11 - Ducasse

However, if you watch every snap, he was dominate the rest of the game. McElroy did take a hit from his side, but he had to choose between the outside guy and the inside guy. He chose the right guy on the inside.

I challenge anyone to re-watch the game, and point out any other bad plays he may have had. Please not the quarter and time.

7. Hobbes3259

Gilyard,Gates,Rheuland.

Explain to me...low we have the talent to win.

I think you don't know what you're trying to watch.

Tapinghelps

8. TurkJetFan

problem is Gilyard, Gates, Reuland and those guys don't make reads for Sanchez. Look at the tape..Seriously. Go look at the games. He stares down coverages, and doesn't even look at the open guy, leading to 50+ turnovers in 2 years. It's quite simple. Even though, you insist on making endless excuses for him.

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Can you stop talking about the "league tape" on Sanchez? Unless the league wants to see how to turn the ball over 29x in less then a full season, there is no reason to ever watch tape on Sanchez.

10. Hobbes3259

You're incorrect.

I paused the game IRT and rewatched every snap during the afternoon.

The problem with your analysis, is that it does not account for GMac addquately.every play is the fault of the OL.

2nd play is 2nd and 10, Edwards runs A 5 (curl) and has 3 yards of separation, on the right but MC has happy feet to the left, no gain.

11. Hobbes3259

No, they only need to be at the other end of the ball...li watch EVERY GAME at least 5 times in slo mo.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

This shit doesn't matter as much as his regression in technique/footwork, ability to read a defense and accuracy. Im sure we could count the number of times Sanchez has thrown a ball to a receiver in stride and placed at the hands on two hands... The first game Colin Kaepernick played vs the Bears, I remember I saw him deliver two perfectly placed balls- one to Vernon Davis over Urlacher and a safety and another to Kyle Williams on a deep corner over 3 defenders for a long TD. I remember saying to myself after each pass "Wow. I can not remember the last time Ive seen Sanchez, a four year starter make that kind of throw."

Any QB in this league should be able to deliver a corner or a slant or a post to the receiver in stride. Sanchez cant do this. Thats not on the talent at receiver, its on the QBs ability.

Also, look at Andrew Luck. He's a rookie on a team that went 2-14 last year. Besides Reggie Wayne, he's playing with a 5th round rookie TY Hilton, UDFA Lavon Brazill, and Donnie Avery... He's not only winning games with them, but he's making the players around him better- something Sanchez has never done. Also, Lucks OL is pretty bad, and he's still setting records.

13. TurkJetFan

it's painfully clear who gets it (like this guy) and who simply does not.

14. Hobbes3259

:rofl2:

Stop reading the news.

Tape the fucking games.

He's fitting balls in milk carton so zed windows,

Drop read release. 15 inch windows. Yeah regressed.

Try watching the film instead of whining.

Opening day, next year...thats your guy. Buy a Pats jersey, or pray fr Norv

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

9 touchdowns and 2 interceptions in the playoffs, Sanchez was near perfect. We dont make both championship games with 90% of the NFL qbs at the time.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Hobbes3259

So, on opening day next year, I'll expect you and Latin to aplogize.

It's not difficult, the FO, knows how much capital is COMMITTED to Sanchez.

They think they parlay 4 fir Timmytime to a 2.

Whi h part of those do you fail to get?

You think, with over 15 million dollars in cap room owed to Sanchez Over the next two years.,.lthat the FO, that made a move for Haley as the Passing game coordinator.,,,is bailing on the 5 overall?

Good Luck with rhat

18. Hobbes3259

Tell th class how he's not your opening day QB troll....

19. TurkJetFan

Cap value vs cap hit are not the same thing. I'm not proposing cutting or trading Sanchez unless the team is able to drastically renegotiate his contract to put them in a position to move him. Which Sanchez may accept in the effort of leaving for a fresh start and an opportunity to resurrect his career.

I do not think Sanchez has a future in NY. I think Sanchez in a smaller marker could work and could be effective. Sanchez should not and will not be the starting QB of the NY Jets in 2013 even if it means them holding onto his cap value and him riding the bench to avoid the massive cap hit. In fact, the team may opt to eat the money against the cap if it means them being able to break clean. That's the bottom line. It's not happening. There will be no apology nor a reason to apologize. The book is closed on Sanchez in NY whether you'd like to accept it or not.

#79 TurkJetFan, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  20. TurkJetFan

This is pure speculation. But if we are to speculate I'd say we don't make both championship games with 10% of QB's at the time.