Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It sure would be nice to have an offensive genius on our side for a change

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My dreams are coming true. This should be merged with my thread dammit haha. Bring Norv Turner in, get a new GM and rebuild this OFFENSE in 2013. I don't see us being a good team next year anyway. 2014 we bring in the new QB under the new GM and OC. Jets will be back in the hunt

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

In case you all haven't noticed, Norv hasn't looked like such a genius in San Diego over the past few years without Tomlinson, Sproles, Jackson, and with Gates looking like a shell of his former self.

The biggest obstacle to the Jets success remains a lack of offensive talent. Until we bring in decent players, no coach is going to magically turn this into a top unit.

4. 101GangGreen101

It won't happen overnight of course, we will need to be patient until we infuse the offense with talent using Norv's system. Get players that fit the scheme and take it from there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If the JETS could land a strong GM with good football & personnel sense that can keep a leash on REX, teaming him up with Norv could be a very good combo on the football field. It's whether their personalities will mesh is a bigger issue.

Of course a new GM will most likely want a whole new crew, but I see this combo working well, and keeping Rex will prevent having to rebuild both sides of the ball. Maybe reassign Tanny, and bring in a new player personnel guy to help with draft & scouting, and let MT just crunch numbers instead of playing real life fantasy football.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I would not mind having Norv Turner either but we need talent guys, and if MT survives, and I think he will, we are going to be in the same mess, I really don't think things are going to get better until we get a true football guy as GM.

Rex is going to be MT's scapegoat, and I believe MT will tell Woody, Rex wanted G&P and I gave him the players to implement his strategy, it obviously has not worked so we need to get rid of him.

I'm sad to say but the circus will not leave town, I don't see this combination of owner ship and GM making the right decisions for the Jets.

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Could Rivers be convinced to follow Norv in a trade? It probably couldn't happen until 2014 once Sanchez's cap hit is only 4 mil.

With the Jets defense Rivers and Norv could be a hell of a tandem in NY.

8. stinkyB

He's turned it over almost as bad as Sanchez...... an "off" year, maybe?

9. 101GangGreen101

If Norv comes to town, fans better be fucking patient. Give Norv 2 years, this offense will actually make sense - if he can turnaround Alex Smith's career, imagine what he can do with a young pupil that was drafted by the GM in 2014? Get a veteran QB, this defense will still be in it's prime. Could be back before you guys know it.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Cool if we could get Aikmen, Smith and Irvin to sign on for next year we would be set.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Now THIS would be AWESOME!

I love this move. Not sold on the Vick move, but if we were to bring in Alex Smith, I think norv could have a field day with him at the helm. We NEED to go out and sign or draft the right pieces to allow him to work his magic.

Norv Turner running the offense.
    Rex Ryan running the defense.

Wow. That could be scary!

12. dr.velociraptor

After years of Shotty and one disastrous year of perhaps the most inept OC in football history Sparano, I can't believe people would be down on Norv Turner coming here to run the offense. Amazing! Same guys who didn't want a trade for MJD and Peyton Manning for various unintelligible reasons.

13. Falco21

I don't think their personalities would clash. Norv loves Ryan and Ryan loves Norv. I think they would compliment each other tremendously.

14. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Norv will probably only want to come here if he gets to coach Sanchez

he's a west coast guy probably watched Sanchez all of his career, salivating at the possibility of working with Mark.

15. stinkyB

give it a rest......

16. 101GangGreen101

He can try and salvage Mark if he so chooses to. If Norv believes he can fix Mark, then in 2013 give it a try and have an open competition. If it doesn't then he can bring in someone else that next year.

17. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Are these Sanchez lovers looking for Norv to come in and save him?

We need an overhaul of the entire roster, not Norv Turner. He makes no sense for what we need to do next season. Rebuild. Rebuild. Rebuild.

18. dr.velociraptor

Sanchez is done in NY guys, no one is coming in to "fix him" he won't start another game for the Jets. A move will be made at QB in 2013, Sanchez will be here because of his 8.5 mil guarantee and cap hit, but he won't start, doubt he even sees time as the backup.

19. 101GangGreen101

Mark is going to be here next year guys, sorry to admit it. No point in eating ALL of that cap space. Let Norv come in here and establish some credibility on offense. If he wants to start Mark then so be it, I trust Norv offensively, then any other coach the Jets have had in the past decade!

My opinion? I'd rather have Mark sit on the bench (No way should the Jets eat up all that cap space - bad idea) and let McElroy give it all he has the next year, then if it doesn't work draft someone in 2014.

20. Falco21

People hate him in New York. That is obvious. There are sources now saying that he, himself, might be looking to be traded. The guy doesn't want to be here. Reality has struck him and he knows he won't become anything here. He had 4 years with tons of chances to do that, yet never suceeded. He wants out and the Jets organization wants him out