As a Jets Fan, Where do you want Mark Sanchez in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 19, 2012.

?

Where Do You Want Mark Sanchez?

1. Starting Quarterback of the New York Jets

13.1%
  2. On the bench, in a back-up role.

40.8%
  3. OFF the roster. (Take the Cap Hit)

46.0%
  1. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I picked that he'll be starting; not because I want him too, but because I believe he will be. I don't think McElroy is the answer, and I don't see how we can improve the position. I think he'll win the competition for the starting job in TC... sadly.

2. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

I think he as trade value... going into 2014. He'll ride the pine in the meantime which, quite frankly, could be the best thing for him.

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Pretty cool that after all that has gone on, 10% still want him to start. That is loyalty!

5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

On a team we play twice. That will be at least 5 turnovers over the 2 games if he starts.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Same exact thinking here. Do I want him on the team? No. But cap wise and just being realistic and not reacting purely on emotion it's a bad idea to cut him now. We take Sanchez, McElroy, bring in a retread vet/pick from 2013 draft for cheap all into training camp and see what happens.

McElroy or the low cost guy we bring in is starter. We ride out the season and see what happens and then cut Sanchez when it works better from a cap perspective. If McElroy proves himself as a starter then we have our starter and just need to sign a legit backup next offseason. If he proves himself to be a backup then we draft a new QB in the 2014 draft. Should be a high enough pick if McElroy sucks, if he's just good enough to put us in a shitty draft position then we'll be screwed even more.

Barring a miracle this could be a "sets us back four of five years" type scenario, unfortunately.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Keep him only if he is #3 inactive, or take the cap hit. There are other teams well below the cap that manage to field a decent team.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

the cap hit concept no doubt has led some to vote for the backup concept. But I think there is a way to minimize the cap hit.

I don't want to see him on the team anymore, let alone take another snap. Goodbye and good riddance.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

They have to get him off the team because it's obvious in an open competition he will be our starter next year.

The coaches haven't been lying to us our QB situation is that bad.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Backup role. He's the type of guy I could see not playing for a while and then coming in when you least expect and lighting it up. He's gotten 4 playoff wins, might as well keep him around, but that's only if he renegotiates his contract. I don't want a huge cap hit for no reason this year.

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

this applies to my vote. Cap hit is the only reason I chose backup. If Sanchez salary was cut in half, I'd say cut his ass on the field & ship him everything in his locker via UPS. If Jet just ate his salary & cut him, I'd be ecstatic but I've got doubts they'd be that bold.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I disagree with your take on this. I think Sanchez has been starting this far for three reasons. Ohe is his contract. They have so much invested in him that the team felt they wanted to stick with him far longer than they would have otherwise.

Second is Ryan was not going to start Tebow no matter what, and Tebow was ahead of McElroy on the depth chart mostly because of how much HE is making.

Third is all reports indicate that Muck practices much better than he plays on Sunday.

But on the third one, it was clear before the end of last season he collapses in the games.

Take it all together, and those factors tend to argue against a pure football decision having been made that McElroy has no upside. I think in fact he does.

I hope I'm right, and ftr I am off next week so I don't expect to post here hardly at all, if at all, whether McElroy falls on his face or not.

13. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

yes, addition by subtraction. We need to completely rebuild in 2013.

Sanchez gone
    Pace gone
    B Thomas gone
    Pouha gone/resigned to vet min
    Keller gone
    Scott gone
    Y Bel gone
    Landry gone
    Holmes gone
    Greene gone
    Revis TRADED

14. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Why?? He is firggin terrible. He could never win a legitimate open QB competition with almost anyone we would draft in the first three rounds, nor McElroy who would have one one in THIS YEAR's training camp.

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sanchez absolutely sucks but from all accounts both in Denver and NY Tebow can't run a practice and Mcelroy is not an NFL prospect as a franchise QB. He may well be an adequate backup but get real the coaches have been honest about this all year. We just can't believe our eyes that it could be true.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, he'll be the starter and the fans will be in a foul mood from day one. They definitely have to find a way to move him.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you are right then Rex should be fired today. I don't believe Rex Ryan, who has his dream job would put his football life on the line for politics. No Owner who wants to build a winning football program would tolerate a HC who isn't going to play his best hand.

I don't believe Rex Ryan lacks the balls to tell it like it is when his career is on the line.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

We need to rebuild the offense not the defense. The defense is the one good thing about this team. Landry and Revis stay. Our secondary would be #1. Cromartie might become an unfortunate casualty of the cap, though. Greene or Keller will be back. Don't forget you can cut Eric Smith and the linesmen Smith and save money there as well. I think Bell might sign cheap. On defense all we need is young linebackers, everything else is good to go. On offense, we need to try and find a gem running back. I think Holmes stays. Obviously we stick with Kerley and Hill. We should bring in another. We also have to beef up the oline, Moore will be gone, we'll need depth. We should draft a guard and tackle in the early 3 rounds. I think Keller will end up staying. We have to draft a QB, unless we do sign somebody. I don't think we can afford it unless Sanchez renegotiates that contract. He hasn't come close to living up to it.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Surely Buffalo Bill fans wish that were the case. They haven't beaten a Mark Sanchez led offense since his rookie year :rofl:

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's just dumb and a huge over reaction. Some guys need to go (Scott, Thomas and couldn't care about Pace either) but no way they get rid of all of those guys, especially considering dead money issues for some of them (obviously Sanchez first and foremost).

I would keep Keller, Landry, Holmes and one of Revis/Cromartie. I hope they upgrade the RB position but if not then I think they go into next season with Greene/Powell treating them a bit more like a 1A/1B type scenario. Sanchez stays because we won't be able to trade him and it costs way too much to cut him so they will just have to keep him inactive and pay his salary and cut him next year.