Norv Turner Is Open To Being Jets OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

More good news, We might be trading Sanchez and Norv Turner has said he is intrested in the OC job if Sparano is fired!

#1 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

What is this fascination with Norv Turner?!?!? First we need a new GM and head coach.

3. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

We havent had a decent oc in a long time.

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The article doesn't explicitly say he's interested. Though I guess you really wouldn't say anything now.

If that's true, Sporano needs to just...go. Plain and simple.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

a year too late.

6. LongIslandBlitz

Well he did go out of his way to say how much respect he has for Rex and he probably is the best OC choice for us no matter who the QB is one things for sure Sparano needs to be the first one out the door, then Sanchez, then The QB Coach Matt Cavanaugh then possibly Mr T, although I see Mr.T staying if Sanchez and Sparano both go, The Sanchez thing is gonna create a huge cap mess and who better to fix it then the cap nerd himself

7. major33

You shouldn't even be thinking about an OC right now. First we need a new GM and then a new head coach. Let them decide on the OC and the type of team they want to build. Then we need new players, lots of them.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

How can everybody be so certain that Rex Ryan has to go? He has been here for 4 fucking years! He is the 2nd best coach we have ever had in franchise history, and yes those two back to back AFCCG's MEAN SOMETHING. It means that when he has a talented team we can go deep. I'm starting to lose it with people's shortsightedness. He definitely has things to improve upon, but the jury is not yet out. Such a knee-jerk fanbase, people can't stand to see the same guy at the helm for more than 4 years. That's part of the Jets chronic shittiness. New York fans are some of the worst I must say. Sure, hire some other asshole that we can bitch and moan about for the next 4 years and then we'll can his ass too.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This would be amazing if true, he is one of the best offensive minds in the game, I always felt that if Rex and Norv ever got together, the Jets could be dominate.

With that said, we need to give Norv more playmakers to work with, what we have now isnt enough.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

people are morons, where were these idiots between 98 and 09? how did they survive 11 years with no afc championship games?

11. LongIslandBlitz

youve read my mind, We need Rex id hate to see him go its way to soon to pull the plug on Rex, There is things he needs to work on I feel like he had to much success to soon and it made him start thinking he was the greatest coach ever. He needs to take a step back and be the Rex he was year 1 again.Bill Belichik had a trio of losing garbage seasons before the Patriots and even his first year there was horrible.Look at Tom Coughlin those two years we went to back to back AFC's the Giants missed the playoffs both those years then came back to win it all. Its way to soon to get rid of Rex , None of the great teams in the league change coaches every 4 years espeically coaches that have taken you deep in the playoffs twice in 4 years.It would be a big mistake

#11 LongIslandBlitz, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Steelers 3 coaches in Super Bowl era. Most dominate team. Giants, "fire coughlin", giants held ground against fans, the result was a super bowl win.

People who want coaching changes every year should go become raiders fans, go enjoy 10 or so straight non winning seasons.

13. LongIslandBlitz

Rex made history here, Rex can't change Mark Sanchez charecter and heart, your born with that

14. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Ryan is a defensive genius and needs to stay. What they desperately need is an offensive genius and I welcome Turner. But no Vick or Flynn or Cousins. McElroy - 2013!!!!

15. major33

I've been a Jets fan since 77.

Tanny bought him a good team the first two years and the rest were holdovers from Mangini. Now, when they have no money to spend and they actually have to judge young talent, they have no freaking clue. Going forward we need to build through the draft. Rex is an idiot when it comes to drafting and judging young talent. We need a new GM to come in and make the call on the coaches. If he thinks Rex is the man, then fine, if not then it's adios.

Also, Rex has made some embarrassing and unexplainable decisions this season. He's lost the locker room two years in a row. Just like Sanchez has gone downhill, so has Rex. Both need to be accountable for their poor decisions they made.

16. rohirrim665

I have used Giants fans as an example ad nauseam whenever I hear all these chimps with ADD calling for Rex's head. In 2007, every Giant fan I knew wanted Coughlin (and Manning) out of town. What do they do? Win a superbowl. Fast Forward to last year, Giant fans want Coughlin sacked AGAIN!!! He wins another fucking superbowl. New York fans in general are so instant-gratification, "win now" mentality, that it can actually ruin their team. Owners feel the pressure (b/c we give them the money) and they cave in to our bullshit. (at least our owner does) It's a whole mentality that has to change.

I'm not sitting here trying to make anybody a Rex Ryan fan, you don't have to like him. I fully understand some of the gripes with him, but sit down and THINK for a minute instead of just senselessly rolling heads.

17. rohirrim665

I agree with the bolded but our Qb situation this year was not a typical one. If we didn't trade away our 2nd stringer for a punt protecter it might be a bit easier for a head coach to assess. Rex also needs to work on clock management and you could argue evaluating talent, (let's see what happens with Wilk and Coples) but you have got to realize this is only his 4th year as a head coach. There has got to be some leniency. Look at what Belichik did with the Browns. My biggest gripe is with our owner and I can't say I'm too happy with the GM lately either.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Fuck you soxxx!!!!!! I had no AFC title games from Todd to Testaverde. Then from Testaverde to Sanchez. Seriously. Fuck off.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Frankly, I wouldn't mind Nacho sticking around, if Norv tags along. If anything, Nacho has experience in his variant of Coryell system, so it makes sense to see of Norv can salvage Nacho first. If Nacho still sucks, then it is not too late to cut him loose after that - all that without having to eat the cap.

Praise the LORD! I'd love to see Norv tag along. (I've been saying about this for 4 years now. You guys know it too.)

P.S. That said: Fuck you, Cav. Die in a fire. Just fuck off. Like right now.

#19 Zach, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Chimps? Really? Fuck you too. You are a baby in a diaper. You have no idea. Be a Jets fan for almost 4 decades. Watch them win less than a handful of AFC East titles and/or play in AFC title games (with 0 to show for it). Learn respect. You've had it relatively easy. Wait until you step back and realize you really haven't won shit. Ass.