Jets will try to trade Sanchez per Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

If we got a conditional pick and salary cap relief, we should do it in a heartbeat, and I think such a deal is out there.

However, I woulds be greatly surprised if this FO does that.
    History has shown us that this FO is stubborn (Bart Scott should not still be on the team) impetuous (Tebow) and slow to react (Wayne Hunter)

I fully expect Sanchez to be on the team next year

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Pete Carol may think he can fix Sanchez and Flynn will demand a trade after being promised the starting job and getting dicked over. Im just exploring our options im not saaying any of this is possible because most of it isn't

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the only team I can think of that would even remotely consider Sanchez for a starting gig would be Minnesota. they are a decent QB away from being a good team.

Ponder is absolute garbage, and with a great running game and good defense they could look at what they have as comparable to what Sanchez had his first two seasons with us and believe he is, at the least, an upgrade to Ponder that improves the team next year.

other than that, no team is going to trade for him even to be a back up, especially good teams like San Fran and Seattle. and Arizona has had such bad QB play they don't have the luxury of taking a chance with a proven failure under the hopes that they can somehow turn him around when they haven't been able to coach up a single QB since Warner retired. their fans would revolt if, when in desperate need of a QB just to keep Fitzgerald happy, they go and get Sanchez.

4. JetBlue

why the hell would Carol give a shit about fixing Sanchez when he has a proven starter in Wilson and obviously wouldn't give a shit how well Sanchez played? that isn't even an option because it makes zero sense.

5. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

You forgot the superglue to glue Suckchez to the bench, I'm sure the cost of superglue fits under the cap ; )

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So if Sanchez gets traded, how does the money breakdown work? We would obviously pay some of it off, but what is the absolute minimum a team would owe him next year assuming they paid it in full (which I know they won't)?

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

In the NFL draft, Carol has passed over players that were under him while he was @ USC. Unfortunately for us, he's not a sentimental fool. Sanchez is getting no brownie points for their earlier relationship.

Also, Seahawks are developing a young QB right now as their starter. Because of the development needed in their starter, I think they avoid a major reconstruction project for their backup QB.

Young starting QB needing development & broken scrub QB as backup who needs to be built back up ... is something that the Jets would do & it's not normal across the league.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Yea I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. Carrol is a shrewd guy and a great talent evaluator he can spot an opportunity with undervalued player for sure. I can see Carrol trading Wilson while his stock is still high and picking up Sanchez on the low. He's always spoken well of Sanchez in interviews, a reunion can definitely be in orer.

9. Ted

Ted Member

Subtract whatever amount a gaining team would pay from 17.15 mil and thats the number. The 17.15 mil is based on 8.9 mil off the top then 8.25 for his salary.

Yes it counts against the cap.

10. JetBlue

can we finally ban this fucking retard? if there was any doubt whether he was trolling or not, this should eliminate it. teams don't trade proven QB's to take a chance on a bad QB just because the value in obtaining them is low. that is as fucking asinine as saying that the Pats should trade Brady now while his value is high.

11. BroadwayAaron

I guess what I mean is what would the team trading FOR Sanchez be responsible for... the $8.25 mil that he is guaranteed minus whatever we pay or the full $17 mil minus whatever we pay?

12. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

No he doesn't. Pete Carrol was against Sanchez leaving for the draft early. Why would he try to fix somebody who wouldn't listen to him and he doesn't like.

13. Ted

Ted Member

The gaining team has the upper hand in the negotiation between the two teams but I wouldn't think that number is more then 2 mil. Most likely trading him will actually cost more then cutting him after June 1.

The Jets are on the hook for 8.9 plus the difference of the gaining teams amount of the 8.25 paid. In other words if the Cards agreed to pay 2 mil of his salary:

8.9 + 6.25 = 15.15 mil

#193 Ted, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  14. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

What are you smoking?

Pete Carrol would literally have to be a vegetable to even consider trading Wilson (a candidate for rookie of the year) for Sanchez.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i agree that no way the Seahawks trade Wilson...But saying he is proven is equally retarded. He doesn't even have 1 full year under his belt. Are you saying Wilson is as proven as Brady???

16. BroadwayAaron

Got it. Thank you. So it's smarter salary wise to keep him and just have him ride the pine?

#196 BroadwayAaron, Dec 20, 2012
  17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Can you guys stop calling other people retarded please? Thank you.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

again, you cant fix something that isnt broke. getting sanchez to no longer suck would be like getting you or I to be solind NFL quarterbacks.

sanchez is terrible, not broken

19. JetBlue

of course he is not as proven as Brady, but he is proving to be pretty damn good. the idea that any coach would abandon a rookie QB that is good, and can continue to develop, simply because his value is high, to pick up a proven bad QB with a low value, is just asinine.

so Brady is a bad example. why not Andrew Luck? the Colts should trade Luck now, since his value is high, and get Sanchez because his value is low. that is what teams do -- trade QB's simply because their value is high, not stick with those good QB's.

Wilson has proven himself as much as Luck this year, and most any other successful rookie QB in the past. so, to even remotely defend your position that he isn't proven the only argument you can make is that no rookie QB is ever proven just by their rookie performance, and the counter to that is it may not be an absolute proof of definite continued future performance, but from just the single season it is undoubtable.

#199 JetBlue, Dec 20, 2012
  20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

wilson has played 10 times better as a rookie then sanchez has in his best season.