Could you ever leave the Jets for another team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Dec 23, 2012.

?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2013.
  1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. No

217 vote(s)
    89.7%
  1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They just showed the story of a rabid, life long Bengals fan that got fed up with the Bengals and auctioned off his fandom on ebay. The highest bidder got to choose his new team and he would put all the proceeds towards NFL merchandise for the new team. The winning bid was $510 for him to be a Steelers fan.

And he did it. He's now a die hard Steelers fan and got to watch his team win a superbowl.

Do you think you could ever ditch the Jets and become a fan of another team? Especially a division rival? I don't think I could do it. As frustrating as it can be to watch the Jets owner and management make what seem to be ridiculous decisions I don't think I could ever just stop rooting for them.

It's just a part of me.

2. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Simple. Hell No. I didn't choose to be a Jets fan. I was raised into becoming a fan. Cheering for a different team wouldn't feel the same. Especially if it were the Dolphins or Pats

3. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

Only way I'd stop being a Jets fan is if they moved to another location. I wouldn't switch to the Giants. I'd probably pick the Bucs or some other mediocre team.

4. Lo_gan_7

Lo_gan_7 Member

I don't really have a favorite football team, but I couldn't picture myself trading allegiance from my baseball team no. That said, the dude was dealing with the Bengals, it doesn't get much worse than that in sports .

5. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

It's just a game, it's not like it's me winning. I think people forget that when they root for their team and say "we" and "us" as if they are suited up on the field. I'll root for them no matter what and wish them to do well and their futility isn't such a bad thing; it makes the journey that much better and when they finally get there that much more satisfying.

6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I look at it this way. The jets are that one girlfriend that constantly fucks other guys behind your back, yet you refuse to leave her for some extremely stupid and illogical reason.

We live for the pain, and if you can't take the heat.... Then get the fuck out.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

If this team left Tanny at GM and say, signed Mike Vick... I would probably think about changing teams, but in the end I would still be a Jets fan. Born and raised...

If the above happened it would surely turn me off and I would definitely care less about the team as a whole but would still be a Jets fan.

8. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

If Leon Hess and his dislike for dirty bathrooms didn't cause you to leave, then you're stuck with the Jets for the rest of your life. :)

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Me too...... when all the stadium shenanigans were going on and talks of LA were mentioned I thought of this...... If that were the case I'd probably end up just being a "NFL football fan" with no strong allegiance, and casually root for the JAGS, simply because they're local and alot of my friends are into them but it would never be the same.

haha. sad but true

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

bwahahaha..... :shit:

11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I think if the franchise reallllllly got that bad I'd probably just become a very uninvolved and uninterested Jets fan, but not necessarily a fan of another team.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I root for other teams now, the only thing I do when the Jets don't do well is not watch, but to leave them outright, never!

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I could never root for another team. Just wouldn't be the same. Even playing as a different team in Madden makes me feel weird.

14. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Haha I can play as another team in Madden just cant play against the Jets cause I don't wanna see them lose :up:

15. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I never chose to root for the Jets, I was raised by my mother and father to be a Jets fan. My first baby bottle was a Jets bottle. My first baseball cap wasn't a Yankees or Mets cap, it was a Jets cap. I could NEVER see myself being a "diehard" fan of any other team other than the New York Football Jets.

As much as I say "I hate them" or "I'm done." Or other stuff about them, I'll never root for another team the way I do for the Jets. It's legit love. Cal me a loser, call me weird, whatever. It's only a sports team that I have nothing to do with, but to me.. The Jets are a part of my family.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If you were just coming to America and had no affiliation with any NFL team, but you checked out all 32 teams, I wonder which team would get picked to become a fan of?

If you're just a band wagon jumper, than probably the Pack, 9'rs, Pats, ect.

But if you're in it for the entertainment value, you GOT to go J-E-T-S JETS!

17. allan1

allan1 Active Member

The only way would be if the Jets fold as a franchise and give me no other choice

18. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Love the Jets & no matter how much this team loses or how many times they break my heart, I won't switch. Became a diehard Jets fan the year of the Mud Bowl which kinda shows I'm an idiot when it comes to picking teams.

What I'd never accept though is if the franchise turned it's eyes away from immoral behavior to win games. Think it's easier for me to give examples instead of speaking so abstractly.

These are all HYPOTHETICAL scenarios that would make me really consider leaving the Jets.
    1. Player drives drunk & kills somebody but is still supported by the Jets organization. Jets make no effort to trade or cut this player afterwards.
    2. convicted rapist/murderer released from jail is signed. Fuck that. Don't wanna cheer for this guy's success. He can play on somebody else's team.
    3. Owner does something that just shows really low morals. Like when Clippers told their assistant coach they refused to cover surgery to help fight prostate cancer. Coach got lucky that the players on team roster pitched in to pay for it.

Another requirement for me to stay Jets fan:
    - Jets MUST stay in the NY metro area. If they go to LA, Oklahoma City, etc. I'm out. They can bounce around wherever they want but they need to be within the NY/NJ tristate area.

====
    That fan that sold his fandom is pathetic. As far as I'm concerned, losing & incompetent management is not a valid reason to change your teams.

#18 ajax, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  19. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

I was contemplating whether or not I could turn into a Giants fan as this season progressed, but I simply don't like them and Eli is a fucktard. Part of being a good fan is liking your shitty team, it makes it all the sweeter when they turn it around and all the bandwagon assholes start rolling in.

I will stop rooting for a team that leaves the city, though, bye bye Islanders!

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I couldn't root for another team besides the Jets, but I certainly could take a long break from rooting FOR the Jets or really paying attention TO the Jets.