Jets will try to trade Sanchez per Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

It will be easier said than done to get a trade ... Nobody is going to want that contract much less a QB that has significantly fallen off and seems to be damaged goods psychologically.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The way we trade Sanchez is to give him a make-over.

Groom some threads from TGG, and put it on Sports Center:

1- Sanchez super talent that was thrown into fire from day one
    2- Carried the Jets to not one, but 2 AFC Championship Games in his first 2 years
    3- Never developed, coddled, thrown under buss by Head coach
    4- Receiver talent allowed to evaporate
    5- O-Line talent allowed to evaporate, relied on Wayne fucking Hunter for protection

6- Needs change of scenery, a few weapons, and solid coaching to become next Tom Brady.

That should do it.

Ohhhh...and someone needs to delete all the 'Butt Fumble' videos from YouTube.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is the truth. The Jets path to actually trading Sanchez goes one of two ways: either take somebody else's cap-killing damaged goods in return or package something of really significant value alongside Sanchez for very little in return.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Trade Sanchez to Seattle for Matt Flynn, Matt Flynn has a ton of potential. Sanchez would go and compete with Wilson for the Starting job but end up being the backup.Or we could trade him to Arizona but they don't have much to offer us as far as any QB's,Probably get a second round pick from them though. The Cardnials are desperate for a QB and they probably will fall into the Sanchez trap thinking they can fix him. Then you have Kansas City who would likely pass on him they have a high pick in the draft and they don't need another turnover machine.I could see Jaxonville taking a flyer on him ,Personally i think trading him to the 49ers for Alex Smith makes sense for both party's involved. Hardbaugh might be the only coach in the league who can fix Sanchez but Sanchez might want to be a starter and he isn't gonna be a starter over there. Then there's teams like the Raiders who might want to move on from Carlson Palmer and bring in Sanchez to compete for the job. Maybe we can convince them to trade McFadden for Sanchez and a second round pick........?lol prolly not........No matter where we trade him to we are not gonna get much in return.....What a shitty investment Sanchez is

#164 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

why would seattle trade flynn for sanchez? flynn is better and i believe younger also.

why would arizona want to add a terrible Q to the 3 terrible QBs they already have?

Why would san fran prefer an awful sanchez to a solid alex smith who they already know can excel in their system?

i could see the raiders doing it... if al davis was still around

6. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I think he was being sarcastic ... but to expect anything more than a conditional 6th round pick for him is beyond realistic in my opinion.

7. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

arizona may want to dump kevin kolb. that might be a reason.
    similar with fitzpatrick or cassel. honestly, the only way we trade him is to get back a contract just as terrible.

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the thing is, if you are a team with a bad overpaid QB, the last thing you want is a worse, overpaid QB. you want to move in a new positive direction. not the same/worse direction.

That would be like us wanting to sign jamarcus russell to a 40M contract.

9. NEJets

NEJets Member

No one in right mind would take him.

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

That's the truth. Even when comparing Sanchez against most teams backup QBs. He might catch on in mid-season next year depending on QB injuries and the like.

11. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Not a bad idea. Put Revis in as part of the package deal. I'll admit he is probably the best corner in the league, but his contract disputes and injuries are enough to let him go if it means Sanchez is gone with a little salary space.

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

With Revis' injury and huge contract demands, I doubt you will get anything that would merit trading your best player.

2 huge contracts + one looming expensive one (Revis) + 1 mediocre at best QB = not good leverage for a trade

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

no one is going to take on his contract and no way sanchez takes a trade to just get paid less.

He will stay and come into an open QB competition with a new offensive staff -- clean slate with the coaches.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Sanchez is hot garbage & everybody across the league knows it. Even if the Jets do manage to trade him, nothing useful is coming back. If you want to unload Sanchez & get back something useful then you better include an early pick or somebody close to the all-pro (or even better).

With Sanchez salary, I've got doubts you can even trade him straight up for a 7th rounder.

15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Good point, the reality is that regardless of the Sanchez fiasco they are likely going to have to ship either Revis or Cro anyway so why not try to add suckchez to the deal. If you assume whoever takes him will use him as a back up (which for arguments sake would cost a team $2mm or so) then the team taking this deal has to factor in $6mm excess they'll pay sanchez over his free market value as a back up into the cost of doing a new deal for Revis, if its him. If its Cro I don't see it but stranger things have happened. Would you pay $6mm extra over the course of a new contract to lock up a shut down corner that could be the difference between making the SB or not or making it and winning it or not. I think you do it if your team is that kind of player away. Its possible!

16. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

anyone know when trades start so i can start counting down the days?

17. benhamean

benhamean Member

:rofl:

Sure, he could speed up the rate of his career death and reduce his suffering!

18. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

This would have been a much better read if you had left the periods out...:rofl:

19. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Here's what we have to do:
    -suck it up and keep Sanchez
    -draft a top-flight RB in round 1 or 2 to rotate with Bilal Powell
    -Cut the dead weight (Scott, Pace)
    -Bring in a Big Mauler guard in the first two rounds along with the RB
    -Sign a journeyman LB to replace Pace, start Davis in place of Scott
    -Bring back Thomas on vet minimum to rotate with Mauga
    -Lock down Landry
    -Bring in Matt Moore/ Jason Campbell to compete with Sanchez and McElroy

We'd go into next season with an elite defense (Revis Cro Landry in the secondary, Wilk Davis and Coples with more XP) and a smashmouth, conservative offense with a WR corps of Holmes, Braylon, Hill, Kerley.

The goal being to win game 17-14, 20-17, 21-14, etc.

After next year cut loose Holmes and Sanchez. Draft a QB to build around and start over.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Your kidding right?