Jets will try to trade Sanchez per Manish

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Dec 19, 2012.

1. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Jets will try to trade Sanchez/get Vick per Manish

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets will try to trade Mark Sanchez after the season, per source. Full story on @nydailynews website #nyj

Bwahaha what would they possibly get?

UPDATE: Want to get Michael Vick and Vick wants to come to NY.

@MMehtaNYDN: Another layer to Sanchez trade story: Michael Vick is amenable to playing for Jets if MS is gone, I'm told. "Bring it on!" said Jets source

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan is X-factor for Jets' landing Michael Vick. Rex has always had affinity for Vick. "(Ryan) loves him," a Jets official told me #nyj

#1 DMarsh6, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

4. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Dreams do come true

yesssssssss

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Package Sanchez in trade

NO doubt Mike T. is the most idiotic GM in the history of sports. No decision was ever dumber than extending "Can-chez" last March. The unbelievable gall of Rex Ryan even PLAYING Sanchez after the butt fumble and his melt down against powerhouse Arizona shows that Ryan should be fired. The 3 stooges (Rex, Tanny and Sanchez) have made the jets the laughing stock of the NFL, hands down. OK, Sanchez, Rex and Tanny must go. Now with the Sanchez contract signed last March, what do you do?

First of all, don't even think of keeping Sanchez for one more season--The guy is not only the worst QB in the NFL, he is the worst player in the NFL. Anyone who says "Give Mark one more chance" is dumber than Rex Ryan. Good luck keeping a fan base if you keep him.

Cut Sanchez? It will cost a $17M cap hit--You can spread a small part of that over 2 years, but it's still $17M in dead money thanks to Tanny's INSANE contract extension last year. Good luck assembling a roster with no cap space in you cut him.

The only thing they can do is try to package Sanchez and his one-year guaranteed contract for next year with Revis, Cromartie or one of your few really good players IN A TRADE for a draft pick. THAT is roughly what the jets did in 2000 when they GAVE the Texans OT Ryan Young in the expansion draft ON THE CONDITION that the Texans also take CB Marcus Coleman (and his mega contract) off their hands. Nobody in their right mind would give a bag of chips for Sanchez alone and that insane contract for next year. There is a slight possibility (very slight) though that if the jets ADD Revis, Cromartie or someone valuable (the good) for less than full value in the trade, a team might take Sanchez (the bad) off their hands. The jets still take an $8M cap hit for trading Sanchez, but that's easier to swallow than almost $18M. You can get a lot of value/players for that extra $10M a year.

I know it probably won't happen, and before you complain about the idea, let's hear your solution on what do with Sanchez.

6. mpx42

mpx42 New Member

Arizona, maybe? LOL

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If its going to cost a good player to get him off the team, you keep him. Trading him this way just undercuts the value of the other player in the deal. You keep him, backup next year, and then he's gone. Easy solution

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I'm not even mad. Hopefully Sanchez get somewhere with supportive fanbase and qb oriented staff. Becomes the star that he was projected to be and make you haters eat your heart out for years to come

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sanchez for Kolb, straight up.

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Mike Vick will be cut by the Eagles in the offseason. we could probably sign him for cheap.

here's what I would do: Trade Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes to Arizona for Michael Floyd and a 3rd round pick.

11. lakersmetsjets49ers

If they can make this happen its ideal for both sides

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why would anyone trade for that mess?

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez for any of their QB's straight up. Let them pick their poison. Give them any LB on the roster not named Harris or Davis to sweeten the deal.

14. JohnnyS2

JohnnyS2 Member

Gosh, what the hell do I do with my Sanchez jersey?!

15. Br4d

Collectors item!

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I take everything from Manish with a grain of salt.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Sanchez/Holmes to Zona for Michael Floyd. DO IT!

18. Br4d

Sanchez/Holmes to Zona for Arthur Floyd the equipment manager. Anything to dump those contracts.

19. NFL

NFL Active Member

I honestly believe that Sanchez will go somewhere else and succeed. He will be better at a place that doesn't get so much media attention. NY is probably the toughest place to be a quarterback at. Right now I think Vick is our best shot, he wants to prove everyone wrong and show he can play.

Wherever Mark lands I'll be hoping for the best for him..

20. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I'll drive him to the airport