Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Watching the last 0:47 of the Houston game, I can see why Houston lost:

1. They left Tomlinson open the first two times. Remember when Sanchez used to actually check down? Checkdowns, of course, are almost always available against the prevent.
    2. They played zone in the pivotal play. Nice throw, but the book on him since has been to use man coverage and roll safeties to where he's looking.
    3. He threw the ball really early to Santonio. Total trust play on 1 read. Too bad no defenses let him have just a single read anymore.

Credit where it's due. He made 2 really nice throws. But the NFL has caught up to him big-time. There's a book out on him now and this is where the real work of a QB comes in. He hasn't done the work to evolve.

2. NewYorkEveryThing

Remember when sanchez used to escape the pocket and throw the ball or run out of bounds.. What happen to that guy?

#4582 NewYorkEveryThing, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  3. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the myth that sanchez was good in 2009 needs to die. We are talking about a guy who in just 365 throws was picked off 20 times and who had a league low 67 QB rating.

it was arguably his worst season, including this year

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you do realize the jets needed to score a td with 55 seconds left because mark sanchez threw an interception that led to a field goal to put the texans up by 4 right?

oh btw check this out...

[youtube]xxa-InE0COU[/youtube]

5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Sanchez Apologists Answer This Honestly

This Jets team is 6-8 and we have a top ten defense and top ten run game. Our O-line is solid, our secondary played lights out with Revis gone. Our receiving corps is admittedly not very good but injuries to Keller and Holmes hurt us. Let's assume we got Peyton Manning this year. Do you think we're still a 6-8 team? Everything else the same, but Peyton Manning behind center.

IMO If we had Peyton we're a 12 win team, if we had Joe Flacco we're a 10 win team.

In reality we had the worst QB in the NFL and that's why we're 6-8, if his play was even on Fitzpatrick's level we're going to the playoffs.

6. Swampdonkey

Swampdonkey Banned

Team is a legit title contender with Peyton behind center

7. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

We would be 10-6 with Manning, and we would have split the Patriots series.

Being a Sanchez apologist should be illegal tbh

8. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

drinking the kool-aid

maybe it would be 15 wins w/ Brady????

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

First off - I am not a Sanchez apologist.
    I think you are grossly overrating our running game. It is not that good. Our o-line is pretty fucking awful. Even Mangold who I love has had a down year. Our secondary had played decent not lights out, our pass d looks good because teams have been able to run on us effectively when they have gotten leads, no need to throw.

Peyton would never have come here in a million years because of our coaching staff and complete lack of offensive talent. But to answer your fantasyland question - we might have been able to win 10 games, if Peyton was given free reign to run his offense and call his plays.

Flacco sucks almost as bad as Sanchez we probably have the same record with him as well as Fitzpatrick.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are going to allow 2,000 yards rushing this year. That's not the hallmark of a playoff team let alone a 12 win team. The only team that allowed 2,000 yards rushing that made the playoffs last year was Denver at 8-8. In 2010 it was the Colts at 10-6 with Peyton Manning. In 2009 the Colts again.

2,000 yards rushing allowed is generally a no-go for a team. Even if the Jets had had a decent QB there is no way they are a good team this year. The linebackers got old and capped the season. Sanchez and the offense sucked and that cap became 7 or 8 wins instead of 9 or 10.

For the Jets to win 12 games they'd have needed Peyton Manning behind center, even then it might have been 10.

11. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'd say we beat the Patsies, win the Texans game, sweep the fish, and beat Tennessee.

Probably 10-4 at this point. Shit. If we had a quarterback that just didn't suck we'd likely be 8-6 with a good shot at the playoffs.

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Honestly, the team could easily have won 9-11 games this season based on the schedule alone.

We weren't going to be a magical 12 and higher win team, but there is no reason to think that we were going to struggle to get 7 or more wins.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Coming out of camp I thought the Jets were a 7 to 9 win team and I was pretty happy about that because I thought the other strong possibility going into camp was 4-12 or so.

There were a lot of issues on the team this year. The QB situation was not good after the collapse at the end of last year and the lack of seriousness in addressing the offense overall. The linebackers were old. Like over 30 leg slow old. The receivers were a pretty sorry group that didn't even fit together well with the two best guys wanting to play the same role in Holmes and Kerley. The injuries to the weak group in camp were almost across the board.

Then you had a couple of key injuries. There's no way this team was winning double digit games short of having Peyton Manning or Tom Brady behind center.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'll counter with this... Let's say two years ago the Jets choose Braylon Edwards over Holmes. With hindsight as our guide, I think not only is Sanchez still starting, but we aren't having half of the conversations we are now having.

My scenario and the op scenario both qualify as coulda shoulda woulda.

Fire Mike T.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

would we have a better record with a better qb?

tough question

16. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

The defense would even be better had they not been on the field due to so many damn 3 and outs.

17. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It's indisputable that with even below average QB play the Jets win the Houston and Titan game, which puts them at 8-6. We could debate about other games, but obviously the OT game in New England comes to mind as a game that decent QB play wins for us, never goes to OT, which puts us at a minimum of 9-5.

18. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Sanchez is not a good dropback Peyton or Tom Brady kind QB. He is at his best when we have a downhill running game, and his playaction pass could be lethal. The cheap offensive staff just doesn't have a clue how to design plays. Think about it this way: if we let Sanchez play McElroy's playbook, we will be a 9+ wins team.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont understand why everyone forgets that fact... he really wasnt very good in 2010 either.

he has never been good, he is not good and he will probably not ever be good.

20. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

You are obsessed with these so called Sanchez apologists, yet they are (if any) in the great minority on this forum. You need to relax and roll with the punches.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.