Tim Tebow opted out of wildcat

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

So the one thing he actually was good at, being a good teammate, is also a myth.

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow seems to be a better head coach and offensive coordinator than Rex and Sparano. Clearly, the wildcat has been a joke this year and side show.

Of course, this will be portrayed as Tebow being a bad teammate. The guy bulked up 20 lbs at his coach's request, got dissed by his own teammates and never said a word, played punt protector for a whole season, and now he's a bad teammate because he allegedly refused to be part of the dog and pony show.

People complained all year that Tebow coming in ruined Sanchez's rhythm. Now that he is not ruining McElroy's rhythm, the same people are vilifying him for it.

Laughable.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Does he have the right to be angry and upset. Yes. Does it give him the right to quit. No

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

He sucks, he's just another self-centered ungrateful NFL player. Fuck Tim Tebow. Fuck him. He was supposed to be different; his attitude was supposed to make up for the ridiculous pony show that is his following and the national media. Tebow=Holmes. He's a cancer.

#24 VanderbiltJets, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

He clearly reacted like a child, and he clearly didn't know that coming to the New York Jets meant coming to New York. He can't even handle what it takes to be a true teammate, much less an NFL Quarterback.

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Should be suspended next week

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think the laughable part of the day was that this was the most effective our wildcat had been all season.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Well no. People we complaining the WC which happened to have Tebow ruined Sanchez's groove. THe same people complained when Kerley came in after 3 McElroy completions in a row today and ran the WC.

And yes, you either day 1 say no I'm not going to run the WC or PP, let me be backup. Or you say yes and do it with a smile. You don't, after getting passed for the start, then say you aren't doing it. I do think the truth in this story is being stretched a little, but still not a good look for Tebow.

9. Mindtornado

Mindtornado New Member

Wow. Goes against everything he has "preached".

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I have lost respect for him, if he just showed up, did his JOB, get screwed over, and still did his JOB, he would have gain respect from me.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

He should had been suspended. Hell they should do it the next game. Sounds to me Tebow a cry baby. I lost some respect for him.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yeah right.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

If you do your job get screwed over and continue to do your job you are a fucking idiot no matter what your career

14. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If you were passed over for a promotion, would you be insubordinate? No, bad image and will get you fired.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yep, that's the way I look at it

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Agreed, got to send a message to the team, getting passed over DOES NOT give you the right to mutiny.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. catfish

catfish New Member

If I was told I was going to be laid off I wouldn't do a bit of work over what was strictly required of me. I certainly wouldn't be doing any extra work that could result in me being hurt and not being able to work in the future.

Tebow didn't just get "not promoted" he was informed he would be laid off. His job is backup QB and he did this game what every other backup QB in the league does every week. Why would he want to go in to a meaningless game for a team that is going to release him in the offseason and risk injury?

If he had refused to dress that would be one thing, but he basically just said if I am not going to be here next year I am not going above and beyond.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I would send him packing now. Let the media talk about that.

20. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

You know, Rex could have asked Tebow if he wanted to do the Wildcat and he said no.