Question about Sanchez next season?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Dec 18, 2012.

1. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Since people say he is a team player? Couldn't the Jets go to him or Sanchez go to them and take a pay cut?

2. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

y would sanchez take a paycut? he's a team player but he's no sucka

3. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

The same reason VG did it.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Unlikely. We have a $8.5m backup.

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

You can probably count on one hand how many players out there willingly take salary cuts throughout sports in any era. Jets can ask Sanchez to take a pay cut but it's real unlikely he'll agree.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

We need somebody with a better memory than me. I thought if VG didn't agree to the pay reduction there was a very good chance of him not making the roster. Anybody remember this clearly?

7. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Mark has zero incentive to take a pay cut. If we release him he makes his full salary and can still get payed next year from another team.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Sanchez is DONE as a JET. As said weeks ago he will NOT return next year as a JET. He will go elsewhere and maybe a team will be around him but its clear as day last night was his last game in a JETS uniform.

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Everyone was certain that Santonio Holmes would be toast after last season and sure enough he played briefly this year due to his huge contract. The Jets will keep Sanchez in tow for the same reason. Why cut a player and then further cripple yourself from signing worthwhile free-agents, because of a monster salary cap hit.

Sanchez will be around more than likely as a back-up, but, he will be a Jet next season as futile as it sounds.

10. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Mark will most likely play next season as a back up. Either Greg Mcelroy proves he can be an NFL QB and that his arm strength wont be an issue in these 2 games, we bring in a FA or trade for a QB, or draft someone new. Starting Greg next sunday is most likely the end of him as our starting QB barring injury or earning his spot back next season which I dont think will be easy to do.

11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

And here lies Sanchez's reason to renegotiate his contract. Either he cuts the Jets a small break and they let him loose or he doesn't and he is forced to stay another year in NY. Financially, it makes MORE sense to take a pay cut from the Jets, be cut, and take a second salary from another team than (if he believes in himself and that he will be well paid) than it does to stay with the Jets, lose a year of his football career, and ride the pine.

Fact is that if you do the math, Mark has every reason in the world to want out. His long term earnings will be WAY better if he can rebuild his career. The longer he stays with the Jets on the bench the less likely that is. So the Jets can provably get him to give up a few million and let him go.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I agree he will most likely be back at least for traning camp to compete with another QB (GMac?) for the starting gig, which he probably won't win.

We also have Tebow and Greg under contract for another year too, so worse comes to worse we'll have a repeat of 2012.

13. PayDirt

PayDirt New Member

GMac (starter), Sanchez (backup), and draft a QB. Trade or drop Tebow.

14. jetiron

jetiron New Member

I like your thinking, it makes a lot of sense for Sanchez to think along those lines too. Why stay in a town where u are hated and not wanted. Take a discounted payout and get another salary elsewhere far far away from this nightmare. He will still end up somewhere close to what he is getting, but from two teams instead. I'm sure he'll play a tough card in milking the jets for all the dosh he can get....after all, Jets was dumb enough to give him the extension in the first place, Sanchez got to think making Jets cough up the dough won't be too difficult.

15. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

I don't think it would be impossible to restructure Sanchez. Renew his contract for 3 yrs and change it to 3 million a yr guaranteed + percentage of snap escalators like tebows.

The jets benefit from 5 mill less cap hit

Sanchez benefits from 1 million extra dollars and if he starts it can be bumped up to regular starter wages.

This also makes Sanchez tradeable since im sure he wouldn't mind a change of scenery.

Picking up a 3 mill hit for an experienced QB that was in a bad situation might not be a bad choice for some teams, and alot more likely then someone dropping 8 million for him.

If this happens he will be happy for a fresh start and the jets will be happy off loading him.

hell hire me as GM that doesn't seem too hard. (hyperbole dont attack me for this lol)

16. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Rex Grossman stay in Chicago for a long time and Bears fans hated him.

17. jetiron

jetiron New Member

that is true, but like i said in agreement with the other poster, if he wants to play QB, he has to leave. He can stay and ride the pine as well...that is definitely an option for him if he wants and possibly end his chances for an NFL career as a starting QB.

18. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

If this coward has any remorse for fucking over this franchise for the last four years, he will take a MAJOR pay cut whether he is here or not.

His contract is fucking over the Jets for next year, whether he is on the team or not. He should have some remorse for being a shitty player.

19. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Does anyone think we can find a trade partner to literally take him and his salary off of our hands for nothing?

20. JetmanJosh

JetmanJosh Member

Not a chance...