Jets will try to trade Sanchez per Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Dec 19, 2012.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I would love to see someone bite on this. That organization would have to be dumber then the NY Jets

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Why would any team give up assets for Sanchez? Let alone when they know that, at best, he will be cut before the start of the 2014 season anyway, if not sooner. You can get him for no assets and probably sign him for way cheaper then his current contract.

Sure you can't be 100% sure he will sign with your team...but who cares? He's mediocre at best anyway.

3. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

They can try all they want but Sanchez with his 8.5 million dollar salary has about as much trade value as Matt Cassell right now.

4. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

What a cluster fvck this team is. Not only will they try to trade him, I read this morning he may beat them to the punch and request a trade. So 2 of the 3 qb's on the roster are dying to get out.....

5. dr.velociraptor

And 2 out of the 3 QB's desperately need to go, possibly all three after these last two games.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Are you retarded? Look at the 2 guys that are trying to get out:

Tim Tebow - who is no where near the caliber of an NFL quarterback.
    Mark Sanchez - I don't even need to comment on him.

7. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

No, I'm not retarded, but thanks for being an a-hole. So are you trying to say that QB is the only issue on the team? Yeah, that's what I thought.

8. dr.velociraptor

Yeah that was out of left field, I read it and was like "WTF? Where did that come from?", a little harsh with the retard comment...

9. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

Thank God!!! I hope this source is right. I want NOTHING to do with Vick. I can't understand why anyone here would want to trade one turnover machine at quarterback for another? If Vick were brought in, it would simply be a continuation of the embarrassing shit show that's transpired over the past several years. Plus, you can count on more mediocre football, at best!

10. Falco21

Wtf is wrong with you? Of course there are other issues on this team, but if you think this organization is a mess because Sanchez and Tebow want out, then you are completely clueless. Tebow probably should have never even been brought here and Sanchez is TERRIBLE! So we have one QB who doesn't belong here and one who sucks major ass.

There is no logic in your statements. If a guy like Manning came here and wanted out, then ok. Obviously something is wrong, but Tebow and Sancheese? Come on man

11. Falco21

LMAO! :up:

12. Falco21

Which side said this? Vick or the Jets source? LOL

13. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I can see you're being totally irrational, so I'm not even going to go back and forth here.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I dont want vick here. for both football reasons and ethical reasons.

Football: he cant stay healthy, and even when he is, he isnt really the game manager type. id rather have a guy i can count on to play every sunday and who protects the football

Ethical: obviously, the killing dogs thing. i could never root for him or the team if he was here.

15. jerseyjay14

why would arizona want sanchez? they already have 3 bad qbs. why would they want a 4th one?

16. dr.velociraptor

Vick is an a**, I love dogs and couldn't root for him either, he's a P.O.S.

Not to mention it would just be another year of the Jets traveling road show. No more lightning rods for controversy here please.

#136 dr.velociraptor, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  17. jerseyjay14

NY toughest place to play quarterback? what a joke. he has been the toast of the town and been babied for 4 straight seasons. he has gotten more chances, and failed miserably each time, then any pro NY athlete in my liftime.

go somewher else and succeed? sure, if that somewhere else is the wall street corporate flag football league

18. jerseyjay14

1) they would have to take sanchez, and the money he is owed

2) holmes also makes a ton and is coming off a major injury.

they would laugh at us

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

One small point on several posts made in this thread.

I dont think we need to hear even one more time a Sanchez Fan say they think he will succeed somewhere else. Jet Fans only care about whether he should stay or go. If he should go, which I think the vast majority of Jet Fans believe, and he does go, who gives a shit what happens to him?

You don't have people posting here about they hope or expect so and so on some other team does well, or that a trade works out to a player's favor. Unless it's a player coming to the Jets, of course. Otherwise, who cares???

Sanchez should go. What he does next I couldn't care less about, and frankly if I had to speculate, which on the whole is probably a complete waste of time, I would think it more likely he's out of the league by 14.

Enough already.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think the only way some other team takes Sanchez is if the Jets eat some of his contract, actually most of his contract. I saw a mention in the Times yesterday that one concept is you negotiate a change in his contract to convert salary to a bonus. That way any team taking him does not have to pay most of that ridiculous salary.

Next year, the team that takes him can renegotiate his contract since it will not be guaranteed past 13.

If this basic concept is correct, and the Jets are prepared, as they should be, to see that money as a sunk cost, this might work.